Mike McCarthy fired

Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,390.68
Moss has been on McCarthy's staff the entirety of the time McCarthy was in Green Bay. On the org chart Moss was higher than anyone else on staff, including all the coordinators. Moss did more administrative work for McCarthy than anyone else. He was also McCarthy's closest friend on staff.

This is McCarthy getting his thoughts out through Moss. With this along with the James Jones comments and Jeff Saturday it's pretty clear Rodgers and McCarthy had some serious issues, going back to 2011 or so and it eventually rotted to the point where this had to happen. That's a long time for the QB to be rolling his eyes at play calls and indicating that he thinks the calls are "f@#$ing stupid."

Veterans can deal with that. Younger guys don't as well. Once the Packers roster turned over like it has in the last 2 years the issues became more raw and had to be dealt with.

Moss will get a job the same day McCarthy does.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,989.14
kuhnmd1528 wrote:Moss has been on McCarthy's staff the entirety of the time McCarthy was in Green Bay. On the org chart Moss was higher than anyone else on staff, including all the coordinators. Moss did more administrative work for McCarthy than anyone else. He was also McCarthy's closest friend on staff.

This is McCarthy getting his thoughts out through Moss. With this along with the James Jones comments and Jeff Saturday it's pretty clear Rodgers and McCarthy had some serious issues, going back to 2011 or so and it eventually rotted to the point where this had to happen. That's a long time for the QB to be rolling his eyes at play calls and indicating that he thinks the calls are "f@#$ing stupid."

Veterans can deal with that. Younger guys don't as well. Once the Packers roster turned over like it has in the last 2 years the issues became more raw and had to be dealt with.

As soon as Cleveland finishes setting up a sham interview to comply with the Rooney Rule?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,366.70
kuhnmd1528 wrote:Moss has been on McCarthy's staff the entirety of the time McCarthy was in Green Bay. On the org chart Moss was higher than anyone else on staff, including all the coordinators. Moss did more administrative work for McCarthy than anyone else. He was also McCarthy's closest friend on staff.

Interesting, thanks for the info/your take.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,390.68
und2006 wrote:

As soon as Cleveland finishes setting up a sham interview to comply with the Rooney Rule?

I guess it depends on what Dorsey thinks of him. I wouldn't discount it. Overall the Packers have underachieved spanning the years McCarthy coached. If not for the set up I'd guess he's a .500 coach in the NFL with a decent roster. Jeff Fischer is a .600 coach in Green Bay with Rodgers. Including playoffs McCarty was a .618 coach. He's undeniably meh...

I believe firing him now was actually a courtesy. I'm not buying the Dungy thought on this, that they disrespected him. Everyone saw this coming. He'd have been answering these questions for the next month. Now he can get ahead of trying to get his next job. Teams know he's out there.
Megalodon
kuhnmd1528 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

I guess it depends on what Dorsey thinks of him. I wouldn't discount it. Overall the Packers have underachieved spanning the years McCarthy coached. If not for the set up I'd guess he's a .500 coach in the NFL with a decent roster. Jeff Fischer is a .600 coach in Green Bay with Rodgers. Including playoffs McCarty was a .618 coach. He's undeniably meh...

I believe firing him now was actually a courtesy. I'm not buying the Dungy thought on this, that they disrespected him. Everyone saw this coming. He'd have been answering these questions for the next month. Now he can get ahead of trying to get his next job. Teams know he's out there.

.618 isn't exactly "meh".

You can rant on McCarthy all day and I won't disagree, but .618 is a darn good winning percentage in the NFL. That's just under 10 wins a season (9.88). There aren't a lot of current coaches with a better win % than that.
Megalodon
Sand$: 26,256.08
When you have a HoF QB, the winning % isn't a very accurate representation of your success and failures.
Sand$: 24,667.72
Who are we comparing MCarthy/Rodgers with where that winning percentage isn’t considered successful?

People love to hump Sean Payton but he and Brees have only one SB ring over the same time span and a similar (slightly lower) overall win %

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Markulous wrote:When you have a HoF QB, the winning % isn't a very accurate representation of your success and failures.

I don't think I disagreed with that. Just pointed out, if you're looking at wins and losses, there aren't many that look better.

There's only three active coaches that have been to the Super Bowl more than once. Only ONE that has won it more than once.

I'm not suggesting he didn't deserve to be fired... but the argument that his tenure was a failure is a terrible hot take.

Does Sean Payton need to be fired? He has a worse record and the same number of Super Bowl wins and appearances, and he has also had a HoF QB.
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Who are we comparing MCarthy/Rodgers with where that winning percentage isn’t considered successful?

People love to hump Sean Payton but he and Brees have only one SB ring over the same time span and a similar (slightly lower) overall win %

I see you beat me to this.
Sand$: 24,667.72

Kind of cool that they let him come back to say goodbye

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,135.22
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Who are we comparing MCarthy/Rodgers with where that winning percentage isn’t considered successful?

Its Louisiana.. they just got electricity a few years ago.

Seriously though... lets not pretend. The NFC North wasn't nearly as competitive over the years as the South. Its hasn't really been close.

and with that - Aaron isn't in Drew's 'class'.. So we can stop with the comparisons anytime. No need to be ridiculous.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
birddog wrote:
und2006 wrote:

Seriously though... lets not pretend. The NFC North wasn't nearly as competitive over the years as the South. Its hasn't really been close.

and with that - Aaron isn't in Drew's 'class'.. So we can stop with the comparisons anytime. No need to be ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to compare Rodgers and Brees?

Alrighty then...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 13,129.26
Sweet Jesus :roll:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,135.22
und2006 wrote:
birddog wrote:
und2006 wrote:---
quote="endzoneview"
Who are we comparing MCarthy/Rodgers with where that winning percentage isn’t considered successful?

/quote
---

It's ridiculous to compare Rodgers and Brees?

Alrighty then...
Comparison made ^... I get it but the NFC South has been much more competitive over those years. Thats kinda why I typed it out.

3 teams have made Super Bowl appearances from the NFC South since '07. In that time the Vikings have started 92 QBs. Detroits been Detroit.. and aside from the Bears '07 SB.. they've been, well, a bit of a mess until this season. Thats a fair assertion.

Player/Talent comparison: Highly debatable. Aarons still one of the best the leagues seen though.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 13,129.26
The AFC East has been the least competitive division in football for Tom Brady's whole career. His talent is completely separate from that fact.