Good luck and here's to a great season.
And some words from Pat. I've snipped out some because I expect you've already claimed your team if you're reading this.
Pat_Smith wrote:And some things to remember:
Review the rules again!
The rules are updated, and a reminder of the changes we put in place in past seasons:
1. We adopted the myfantasyleague.com pre-set waivers, option 1A, which is great, as you will have until kickoff to pick up players, but this has one drawback – NO PRESEASON WW. Which means have a complete roster drafted for week one, or be prepared to not start a TE/K/D that week!
2. The draft window is at at 12 hours, but one miss, and you go on autopilot. All drafts are going simultaneously again, and trying to keep up with multiple misses will be all but impossible. And if we get as much participation as we hope, we will be bigger and better, so policing will be harder, and because of that, going on auto will no longer be reversible, you miss, you stay on auto. The good news? Things will be set so that even if you go on autopilot the pre-drafters and draft lists will work, so you can still control your draft, you just lose the benefit of the 12 hour timer if you mess up. Solution? Don’t miss a pick! And if you do – pre-draft pre-draft pre-draft!
3. The playoffs structure remains the same, as do the rise-and-fall rules, remember there is no re-seeding between playoff rounds, they get set and they ride as set. The reasoning is two-fold, to keep divisions relevant, we already reward byes to two division winners regardless of statistics, so the “best” teams are not necessarily the highest seeds, therefore re-seeding is less important, and second, it is just plain easier!
4. My ability to fix obvious mistakes is still there, and I will, and policing dead owners will continue, but keep alert and help me out. It only SEEMS like I am everywhere. And if a mistake gets made I can’t fix (and that is my call), then you live with it. And that may be more likely this year, with less time and more teams. So don’t make mistakes!
5. A reminder NO trading, remember that for drafts, trading has been floated many times, but the cons still outweigh the pros amongst the powers that be.
6. Remember, after the first round of invites you could still move! Don't get too comfy. After we move up players to fill no shows, THEN we are off!
8. And just a reminder, we still have the "Carney" rule. In 2009 Carney was cut just prior to week 13, after the ww closed for the season. A few playoff teams were forced to go without a kicker. That was unsatisfactory. Hence the new rule. It will be all manually done, as mfl has no setting for this, but basically, should a player be cut (not injured, that is a risk for which you should plan for or willingly take) after the regular season ends, anytime during the playoffs, that player can be replaced by a same-position player available from the pool of free agents. This will in all likelihood not happen, or effect us, but by announcing this now, it will allow me to do what I would have liked to have done in 2009, and that is let Carney owners replace him.
Round 1 Draft Order:
2.Dezzie Does Time
3.Jesus In Kleetz
11.Bohican's Mean Machines
12.Britt's Bail Bonds