FF Playoff Dread

Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,381.27
Who has a bad feeling going into the fantasy football playoffs? I find the draft feels like the most wonderful time of the year, but more often than not, weeks 14-16 have some bite.

I was looking at our league records page, covering the last 20 years or so this group has been playing. My team is well represented on that leaderboard, and has some positive records. I couldn't help notice that my best teams didn't win titles though.

I wonder if that's what everyone else sees. It's some combination of injuries as the season turns to December, losing star player (see James Conner, Kareem Hunt, etc.), poor waiver priority (for leagues that don't have rolling waivers), and bad luck.

If I get to the semis, I at least make back the money I put in. It's a 14 team, 0.5 PPR league, that starts QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB or WR flex, TE, K, DST. Here's who I've got:

QB: Rivers
RB: Aaron Jones, David Johnson, Joe Mixon, James Conner
WR: Hill, Golladay, Fitzgerald
TE: Ertz, Kittle
K: Tucker
DST: Chargers, Saints

I'm playing a team starting Dion Lewis, Allen Robinson, Devin. Funchess, and the Packers D. I'm almost sure to get blown out ...

I think I've had the most success coming into the playoffs as one of the last two to qualify. I just don't see the #1 seed winning all that often.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,955.30
I think it just sticks in your mind more when you have a great team get beat. Kind of like how every poker player thinks they have just the worst luck.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,315.94
It happens.

I'm usually in the top 3 all year long, and have the highest win % since our group has played. Number of records, blah blah blah. Get to play offs, and either lose in the 1st game (and the semis and finals I would have blown out the other teams if I made it) or lose in the Semis after a bye, again, would have blown out the opponent in the finals if I made it.

Frustrating, but it is what it is. This week I'm glad I'm with a bye, or else I'd be more fearful as my lineup isn't the best this week. As Und says, you just are aware of it more when you have good teams that are running to the end zone and end up getting stripped at the 1/2 yard line. :D

Good luck
Sand$: 110,119.36
Skill gets you to the playoffs.
Luck gets you through them.
Megalodon
Sand$: 49,788.13
OarChambo wrote:Skill gets you to the playoffs.
Luck gets you through them.

Agreed. The trick is to get yourself in position to be lucky as often as possible.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,744.48
Well Hunt and Conner are creating some dread for me despite a 12-1 record.

Gilbride said, "I guess it'll be Brandon (Jacobs)."
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,004.46
I feel you , I dominated the last 2 years in the regular season. Num 1 seed and most points... just so happens 4 of 5 teams who caught lightning in a bottle during regular season with 150+ point weeks made the playoffs.. the highest I scored was 141.. only reason I won points was bc of consistency. Over 100 every week but week 7 during bye week blues. So I'm definitely worried. And I lost 2 studs aj and connor

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 416.92
need to pay special attention to momentum and matchups

throw conventional long term fantasy strategy out the window and go week to week
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 478.02
Agree with above....this is when daily fantasy info pays off. Although you can't pick and choose your players you definitely need to pay attention to matchups. I also try and avoid players like T.Hill who can carry you through the season but can lay an egg and get you bounced.
Sand$: 24,557.46
Oh, so your going to bench Hill?

You can’t get hung up on the players that got you here but haven’t been playing well lately/situations have changed. You have to be able to have the balls to make the right start/sit decision. But there are cases like Hill who have dominated and was inches away from long TDs in his ‘bad’ games that you must stick with. The upside is so huge he can single handedly win you a playoff game.

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,986.60
I would be surprised if Tyreek has had more 'bust' games than Michael Thomas or Julio Jones or Beckham or Evans or Keenan.

Megalodon
Sand$: 44,986.60
I certainly have play-off dread. My teams seem to share the same players and themes, injuries limiting choice and available players having bad match-ups or are just long shots.

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 246.74
The #1 seed has lost the last 3 years. I am it this year

Aint no 300 pounders tryin to break no baseball players legs - Edge
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,217.16
lHoly schit!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,217.16
I have a .714 playoff record. 100% in 1st rd games. Avg 11.7 ppg more than my opponent.

But DAYAMN he has some great matchups this week.

Good Luck, Everyone!