Goldschmidt for Gattis + X

SandShark
Sand$: 251.94
I've spent the majority of the current season handling trade offers for Paul Goldschmidt and I think I might have found one that is worth looking into. I'm currently in second place in the league behind the person making me the offer and, as the title implies, he's offering Evan Gattis plus something else. The main reason I'm considering this offer is for next year. I'm probably going to have a problem at Catcher next year since I don't believe Napoli will be eligible, leaving me with only Joe Mauer. Evan Gattis solves this problem, but I'm not sure his breakout year this year justifies a straight up trade.

What are your guys thoughts? I'm not sure how much more I can get, but I might be able to acquire one of his extra outfielders - either Brown or Stanton - or maybe Tulowitzki, but that may be a stretch.

Here's my current lineup:
C: Mike Napoli
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Kyle Seager
3B: Matt Carpenter
SS: Jimmy Rollins
CI: Chris Davis
MI: Kelly Johnson
LF: Alejandro de Aza
CF: Gerardo Parra
RF: Nick Markakis
OF: Coco Crisp
Util: Michael Bourn
SP: Jeff Samardzija
SP: Doug Fister
SP: CJ Wilson
SP: Homer Bailey
SP: Hyun-Jin Ryu
RP: Lance Lynn
RP: Tanner Scheppers
RP: Sean Doolittle
RP: Joel Peralta
RP: Brett Cecil
RP: Justin Wilson
RP: Hector Santiago

and his:
C: Carlos Santos
C: Matt Wieters
1B: Chris Carter
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: David Wright
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
CI: Conor Gillaspie
MI: Josh Rutledge
LF: Ryan Braun
CF: BJ Upton
RF: Dominic Brown
OF: Norichika Aoki
Util: Evan Gattis
SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Stephen Strausburg
SP: Madison Bumgarner
SP: Adam Wainright
SP: Zack Greinke
RP: JJ Hoover
RP: John Axford
RP: Al Alburquerque
RP: Andrew Bailey
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Tony Watson
RP: Rex Brothers

DL/Minors of note: Hanley Ramirez, Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
a new C could pop up next year for you. I'd keep Goldschmidth unless i was getting someone I felt was Elite because i think he's going to be a stud for years. Tulo or Braun would be the only guys i'd target.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
nope.
Goldschmidt looks like he's going to be in the elite tier of 1Bs for the foreseeable future. I'm not giving that up for a catcher, ANY catcher, even with an occasionally elite and usually injury prone SS thrown in.

I do love Brown as a keeper league target, but not enough to part with Goldschmidt.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Chum
Sand$: 20.00
yea i wouldn't give goldy for gatis +1 in any deal because i don't know where gattis is gonna get his at bats from. Also goldy looks for real and could put up 40 Hr a year. If your hell bent on trading him id try going for king felix and weiters. wieters has 20+HR power a year and hits in an amazing lineup but if your not in any type of need in pitching id probably hold on to goldy
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,116.96
absolutely NOT! pretty much for all the reasons previously listed.

Gattis has nowhere to go at C; McCann is trumping him...and depending on what site you play on, Gattis may only end up eligible at OF next year. And Goldy is looking like a star in the making.