Sand$: 10,038.14

The Cleveland Plain Dealer considers the Browns unlikely to trade the No. 1 overall pick for Jimmy Garoppolo.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 5,628.50
Haha
Sand$: 10,038.14
Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Monday at the NFL Owners Meetings that Tom Brady believes he can continue playing into his mid to late 40s.
Brady turns 40 this August. "As recently as two to three days ago, (Brady) assured me he’s willing to play six, seven more years," were Kraft's exact words. Kraft added that he's hopeful Bill Belichick will "coach into his 80s."

Great White Shark
Sand$: 274.92
endzoneview wrote:
Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Monday at the NFL Owners Meetings that Tom Brady believes he can continue playing into his mid to late 40s.
Brady turns 40 this August. "As recently as two to three days ago, (Brady) assured me he’s willing to play six, seven more years," were Kraft's exact words. Kraft added that he's hopeful Bill Belichick will "coach into his 80s."

:lol:

The drop-off is going to be swift and sudden, I expect, but he may indeed have a few more years. He has been relatively injury-free outside the knee in 2008, and he has been an immobile, cerebral QB versus a more athletic QB like Newton, Wilson, or Rodgers.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,693.74
At the end of his career Dan Marino moved around the pocket more swiftly. Mid 40's? Naw

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 274.92
I am disappointed there have been no rumors or news about Garopollo for 48 hours.

Come on, Cleveland---bet the farm!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,356.30
It's unlikely Brady will play at a high level into mid-40s. But it's not ridiculous to think he might. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to do so.

Nolan Ryan threw a no-hitter in his 40s. At 43 he led the league in K's and WHIP. He struck out 301 at 42 :shock:

We all know about Gordie Howe. And Jaromir Jagr is still going strong at 45.

Satchel Page pitched at an elite level well into his 40s (maybe even 50s, the exact age is murky).

There is a handful of "freak" athletes who seem to defy time. Maybe Brady's one of them.

If ya got nothing to say, don't say it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,849.26
Killer Bs wrote:It's unlikely Brady will play at a high level into mid-40s. But it's not ridiculous to think he might. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to do so.

Nolan Ryan threw a no-hitter in his 40s. At 43 he led the league in K's and WHIP. He struck out 301 at 42 :shock:

We all know about Gordie Howe. And Jaromir Jagr is still going strong at 45.

Satchel Page pitched at an elite level well into his 40s (maybe even 50s, the exact age is murky).

There is a handful of "freak" athletes who seem to defy time. Maybe Brady's one of them.

Baseball isn't a contact sport, it's about muscle memory and doing the exact same thing 100 times in a game when you're a pitcher.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Er, OK.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,849.26
Killer Bs wrote:Er, OK.

You confused? You might want to find a non-Kicker in football in recent years playing at 40 and not use a couple of 30 or 40 or more year old references.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
pwbowen wrote:

You confused? You might want to find a non-Kicker in football in recent years playing at 40 and not use a couple of 30 or 40 or more year old references.

Wow. What the hell are you talking about?

Megalodon
Sand$: 54,799.42
endzoneview wrote:

Willing to, sure.
Able to, doubt it.

Sig by NJ. The greatest shark ever.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 76.36
Hoping to see more 1st half Superbowl Brady next season. Probably see more of 2nd half SB Brady.

So competitive he is probably spending every bit pf time he can in a hyperbaric chamber or cryogenically frozen.
Great White Shark
bigredmachineffl wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Willing to, sure.
Able to, doubt it.

That's the key right there. Exactly.

Megalodon
Sand$: 53,691.70
pwbowen wrote:

Nothing wrong with the hockey references. Hockey is a very physically demanding and abusive sport. Jagr is a current example and Howe is just an absolute exception.

It is entirely possible he plays another 2-3 seasons and does well. After that though... well, I guess I won't doubt Brady, but it would surprise me if he didn't retire and his ability didn't drop off.