Bilal Powell in 2017

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 5,597.08
Does the Jets defense look that good, that they're going to be grinding out games all season?
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 586.78
Nope. Playing from behind. Amazing.
Supreme Megalodon
So we're counting on the Jets to ride Powell to the receptions record. They'll use him exclusively because Forte is old, they are rebuilding and want to see what they have in 7 year vet/29 year old Powell, and because it's convenient to your fantasy team.
Supreme Megalodon
Is there another back on the roster who jumps out as a pass catcher?

Yes actually there are tw...

You be quiet! One is a year older than Powell and the other is a rookie. They don't count.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,354.90
wth?

In my NFL Challenge League, a PPR, Powell finished at #16 overall with 201 points last season. RB2 territory. So is it so far fetched that if they up his usage from the beginning of the season this year, he can't be useful?

Saw this on Fantasy Pros:

Bilal Powell to lead Jets' backfield in 2017?
New York Jets beat writer Rich Cimini believes running back Bilal Powell will lead the team's backfield over Matt Forte in 2017.

Fantasy Impact

Forte, who played well in 2016, began to slow down by midseason due to the wear and tear on his 31-year-old body, which is when Powell started to garner more touches. According to Cimini's report via ESPN, "Forte finished [2016] with more offensive touches than Powell -- 248 to 189 -- but Powell was on the field more than Forte -- 51 percent to 47 percent." If this shift carries over to 2017, Powell will be considered the No. 1 back, and now that the Jets are in rebuilding mode, the move makes sense. From a fantasy perspective, view Powell as a high-end RB2 whose upside peaks in PPR scoring formats due to his receiving ability out of the backfield. As for Forte, his stock is falling fast, but he could still present value at the Flex if he is taken in the mid-to-late rounds of a fantasy draft.

Anthony Cervino - ANthony Cervino of FantasyPros via Facebook

So heaven forbid anybody should bring him up on a FF website. Not when so many of the Sharks who populate this place are "the voice of God", who's opinion is never to be questioned.

Fuk it.

NFL Challenge- GBP
LoT- Roman
Supreme Megalodon
Don't be a baby. You can express your ideas, and people can dissent those ideas.

Look at him game to game. How good did your team do if you were starting him week to week? How realistic do you find the blurb that they'll ride him to see what they have in him?

By all means draft him, but I hope it's not as an RB2, or even 3.
Supreme Megalodon
I just noticed that same blurb is recommending you take Forte in the mid rounds.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,571.04
No offense to the Jets fans here, but if I ended up with Bilal and Forte on my team I could only consider it to be a sure sign that I needed to quit FF. :D

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,168.50
RB more and more is a position that ebbs and flows week to week. If forte and blau plau are on my roster after the draft, I have work to do, but there will be worthy RBs available almost weekly from the free agent and waiver wire pool

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,807.52
fishfry wrote:wth?

In my NFL Challenge League, a PPR, Powell finished at #16 overall with 201 points last season. RB2 territory. So is it so far fetched that if they up his usage from the beginning of the season this year, he can't be useful?

Saw this on Fantasy Pros:

Bilal Powell to lead Jets' backfield in 2017?
New York Jets beat writer Rich Cimini believes running back Bilal Powell will lead the team's backfield over Matt Forte in 2017.

Fantasy Impact

Forte, who played well in 2016, began to slow down by midseason due to the wear and tear on his 31-year-old body, which is when Powell started to garner more touches. According to Cimini's report via ESPN, "Forte finished [2016] with more offensive touches than Powell -- 248 to 189 -- but Powell was on the field more than Forte -- 51 percent to 47 percent." If this shift carries over to 2017, Powell will be considered the No. 1 back, and now that the Jets are in rebuilding mode, the move makes sense. From a fantasy perspective, view Powell as a high-end RB2 whose upside peaks in PPR scoring formats due to his receiving ability out of the backfield. As for Forte, his stock is falling fast, but he could still present value at the Flex if he is taken in the mid-to-late rounds of a fantasy draft.

Anthony Cervino - ANthony Cervino of FantasyPros via Facebook

So heaven forbid anybody should bring him up on a FF website. Not when so many of the Sharks who populate this place are "the voice of God", who's opinion is never to be questioned.

Fuk it.

Wow. That went to poop quickly.

It's just those kind of stats that I think points out the same feeling that I had before. In FF I do like Powell in best ball but in standard he's maddening. He'll sit on your bench all year and drive you crazy. If Forte goes down I could see them using Wilds in the runner role and Powell in the same as he was last year.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 74.86
Great value advice here. Thanks.

I can carry him as a 15th rounder for 1/16 of my cap.
Supreme Megalodon
That's well worth it.