2019 NFL Draft Talk

Post Reply  
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
Some pending u/classmen

Bryan Edwards
David Montgomery
Hakeem Butler
Tyler Johnson
Benny Snell
Collin Johnson
Trayveon Williams
Justin Herbert
Dwayne Haskins
Greg Dortch
Elijah Holyfield
Travis Homer
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Denzel Mims
Mike Weber
DKMetcalf
Riley "My Brother really *is* Calvin" Ridley

WR class looking the early leader in the club house for FF, but DL also looking sexy AF for IDPers.

Available WRs so far:

N'Keal Harry
Aj Brown & Damarkus Lodge
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
Kelvin Harmon
Anthony Johnson
Emanuel Hall
Deebo Samuel
Jaylen Smith
David Sills
Hunter Renfrow (TE convert)
Deebo Samuel

Not looking fwds to the discussion around Marquise Brown. I can see the 2 narratives - from either side - already :F



^^ True. Savage has been a good follow, but Jim Nagy absolutely upping their game
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
Image
Kyler Murray going to Oakland

... The A's though.

Hopefully Haskins declares, wont know till after his bowl game he's said.

Both significantly alter the draft class at QB
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70





Taylor got the Doak, Jeudy the Biletnikoff, Tua the Maxwell - none draft eligible tho (unlike those chaps above).

Kyler got the Davey O'Brien ... But: Oakland A's :(
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 22,620.29
Iowa Hawkeyes are turning into TE U. Hockinson isn't isn't even the best TE on the roster and he got the National TE award ( whatever it's called)
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
phixxation wrote:Iowa Hawkeyes are turning into TE U. Hockinson isn't isn't even the best TE on the roster and he got the National TE award ( whatever it's called)


The Mackey?

And bloody hell, really?

(EDIT: Really)



Kittle then Fant, but its Hockenson that gets it :-k :shock:
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70


Not 100% sure this is a transferable skill, but fun nonetheless

NB: Beware the lazy Wentz commentary that will be Stick's shtick for the next 4 months solid :F
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32157
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 33,864.76
jamcutpost wrote:Some pending u/classmen

Bryan Edwards
David Montgomery
Hakeem Butler
Tyler Johnson
Benny Snell
Collin Johnson
Trayveon Williams
Justin Herbert
Dwayne Haskins
Greg Dortch
Elijah Holyfield
Travis Homer
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Denzel Mims
Mike Weber
DKMetcalf
Riley "My Brother really *is* Calvin" Ridley

WR class looking the early leader in the club house for FF, but DL also looking sexy AF for IDPers.

Available WRs so far:

N'Keal Harry
Aj Brown & Damarkus Lodge
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
Kelvin Harmon
Anthony Johnson
Emanuel Hall
Deebo Samuel
Jaylen Smith
David Sills
Hunter Renfrow (TE convert)
Deebo Samuel

Not looking fwds to the discussion around Marquise Brown. I can see the 2 narratives - from either side - already :F



^^ True. Savage has been a good follow, but Jim Nagy absolutely upping their game


The only WR on that entire list with anything more than WR2 or slot guy potential is AJ Brown, and I think he’s way more Sammy Watkins than Julio Jones. Every single other guy on that list is completely dependent on situation.

I’m telling ya, there’s a reason I traded away my first 3 rounds of picks in TPL. Wake me when 2020 comes.
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
Megalodon
Posts: 16826
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 17,615.08
Longtime NFL draft guru and league personnel executive Gil Brandt tweeted Monday that he'd "make a rather heavy wager" Oregon QB Justin Herbert will enter the 2019 NFL draft.

"I'd also wager he'll be a top-5 pick," added Brandt. Most league observers have suspected Herbert will stay in school because his little brother arrives at Oregon next year as a freshman on the team. This is one of the weakest quarterback classes in recent memory, however, and Herbert would be the shoo-in favorite to go No. 1 overall. In draft-order projections were the season to end today, the Raiders (No. 3), Jaguars (No. 7), Bucs (No. 8 ), and Giants (No. 10) are the quarterback-neediest teams slated for top-ten picks. The Bengals (No. 11) and Redskins (No. 13) could also get involved in trade discussions to move into top-quarterback draft territory.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32157
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 33,864.76
Markulous wrote:
Longtime NFL draft guru and league personnel executive Gil Brandt tweeted Monday that he'd "make a rather heavy wager" Oregon QB Justin Herbert will enter the 2019 NFL draft.

"I'd also wager he'll be a top-5 pick," added Brandt. Most league observers have suspected Herbert will stay in school because his little brother arrives at Oregon next year as a freshman on the team. This is one of the weakest quarterback classes in recent memory, however, and Herbert would be the shoo-in favorite to go No. 1 overall. In draft-order projections were the season to end today, the Raiders (No. 3), Jaguars (No. 7), Bucs (No. 8 ), and Giants (No. 10) are the quarterback-neediest teams slated for top-ten picks. The Bengals (No. 11) and Redskins (No. 13) could also get involved in trade discussions to move into top-quarterback draft territory.



Not gonna happen.
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
Megalodon
Posts: 16826
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 17,615.08
SJSwarm wrote:
Markulous wrote:
Longtime NFL draft guru and league personnel executive Gil Brandt tweeted Monday that he'd "make a rather heavy wager" Oregon QB Justin Herbert will enter the 2019 NFL draft.

"I'd also wager he'll be a top-5 pick," added Brandt. Most league observers have suspected Herbert will stay in school because his little brother arrives at Oregon next year as a freshman on the team. This is one of the weakest quarterback classes in recent memory, however, and Herbert would be the shoo-in favorite to go No. 1 overall. In draft-order projections were the season to end today, the Raiders (No. 3), Jaguars (No. 7), Bucs (No. 8 ), and Giants (No. 10) are the quarterback-neediest teams slated for top-ten picks. The Bengals (No. 11) and Redskins (No. 13) could also get involved in trade discussions to move into top-quarterback draft territory.



Not gonna happen.

Yeah, kinda feels like he's going to stay another year there, so not sure what Brandt is basing this off of.
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
SJSwarm wrote:I’m telling ya, there’s a reason I traded away my first 3 rounds of picks in TPL. Wake me when 2020 comes.

Oh so bookmarking this.

Like this draft.

If youre in a league with me and want to move out the first 3 rnds? LMK. Ta.
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 21881
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,642.70
Markulous wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Not gonna happen.

Yeah, kinda feels like he's going to stay another year there, so not sure what Brandt is basing this off of.


If Haskins doesnt declare - with Murray going to Baseball?

He "might" go early.

Given QB weighting, if you can go early day 1, i think hes just joining those dots - not saying i agree with it, but hes probably (i hope for his sake anyway) thinking Haskins is a bigger domino that will affect things for him.

Ducks 8-4 this year, maybe he thinks he might get a champ shot? Esp with Wash St & Washington losing a few of its starters to the draft?

The lil bro thing way more compelling than "draft class" vs "champs" or anything else - and id be inclined to agree with you gents than Brandt on this one.
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Posts: 2906
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 10,759.34
So I haven't watched Murray play too much, and I know he has some serious jets... but is he a great thrower, too?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32157
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 33,864.76
jamcutpost wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:I’m telling ya, there’s a reason I traded away my first 3 rounds of picks in TPL. Wake me when 2020 comes.

Oh so bookmarking this.

Like this draft.

If youre in a league with me and want to move out the first 3 rnds? LMK. Ta.


The Premier League isn’t like other leagues. Hell even the best IDP’s are already owned in that league. Bookmark that! Lol
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!