Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,004.40
ross3650 wrote:
redbone wrote:VY 2.0

And I would be okay with that if he were being managed in such a manner. IMO he would be much more effective. Problem is that he is being forced into passing when he's simply not a passer.
It's his on doing, if he would walk into Tressel's office and say that he'd do it in a heartbeat but Pryor wants to be groomed for the pros so the vest is stuck trying to mold him into a QB he isn't going to be unless Pryor actually wants to listen.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,700.72
Sounds like we are all on the same page here.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,700.72
OarChambo wrote:
ross3650 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Oh boy...if even half of these unconfirmed reports about Pryor being spread around Buckeye country right now are true this is going to be a fun couple of years to be a Michigan fan :popcorn:

What? Are you talking about Buckeye Nation hating on him? If so, it's true.
No, I'm talking about him thinking he's too good to listen to others who have been through what he's going through. Whether it's dealing with adversity, leading a team, basic skills a QB needs to know, or anything else. He thinks being physically superior to others is enough, and I'm thrilled that he arrogantly thinks that.

Hadn't heard any of that here, but it really boils down to him being able to balance maturity with ability. I think his frustration is stunting the growth of both at this point. Not sure it's arrogance, but more like stubbornness.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,633.58
Interesting won - loss numbers but the underlying stats seem more relevant here.

What the W-L records omit are things like whether any progress is being made in terms of a young QB's development. Don't see any progress being made in Pryors case. It almost seems like he's regressing.

TOP QBS AFTER 12 GAMES
Few great quarterbacks take over as starters without a few slip-ups. Among the best quarterbacks in college football right now, and two stars of the past to whom Terrelle Pryor is often compared -- Vince Young of Texas and Ohio State's Troy Smith -- the Buckeyes' 9-3 record with Pryor is competitive. The only other quarterback on this list who started as a true freshman, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, had many more bumps in his first 12 starts.
Here are the comparisons after 12 career starts for Pryor and six other quarterbacks:

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (10-2)
First start: 2007, first game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 198-for-282, 70.2 percent, 2,670 yards, 32 TDs, 7 INTs.
Rushing: 24 rushes for 8 yards, 0 TDs.

Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (5-7)
First start: 2007, second game of true freshman season.
Passing: 189-for-335, 56.4 percent, 1,826 yards, 13 TDs, 12 INTs.
Rushing: 167 rushes for minus-199 yards, 2 TDs.

Colt McCoy, Texas (9-3)
First start: 2006, first game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 191-for-278, 68.7 percent, 2,262 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs.
Rushing: 66 rushes for 167 yards, 2 TDs.

Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State (9-3)
First start: 2008, fourth game of true freshman season.
Passing: 114-for-194, 58.8 percent, 1,575 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 130 rushes for 568 yards, 7 TDs.

Troy Smith (9-3)
First start: 2004, seventh game of redshirt sophomore season.
Passing: 141-for-244, 57.8 percent, 2,056 yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 164 rushes for 703 yards, 10 TDs.

Tim Tebow (9-3)
First start: 2007, first game of true sophomore season.
Passing: 217-for-317, 68.5 percent, 3,132 yards, 29 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 195 rushes for 838 yards, 31 TDs.

Vince Young (above), Texas (10-2)
First start: 2003, seventh game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 121-for-205, 59 percent, 1,528 yards, 13 TDs, 8 INTs.
Rushing: 139 rushes for 884 yards, 5 TDs.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
redbone wrote:
ross3650 wrote:I apologize, but I have to clear something up because I'm not sure everyone is on the same page in terms of how things transpired here.

Pryor was being recruited by several schools, but wanted the opportunity to be groomed and coached into a viable NFL type QB. Out of his options, he physically fit best at WVU, but again, that isn't the type of system he wanted (seeing the Pat White and DickRod offense). Next, Hmmmmm... missagain looks pretty good. But guess what? Bye Bye loser Llyod, hello DickRod, same bag-o-nails. So...OSU? Yeah, "Tress" (that's honestly what he called him during his press conference from his HS last March, and that's when I was done with him) will let me use the OSU system to try to be something I'm not.

And so here we are. I repeat, however, that I could care less. I am a life long Buckeye, OSU football fan, and OSU alum, and this isn't the first experiment not to pan out, nor will it be the last, but that's what we have for the time being. The more stress the better though...right?

And Tressell has a ton of experience sending QB's to the next level?

Was thinking that myself.

The kid should have been on his knees to see Pete Carroll. Purdue is The QB-U now, isn't it?

Now that's a pretty motto: THE Quarterback University

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,004.40
Well, at least Pryor finally took a phone call from someone trying to help him.

It just took LeBron and Shaq to make him accept that call :lol:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... sus-pryor/
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,999.80
jesteva wrote:Interesting won - loss numbers but the underlying stats seem more relevant here.

What the W-L records omit are things like whether any progress is being made in terms of a young QB's development. Don't see any progress being made in Pryors case. It almost seems like he's regressing.

TOP QBS AFTER 12 GAMES
Few great quarterbacks take over as starters without a few slip-ups. Among the best quarterbacks in college football right now, and two stars of the past to whom Terrelle Pryor is often compared -- Vince Young of Texas and Ohio State's Troy Smith -- the Buckeyes' 9-3 record with Pryor is competitive. The only other quarterback on this list who started as a true freshman, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, had many more bumps in his first 12 starts.
Here are the comparisons after 12 career starts for Pryor and six other quarterbacks:

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (10-2)
First start: 2007, first game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 198-for-282, 70.2 percent, 2,670 yards, 32 TDs, 7 INTs.
Rushing: 24 rushes for 8 yards, 0 TDs.

Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (5-7)
First start: 2007, second game of true freshman season.
Passing: 189-for-335, 56.4 percent, 1,826 yards, 13 TDs, 12 INTs.
Rushing: 167 rushes for minus-199 yards, 2 TDs.

Colt McCoy, Texas (9-3)
First start: 2006, first game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 191-for-278, 68.7 percent, 2,262 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs.
Rushing: 66 rushes for 167 yards, 2 TDs.

Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State (9-3)
First start: 2008, fourth game of true freshman season.
Passing: 114-for-194, 58.8 percent, 1,575 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 130 rushes for 568 yards, 7 TDs.

Troy Smith (9-3)
First start: 2004, seventh game of redshirt sophomore season.
Passing: 141-for-244, 57.8 percent, 2,056 yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 164 rushes for 703 yards, 10 TDs.

Tim Tebow (9-3)
First start: 2007, first game of true sophomore season.
Passing: 217-for-317, 68.5 percent, 3,132 yards, 29 TDs, 6 INTs.
Rushing: 195 rushes for 838 yards, 31 TDs.

Vince Young (above), Texas (10-2)
First start: 2003, seventh game of redshirt freshman season.
Passing: 121-for-205, 59 percent, 1,528 yards, 13 TDs, 8 INTs.
Rushing: 139 rushes for 884 yards, 5 TDs.

How many passes for Pryor can be accounted for heaving it up hoping a player in a Scarlet and grey jersey comes down with it. These stats are totally irrelevant if you watch him play. True pitifulness.

Sharks College League
South Florida League of Champions
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,901.30
pwbowen wrote:
redbone wrote:
ross3650 wrote:I apologize, but I have to clear something up because I'm not sure everyone is on the same page in terms of how things transpired here.

Pryor was being recruited by several schools, but wanted the opportunity to be groomed and coached into a viable NFL type QB. Out of his options, he physically fit best at WVU, but again, that isn't the type of system he wanted (seeing the Pat White and DickRod offense). Next, Hmmmmm... missagain looks pretty good. But guess what? Bye Bye loser Llyod, hello DickRod, same bag-o-nails. So...OSU? Yeah, "Tress" (that's honestly what he called him during his press conference from his HS last March, and that's when I was done with him) will let me use the OSU system to try to be something I'm not.

And so here we are. I repeat, however, that I could care less. I am a life long Buckeye, OSU football fan, and OSU alum, and this isn't the first experiment not to pan out, nor will it be the last, but that's what we have for the time being. The more stress the better though...right?

The kid should have been on his knees to see Pete Carroll. Purdue is The QB-U now, isn't it?

Ahem. That would be Michigan. By a mile.

Anyways, I'm on Pryor's side here. The dude is immensely, immensely talented. Tressel's offense is verifiably paleolithic. It's a damn shame Pryor couldn't see Michigan as the place for him. RichRod's offense is never static, and it would have made good use of his passing and running talents.

Yeah, he's a moron, but I think he's awesome.

I'm a dude.
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,351.30
FantasyHussy wrote:
pwbowen wrote: Purdue is The QB-U now, isn't it?

You have a funny measure of a mile...

HoF QBs from Michigan: (1) Benny Friedman...yes THE Benny Friedman

HoF QBs from Purdue: (2) Len Dawson, Bob Griese

Current QBs of undefeated teams from Purdue: (3)

Current QBs of undefeated teams from Michigan: (0)

Yeah...BY A MILE... :roll:

gridguru wrote:Favorite: LVSharks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,724.18
LVSharks wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

You counting Painter also? :lol:

3 year old link, but still holds water when explaining the recent history of QB's coming out of college to play in the Pro's. Michigan is the QB U.
http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=537412

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
Supreme Megalodon
Based on today's NFL, I suppose it's Brady/Henne vs. Brees/Orton, isn't it?

Guess Big 10.5 is QB Conference, isn't it?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,724.18
pwbowen wrote:Based on today's NFL, I suppose it's Brady/Henne vs. Brees/Orton, isn't it?

Looks like the SEC is right now.

http://nkysportsworld.blogspot.com/2009 ... rence.html

Couple things from that, USC has 3 starting QB's right now. And the MAC is getting fawked, both Marshall players were playing in the MAC when they went pro. :?

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,901.30
LVSharks wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

Gotta love LV. Even with the overwhelming evidence that Michigan is QBU(with a 20 yr streak of producing NFL QBs interrupted only by last season, which will persist with Tate Forcier), he'll keep chuggin' along like a cute little Boiler maker. I want to squeeze you, baby. :wink:

I'm a dude.
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,685.08
FantasyHussy wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
redbone wrote:

Anyways, I'm on Pryor's side here. The dude is immensely, immensely talented. Tressel's offense is verifiably paleolithic. It's a damn shame Pryor couldn't see Michigan as the place for him. RichRod's offense is never static, and it would have made good use of his passing and running talents.

Yeah, he's a moron, but I think he's awesome.

If I'm not mistaken, back when he was being recruited, geography played a crucial role in his decision because his father wasn't in good shape, and he wanted to be close to home..

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Supreme Megalodon
lousylions wrote:
pwbowen wrote:Based on today's NFL, I suppose it's Brady/Henne vs. Brees/Orton, isn't it?

Looks like the SEC is right now.

http://nkysportsworld.blogspot.com/2009 ... rence.html

Couple things from that, USC has 3 starting QB's right now. And the MAC is getting fawked, both Marshall players were playing in the MAC when they went pro. :?

As to the SEC, using Russell should gain negative points and Campbell's off the list for now. Stafford I'm not completely sold on at this point, but that's another thread.

More from the ACC than I recalled and that's a pretty solid list.

Funny that the Big 12 has 0 at this time.