Gyorko/Wilhelmson for Cobb/Saunders

Megalodon
Sand$: 10,116.96
I recently made a trade to acquire Cain and bolster my pitching...now I've got another trade offer on the table. I'd be getting Gyorko/Wilhelmsen. It's a 12-team league. H2H format. Standard 5x5 scoring. Roster look like this:

C Evan Gattis
1B Prince Fielder
2B Matt Carpenter (1B/2B/3B/OF)
3B Chase Headley
SS Alcides Escobar
OF Ryan Braun
OF Chris Davis (1B/OF)
OF Austin Jackson
UTL Billy Butler
UTL Manny Machado
BN Michael Saunders
BN Mike Moustakas
DL Hanley Ramirez (3B/SS)

SP Stephen Strasburg
SP Cole Hamels
RP Huston Street
RP Ernesto Frieri
P Kenley Jansen
P Jim Henderson
P Matt Cain
P Mike Minor
BN Jhoulys Chacin
BN Tony Cingrani
BN Alex Cobb
(Streamer spot) Eric Stults

Even though it's H2H, I keep track of my "roto-scoring" to gauge my team's strength. Here's my offensive numbers as of yesterday (mind you, these numbers reflect an offense with Segura/Marte and a pitching staff minus Cain). Scoring is 12 being best, 1 being worst.

R: 12
HR: 9
RBI: 11
SB: 10
AVG: 11

W: 7
SV: 5
K: 8
ERA: 6
WHIP: 8

i like this trade b/c I think Wilhelmsen improves my SVs/ERA/WHIP, and Gyorko might be a better option at 2B than Carp. My ERA/WHIP numbers suffer b/c i stream often. The owner has also offered Wilhelmsen for Cobb straight up...let me know what y'all think...
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,310.34
I think i'd keep Cobb and offer him Chacin. You'd keep a better starter and it still would be fair...Saunders is worth it and he should bite

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,535.20
Is this a redraft or a keeper/dyno?
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
I don't like it.

I'm not giving up a great starter (which Cobb has been and I think he can sustain) for a great closer, especially one off to an unsustainably good start. The fact that Wilhelmsen already has 8 saves is as unlikely as Frieri only having 4.

Gyorko's got more raw power than Carpenter, but I wouldn't bet on it creating a big HR difference this year. But I would bet on a small batting average advantage from Carpenter and a big advantage in runs scored, with rbi totals being pretty close. Add to that Carpenter's eligibility at 1B,2B,3B and OF, compared to just 2B and 3B for JG, and he jumps way ahead of Gyorko for me.

This is a sell-high deal from the Wilhelmsen owner. Pass.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Is this a redraft or a keeper/dyno?

its a keeper, but very shallow. none of these players would factor into keeper decisions next season.
Megalodon
hard 10 wrote:I don't like it.

I'm not giving up a great starter (which Cobb has been and I think he can sustain) for a great closer, especially one off to an unsustainably good start. The fact that Wilhelmsen already has 8 saves is as unlikely as Frieri only having 4.

Gyorko's got more raw power than Carpenter, but I wouldn't bet on it creating a big HR difference this year. But I would bet on a small batting average advantage from Carpenter and a big advantage in runs scored, with rbi totals being pretty close. Add to that Carpenter's eligibility at 1B,2B,3B and OF, compared to just 2B and 3B for JG, and he jumps way ahead of Gyorko for me.

This is a sell-high deal from the Wilhelmsen owner. Pass.

I appreciate the insight!
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,792.00
Not a fan. If you could swap Cobb out for a different pitcher then maybe. Gyrko is nothing to me. I do like Wilhelmson but I wouldnt be surprised to see him gone at the deadline to a contender and used as a setup man. Im a fan of Cobb and probably wouldnt deal him alone for those 2
Great White Shark
Sand$: 115.95
I wouldn't recommend paying for saves. The attrition rate for closers is just far too high to justify trading for one that's outside the absolute elite... And even then I'm usually hesitant.