Gun Owners

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24492
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,211.34
Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15022
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002
Sand$: 60,592.62
That looks like a good weekend.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 18583
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004
Sand$: 41,708.00
birddog wrote:
Ippo wrote:proud owner of a H&K P30 (9mm). It's a bit on the expensive side but well worth it, especially since I am a southpaw.

Will be looking to buy my second handgun later this year. Thinking of getting a 45. My friend has a glock but i didn't really like how it fired. Any recommendations?
is there a reason you're not looking back at the same frame/config? I thought HK made .45s in the same frame/config among others obviously but I'm not an HK guy so I can say for certain..

I don't own a .45 yet so can't say with personal experience but my father has a handful of 'em and like jd states:

jdhowlett wrote:1911

^^ thats the frame/config I'd start with if you move away from your HK.


i thought about it but i want a different gun instead of buying the exact same one in the 45 config. The P30 does come in 9mm and .45...

The 1911 is nice but I am a southpaw so i am actually kind of limited in options actually. I was browsing online and you can modify it so it is left-handed but i wanted something more ambidextrous.

Looking at the FNP-45 Tactical right now... Smith and Wesson M&P has an ambi slide and reversible mag release.
_______________________________________

Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
Ippo wrote:
birddog wrote:
Ippo wrote:proud owner of a H&K P30 (9mm). It's a bit on the expensive side but well worth it, especially since I am a southpaw.

Will be looking to buy my second handgun later this year. Thinking of getting a 45. My friend has a glock but i didn't really like how it fired. Any recommendations?
is there a reason you're not looking back at the same frame/config? I thought HK made .45s in the same frame/config among others obviously but I'm not an HK guy so I can say for certain..

I don't own a .45 yet so can't say with personal experience but my father has a handful of 'em and like jd states:

jdhowlett wrote:1911

^^ thats the frame/config I'd start with if you move away from your HK.


i thought about it but i want a different gun instead of buying the exact same one in the 45 config. The P30 does come in 9mm and .45...

The 1911 is nice but I am a southpaw so i am actually kind of limited in options actually. I was browsing online and you can modify it so it is left-handed but i wanted something more ambidextrous.

Looking at the FNP-45 Tactical right now... Smith and Wesson M&P has an ambi slide and reversible mag release.
Never put the lefty thing into consideration.. kind of key. I'm not familiar with the ambi convertibles or lft designated frames at all, sorry man. Good luck finding it though thats all I've got.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
StoneCutter wrote:Image

oh a test.. lets see here 12g, 22lr, 22mag, 9mm, 38/357?, .45, .223, .308... and I'll guess 30-06 or .270?. neck and shoulder are throwing me on it

how'd I do?

lots a fun there, anyway
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24492
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,211.34
birddog wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:Image

oh a test.. lets see here 12g, 22lr, 22mag, 9mm, 38/357?, .45, .223, .308... and I'll guess 30-06 or .270?. neck and shoulder are throwing me on it

how'd I do?

lots a fun there, anyway



Pretty darn close.

12g, 22lr, 22mag, 9mm, .40, .45, .223, .308, 30-06

Not shown were the remnants of four 1/2lb jars of tannerite and dozens of skeet/grapefruit/cantaloupe/watermelons/apples/paint cans/fire extinguishers/oxygen bottles/etc.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
StoneCutter wrote:
birddog wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:Image

oh a test.. lets see here 12g, 22lr, 22mag, 9mm, 38/357?, .45, .223, .308... and I'll guess 30-06 or .270?. neck and shoulder are throwing me on it

how'd I do?

lots a fun there, anyway



Pretty darn close.

12g, 22lr, 22mag, 9mm, .40, .45, .223, .308, 30-06

Not shown were the remnants of four 1/2lb jars of tannerite and dozens of skeet/grapefruit/cantaloupe/watermelons/apples/paint cans/fire extinguishers/oxygen bottles/etc.
guh. major fail. ran though too fast w/o thinking.. complete wif on the .40 - 38/357 has entirely different case(s) longer w/completely different base, extracting groove/head space.. should've caught that right away. 30-06 is the parent case of the .270win (just necked down).. could've been a .280rem for that matter but meh.. i'll take it on a whim though. :D
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24492
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,211.34
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
:D reminded me of the 28gauge Taurus 'Raging Judge' revolver

Image

totally ridiculous
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15022
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002
Sand$: 60,592.62
birddog wrote:totally ridiculous

x2

Not my cup o' tea, but if someone wants to make/own/shoot it, go for it.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3127
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Sand$: 5,636.24
My first venture into this topic as I purchased my first gun (Ruger LC9) a couple of months ago and am really enjoying it.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
jdhowlett wrote:
birddog wrote:totally ridiculous

x2

Not my cup o' tea, but if someone wants to make/own/shoot it, go for it.
yep feel the same way here. The more I thought about that dbl the more I thought it'd be a cool piece to own/collect.. why I picked up that .500mag SW. bit more of a novelty/conversation piece than anything else...

damnit Stone.. I really didn't need to see that thing.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27612
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 0.00
I’m not into guns but I thought I’d share this.
I was in the Café the other day and this oldtimer was sitting there and we got to talking. We were talking about how mean people were nowadays and he told me there wasn’t a man that could take him up until he was 70 years old. He said he was 85 now and could still get it done with his ‘friend’. He opened up his coat and I’ll be damned if he didn’t have a 45 strapped to him! He had a permit to carry it and he said he wouldn’t hesitate to use it. That is pitiful, an old man packing heat…..
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36515
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 149,949.52
5XChamps wrote:I’m not into guns but I thought I’d share this.
I was in the Café the other day and this oldtimer was sitting there and we got to talking. We were talking about how mean people were nowadays and he told me there wasn’t a man that could take him up until he was 70 years old. He said he was 85 now and could still get it done with his ‘friend’. He opened up his coat and I’ll be damned if he didn’t have a 45 strapped to him! He had a permit to carry it and he said he wouldn’t hesitate to use it. That is pitiful, an old man packing heat…..
pitiful?... yes in probably the sense you're referring to .. but its actually the best thing for him in a lot of ways if hes in any situation.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests