With the 1st pick...

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
LT. Didn't really have to give it much thought.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Megalodon
Sand$: 18,760.14
Moss and Brady at 6 & 7.

You guys are throwing those of us who look at this draft as a benchmark into a tizzy.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Megalodon
Sand$: 101.38
gballs1 wrote:Moss and Brady at 6 & 7.

You guys are throwing those of us who look at this draft as a benchmark into a tizzy.

It was actually 7 and 8 because I nearly wet myself at 9. I didn't expect to find Portis there.
Megalodon
Sand$: 18,760.14
Choo wrote:

It was actually 7 and 8 because I nearly wet myself at 9. I didn't expect to find Portis there.

No such luck in Blue Shark League #1. RBs straight down the line - I felt almost lucky with MB3 at 1.08.

Portis at 1.09 is a coup.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Megalodon
Sand$: 101.38
gballs1 wrote:
Choo wrote:

No such luck in Blue Shark League #1. RBs straight down the line - I felt almost lucky with MB3 at 1.08.

Portis at 1.09 is a coup.

Barber is the guy I figured I would end up with at 9 . . . and I stayed up way too late last night trying to figure out who I would take between Barber/Lynch/Gore. The whole thing turned out to be pointless.
Last edited by Choo on Wed 08.13.2008, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
Portis was definitely a steal at #9. Had him 6th on my board and pushing for 5th.

Unless last year's stats count, I don't like the New England picks. I'm glad both were in my division. Betting on a repeat performance of the greatest offense in history? I'm not saying it can't work, it just seems so risky.

Of course it's impossible to predict this year, but historically, eschewing RBs in Shark Leagues doesn't really work out due to the lack of trading and hoarding of high-potential backups.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
In a ppr league, even with the carries for RBs getting attention, the smart money is on Moss this year. I'd take him as early as 6. Especially if the top 5 are RBs. Here the 6 RBs I valued the most were gone. No way Moss makes it back to me in round 2, and so if I want him, here is where I get him. And I wanted him.

Ask Steven Jackson and Shawn Alexander 2007 owners if there first rounds did them any good. Risk is higher at RB. Moss will not ruin my draft absent an uncharacteristic injury. He may not make it, but he won't ruin it.

My middle rounds however, will MAKE or BREAK my draft.

And the RB talent pool is deeper for adequacy, while shallow for sure things. The sure things being gone, Moss is on my team. A case could be made for Barber/Portis but hey, while I like Barber, I am not sold on his situation yet, as he is not the only game in town, and he is brutal, and without some spelling likely to get crunched. Portis has never done it for me in Washington, and with a new system and unproven QB I decided to pass with Moss on the board.

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut