Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,203.96
Just came back from a PED suspension. I am using Gattis- who is hitting the tar off the ball, but he does not play very often.

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,851.24
H2H or roto league?

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,785.88
If he's playing everyday i'd probably take him over Gattis. I like Gattis but what does he play twice a week? I liked Grandal last year a bit so i'd grab him...but i don't know how the PEDs affected his play.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
hard 10 wrote:H2H or roto league?

H2H- 10 team league.

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,142.68
I say yes in both formats; H2H and roto. If the Braves starters are healthy, Gattis won't get enough playing time to make a difference. Grandal won't hit for much power, but he'll help your average and end up working his way into the 5-6 hole on the regular. Oh yeah...he has zero competition at the position. I see no reason he shouldn't play 5 games a week when healthy. I dropped Gattis in one league for him.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,851.24
Bunker wrote:
hard 10 wrote:H2H or roto league?

H2H- 10 team league.

Gattis, though in a 10 team league, neither is a great option.
Grandal should hit for a higher average, with more total runs and rbi the rest of the season, but Gattis has more power and an extra HR or two per week is more useful in H2H leagues than an extra hit or two from Grandal.

In roto leagues, I want the guy who's going to get more at bats. In H2H, I want the guy who's going to do more with the at bats he gets, and that guy is Gattis.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Who is this Michael Waca guy? i grab him for a spot start and he's already owned like %45.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Thanks guys- I guess i will hold off for now on giving up Gattis. He does seem to get some big hits even as a pinch hitter.

― Mark Twain
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Who is this Michael Waca guy? i grab him for a spot start and he's already owned like %45.

I snagged him yesterday as well. I have a streaming pitcher spot and figured why not. The guy who has been hurting me all year is Medlen. Thankfully I didn't start him last night.

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Who is this Michael Waca guy? i grab him for a spot start and he's already owned like %45.

19th overall pick. Killer upside. Pitches for one of the best teams in the league. He's got a chance to succeed right out the gate.
Megalodon
Sand$: 161,637.76
JayP37 wrote:

19th overall pick. Killer upside. Pitches for one of the best teams in the league. He's got a chance to succeed right out the gate.

Killer upside? not really. he'll be a steady starter....and a good one....for a long time. However, he's not an elite arm, and the K rate is never going to be great either....he's still worth an add in all leagues.
Megalodon
marty1841 wrote:
JayP37 wrote:

Killer upside? not really. he'll be a steady starter....and a good one....for a long time. However, he's not an elite arm, and the K rate is never going to be great either....he's still worth an add in all leagues.

my bad, I should've clarified: killer fantasy upside. You're right...he's not a Felix/Verlander/Kershaw-type dominator...but he's got SP2 written all over him...and he's also got more upside than non-fireballers like Kris Medlen and Jordan Zimmerman, IMHO. That's a pretty good find on the WW at the end of May that can change the face of a fantasy team's pitching staff.
Megalodon
JayP37 wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
JayP37 wrote:

my bad, I should've clarified: killer fantasy upside. You're right...he's not a Felix/Verlander/Kershaw-type dominator...but he's got SP2 written all over him...and he's also got more upside than non-fireballers like Kris Medlen and Jordan Zimmerman, IMHO. That's a pretty good find on the WW at the end of May that can change the face of a fantasy team's pitching staff.

Jordan Zimmerman? Damn i hope so...thats saying alot

Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
JayP37 wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
JayP37 wrote:

Jordan Zimmerman? Damn i hope so...thats saying alot

That might have a slight hint of favoritism ;)

Wacha's been on my radar since the preseason. I watched him pitch in 2 games and penciled him in my notes section on my cheatsheet...and I managed to grab him in 4 of the 5 leagues I'm in. So yeah...maybe the Zimmermann comment is slightly biased, but I stand by my "he's a SP2 in a 12-team league" statement.
Great White Shark
JayP37 wrote:Wacha's been on my radar since the preseason. I watched him pitch in 2 games and penciled him in my notes section on my cheatsheet...and I managed to grab him in 4 of the 5 leagues I'm in. So yeah...maybe the Zimmermann comment is slightly biased, but I stand by my "he's a SP2 in a 12-team league" statement.

Rough night last night. You going to start him against the Reds or see how he bounces back before you trust him again?

― Mark Twain