Fair trade?

Chum
Sand$: 20.00
Hey this is my 1st post of which i hope is many. Im in a keeper league and being offered samardzija and anibal sanchez for wright. Is this a good fair deal or should i hold out for more?
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,785.88
Don't trade D Wright for that...he's an elite 3rd baseman..I wouldn't do it

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,851.24
In a vacuum, no, I'd rather have Wright.
However, whether or not it's a good idea for you depends on several other details.
H2H or roto league? Where are you currently in the standings?
Draft or auction league? what, if any, are the draft or auction costs associated with each player?
How many keepers? How long do you keep them?
Do you have a good pitching staff, or are Sanchez and Samardzija significant upgrades for you?
Do you have a quality 2nd option at 3B?

Without knowing those things, it's impossible to predict whether this trade would help or hurt your team.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Chum
Its a H2H league, 7 keeper with no time limit on keeper. I got lawrie as my backup 3b and my starting pitching staff looks like this: C.C., hamels, peavy,lincecum, slowey, corbin and david phelps. Im treading mediocrity at 23-27 in 7th place. The settings are: R,HR,RB,K, AVG AND OBS. Pitching: W,L,K, Era,whip, Qs and nsh
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,223.76
I would never trade Wright for pitchers of that caliber.

No matter what the League set up.
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,142.68
Hold tight. If you're going to deal Wright, I'd want a more reliable SP than those two.
Chum
Yea i decided to pass on the offer. Thanks to everybody here for helping me out. Well just as i declined i got another offer from another owner, the offer is hamilton, cain and dempster for linecum, wright and beltran. Is this offer good? is now a good time to buy low on hamilton and cain or should i avoid them because there on a down year?
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,142.68
finscrusher wrote:Yea i decided to pass on the offer. Thanks to everybody here for helping me out. Well just as i declined i got another offer from another owner, the offer is hamilton, cain and dempster for linecum, wright and beltran. Is this offer good?

No on that offer as well. Cain >>> Lincecum, but the rest of the trade is a wash the other way. Regardless of name: Beltran > Hamilton

Is now a good time to buy low on hamilton and cain or should i avoid them because there on a down year?

Cain, yes. Hamilton, no.

There's nothing in Cain's peripheral numbers that say he is on a decline; just unlucky. His flyball-to-HR-ratio is WAAAAAY above the league norm...that should come back down to the average...if not below the average based on his 3yr splits.

Hamilton, on the other hand, is well on a decline...and his 3yr averages show it. He'll give you right around 25HRs and 90 RBIs...maybe more in that LAA lineup (which will come around)...but his average is rapidly declining and his K-rate was a career high last year. He was NOT worth the 2nd rd price tag that most payed to draft him this year. I wouldn't buy him at his asking price.