FF Playoff Dread

Post Reply  
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Oct 4, 2010
Sand$: 3,004.46
Since i been in my main league. I only ever seen the 1 seed go on to win the championship in 9 years once. That is kinda dumb tbh... dominate all yr then go 1 and done.... statistically the 3rd seed has been the winner most of them years. Last year the 5th seed won it thanks to todd Gurley going bonkers during playoffs. His roster was marginally good. Rodgers who got hurt, and 3 rbs howard gurely and Freeman. But that was it. He had some great matchups though
_______________________________________

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Great White Shark
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 4,217.16
Nice, I'm the 3 seed , 2nd highest scorer.

Unfortunately. In my league the #1 seed has won 4 of the last 4 years. The 2 years prior went to the 2 seed and 6th seed. Too lazy to go back further.

I believe it is somewhat due to our scoring, which aims to equalize all positions, and rewards longer tds. A 1 yard vulture only gets 3 points.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 23,794.99
tsbgrayghost wrote:Nice, I'm the 3 seed , 2nd highest scorer.

Unfortunately. In my league the #1 seed has won 4 of the last 4 years. The 2 years prior went to the 2 seed and 6th seed. Too lazy to go back further.

I believe it is somewhat due to our scoring, which aims to equalize all positions, and rewards longer tds. A 1 yard vulture only gets 3 points.


A one yard td gets three points? or....how does the CPU determine a vulture TD?

...or am I being too literal?

I don't like that. so basically, if A guy like Zeke scores from the one after doing most all of the work, he only gets 3 instead of 6?

...do you go back and edit the scores, if the vulture player scored the 1 yarder?

just curious
Great White Shark
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 4,217.16
Its distance scoring. MFL has settings for it.

Rushing tds

0-5 : 3pt
6-10: 4
11-20: 5
21-30: 6
31+: 7

Passing and Receiving

0-10 3pt
11-20 4
21-30 5
31-40 6
41+ 7

Eliminates those Jerome Bettis 3 rush for 2 yds 3tds 21 point games. So bogus.

We also only award 1 pt for 20 rush/rec and 50 passing.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 23,794.99
tsbgrayghost wrote:Its distance scoring. MFL has settings for it.

Rushing tds

0-5 : 3pt
6-10: 4
11-20: 5
21-30: 6
31+: 7

Passing and Receiving

0-10 3pt
11-20 4
21-30 5
31-40 6
41+ 7

Eliminates those Jerome Bettis 3 rush for 2 yds 3tds 21 point games. So bogus.

We also only award 1 pt for 20 rush/rec and 50 passing.


Hmmm. I dont play on MFL except for the SFB for a couple of years.

...that's different. Throws a whole new "strategery" into the game
Great White Shark
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 4,217.16
It does suck for guys like Zeke and Gurley, but those guys also get their share of longer tds.

Our salaries are also based on points scored from the previous season. With all tds at 6 or 7, with 1pt for 10 yards rushing, Guys like Gurly would take 1/3 of our cap and almost assure the top drafter with a mediocre draft a playoff birth every season.

It seems like a race to the bottom would ensue.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 23,794.99
tsbgrayghost wrote:It does suck for guys like Zeke and Gurley, but those guys also get their share of longer tds.

Our salaries are also based on points scored from the previous season. With all tds at 6 or 7, with 1pt for 10 yards rushing, Guys like Gurly would take 1/3 of our cap and almost assure the top drafter with a mediocre draft a playoff birth every season.

It seems like a race to the bottom would ensue.


hmmm..yeah... "learn somethin' new everyday"

Never heard of it. interesting though, for sure.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Sep 9, 2009
Sand$: 478.02
endzoneview wrote:Oh, so your going to bench Hill?

You can’t get hung up on the players that got you here but haven’t been playing well lately/situations have changed. You have to be able to have the balls to make the right start/sit decision. But there are cases like Hill who have dominated and was inches away from long TDs in his ‘bad’ games that you must stick with. The upside is so huge he can single handedly win you a playoff game.


No I would not bench Hill. I am just saying he is a guy who could lay an egg. He is better this year with mahomes but they spread things out. I have run up against teams with that combo more than a few times this year and won more than I lost. Call it lucky just saying I rather have a more consistent option come playoff time. Guy can definitely win you a week by himself and I am not say you ever bench him. Just be ready to get bounced if your depending on him.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2223
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004
Sand$: 5,196.06
I thought this was where guys who faced the crappy team in the playoffs that was forced to start Derrick Henry came .to complain.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24723
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 15,552.92
db45655 wrote:I thought this was where guys who faced the crappy team in the playoffs that was forced to start Derrick Henry came .to complain.



They'll be a separate thread for that.

Someone already trademarked "I survived Derrick Henry's 48 point outburst week 14"
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Oct 4, 2010
Sand$: 3,004.46
The guy who made playoffs as the 6th seed had both henry and Lewis... he benched henry and started ekler... he lost last week bc he didn't start Henry by the 10 henry got lol. He would have been facing me this week had he won. Definitely need luck in the playoffs.... 48 points from just him would have been a gut punch for sure
_______________________________________

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6446
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 11,976.66
allen3388 wrote:Since i been in my main league. I only ever seen the 1 seed go on to win the championship in 9 years once. That is kinda dumb tbh... dominate all yr then go 1 and done....


I agree. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I have 2 leagues that don't have playoffs and I like them better for the most part. No stupid bouncing in week 13/14. Also makes it feel like skill still counts a bit more than luck. You could have a bad week 14 and still have time to recover. But we do play all the way to week 16 and sometimes week 17 (there are rules in place that determine when / if week 17 will be played) and I know that's also unpopular. :splat:
_______________________________________

HammerHead Shark
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Oct 4, 2010
Sand$: 3,004.46
bunnywafer wrote:
allen3388 wrote:Since i been in my main league. I only ever seen the 1 seed go on to win the championship in 9 years once. That is kinda dumb tbh... dominate all yr then go 1 and done....


I agree. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I have 2 leagues that don't have playoffs and I like them better for the most part. No stupid bouncing in week 13/14. Also makes it feel like skill still counts a bit more than luck. You could have a bad week 14 and still have time to recover. But we do play all the way to week 16 and sometimes week 17 (there are rules in place that determine when / if week 17 will be played) and I know that's also unpopular. :splat:


Thats kinda interesting. Not sure I could get the rest of the league to get on board to do something like that. I wouldn't mind doing a trial season with that in place. Would definitely decrease the "lucky matchup" weeks...
_______________________________________

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Leopard Shark
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003
Sand$: 246.74
I played in a league once where instead of playing another team you played for points and starting week 7 the team with the lowest score was out and all the players they had were put on waivers.
_______________________________________

Aint no 300 pounders tryin to break no baseball players legs - Edge
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10687
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 49,788.13
In 2010, I went 13-1 in the regular season and posted the second-highest season point total in my league's history to that point. I then lost by 0.8 in week 15 and was done.

In 2011, I went 12-2 and set a new record for most points in a season. I then lost by 30 or 40 in week 15 and was done,

In 2012, I went 8-6, crept into the wild card spot in the last week of the regular season and finished fourth in the league in scoring. I then blew out my opponents in weeks 15 and 16 and cruised to the championship.

Just try to get into position to get lucky.