Megalodon
Sand$: 53,685.40
Chase Daniel?

Free agent QB Chase Daniel is visiting the Jets on Monday.
Daniel visited the Saints on Sunday, but the Jets would figure to offer him a chance to compete for the starting job this year. That likely appeals to Daniel. The Jets don't seem to have much of a plan at quarterback. They've been connected to Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, and now Daniel the past two weeks.
Sand$: 10,027.32
Daniel is #3 on my big board of QB's I could care less about
jetsman2806 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I polluted enough threads with my Jets QB talk so now I can talk to myself here.

endzoneview wrote:
My ranking right now of who I want signed is -
1. McCown - solid veteran presence that can start a game or two as the Jets flip flop between Petty and Hackenberg all year
2. Osweiler - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything last season, still young
3. Daniel - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything in the preseason
4. Cutler - bad attitude guy looking for one last paycheck who will check out by week 5
5. Kaepernick - would just be a complete waste as his skill set isn't similar to the other QB's on the roster, would waste time developing two sets of offense

and with that, Josh McCown is schedule to visit the Jets on Saturday.

(by the way, for you indie nerds, the thread title is in homage to the 20th anniversary of the Ben Folds Five 'Whatever and Ever Amen' album")

yea we have had this discussion previously.....im calling it now Cutler on a bargain basement deal with another QB in the draft (maybe 3rd round)

I can't think of a worse scenario

And Mac picked a QB in the 4th and 2nd round already. Maybe 3rd round is the charm.

If for some reason they take a QB this year, it should be at 6. And if they do that, everyone needs 3 year extensions.

This should be an all in or all out scenario for the Jets. Going the "Cutler and a another early round QB route" makes me want to vomit.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,872.59
McCown signs a 1 year deal with the Jets

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,761.20
EZV gets his guy.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,355.26
jetsman2806 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I polluted enough threads with my Jets QB talk so now I can talk to myself here.

endzoneview wrote:
1. McCown - solid veteran presence that can start a game or two as the Jets flip flop between Petty and Hackenberg all year
2. Osweiler - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything last season, still young
3. Daniel - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything in the preseason
4. Cutler - bad attitude guy looking for one last paycheck who will check out by week 5
5. Kaepernick - would just be a complete waste as his skill set isn't similar to the other QB's on the roster, would waste time developing two sets of offense

(by the way, for you indie nerds, the thread title is in homage to the 20th anniversary of the Ben Folds Five 'Whatever and Ever Amen' album")

yea we have had this discussion previously.....im calling it now Cutler on a bargain basement deal with another QB in the draft (maybe 3rd round)

Lol, Well OK, live well Jets fan.

If ya got nothing to say, don't say it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,355.26
jetsman2806 wrote:

endzoneview wrote:

Ugh, horrendous if a Jets fan.

If ya got nothing to say, don't say it.
Sand$: 105,640.44
Griffimo wrote:McCown signs a 1 year deal with the Jets

I think most incorrectly dismiss him. He is not a good option, but he is the best one for this team. If McCown can't get Hack's head on straight no one will.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
625james wrote:EZV gets his guy.

Yes, of all the available quarterbacks, he was the one I wanted to care less about the most.

Sorry Jetsman
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,227.28
endzoneview wrote:
625james wrote:EZV gets his guy.

Yes, of all the available quarterbacks, he was the one I wanted to care less about the most.

Sorry Jetsman

Sorry? I'm ok with it. I was expecting the cutler move as it's a typical woody headline grab. The McCown signing is a good sign. It will almost assure a Qb next season in the draft.

Next draft, not this one
Megalodon
Killer Bs wrote:

Nah I was thinking the typical jets move not what I wanted. What I wanted if I had my way was oswiler , I think he could grow in the right scenario

Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Next draft, not this one

Correct not this season

jetsman2806 wrote:
Killer Bs wrote:

Nah I was thinking the typical jets move not what I wanted. What I wanted if I had my way was oswiler , I think he could grow in the right scenario

Except a team with a lame duck GM and coach with two project QBs already on the roster and a rookie OC is definitely not the right scenario for him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,184.50
very good, and very smart, signing for the jets. everyone including mccown knows he's not mr. right. but in a worst case scenario he's mr. right now. all the while his greatest contributions will be in the locker room, the film room, and the QBs room.

they still have to go find mr. right, though.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian