FF Playoff Dread

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 262.56
Apes wrote:In 2010, I went 13-1 in the regular season and posted the second-highest season point total in my league's history to that point. I then lost by 0.8 in week 15 and was done.

In 2011, I went 12-2 and set a new record for most points in a season. I then lost by 30 or 40 in week 15 and was done,

In 2012, I went 8-6, crept into the wild card spot in the last week of the regular season and finished fourth in the league in scoring. I then blew out my opponents in weeks 15 and 16 and cruised to the championship.

Just try to get into position to get lucky.

In 2014 I snuck into the playoffs. Thanks for the championship Beckham!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,695.72
Just play in a rotisserie league if you don't like the playoffs.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 284.24
My league has 2-week playoff match ups... so #1 seed plays #4 seed for the best score over weeks 13 AND 14... and then the final match up is the sum total of weeks 15 and 16.... seems a little more fair and less prone to one-week outliers...

Same league also has you play two matchups each week (during regular season weeks 1-12)... head-to-head, AND you versus the league average that week... I like this a lot.... you can go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 each week.... seems to reward skill more than random weekly matchups...
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,408.29
Elmagister wrote:Just play in a rotisserie league if you don't like the playoffs.

I'm not complaining. Just noting that things get weird around week 15.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,695.72
I didn't think you were complaining. :)

That was directed at the angst over losing with a really good team.
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,408.29
Elmagister wrote:I didn't think you were complaining. :)

That was directed at the angst over losing with a really good team.

Fair enough. Also, I didn't mean to be complaining about you complaining about the complaining. I've been hanging out with my wife too much lately I guess.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,211.20
I knew my opponent had good matchups, but I didn't think he would be sacrificing goats to hex my team.

Mahomes, Kamara, Lyndsay, A Brown, McD, Chiefs D...I mean what in the holy sweet baby jesus is up with that?
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,142.22
I got Kittled.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,486.56
und2006 wrote:I got Kittled.

He has knocked me out of one of my play-offs also. Him and Julio tag teamed me.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,211.20
Dude had to start Zay and Hooper. Gonna beat me with Adams, A Jones, Rodgers, and Zeke. So disappointed.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,311.44
frig Cooper. Guy spent all season friging me over in my other league, and then deep sixed me in the league where I made the playoffs. Assuming Theilan and Carson don't combine for 40 friging points tomorrow night. My team scored (barely) 1 (Chubb) TD this week, guy I played had those two garbage Brate TDs, that trash Ingram pulled, Hopkins late grab, and the three from Cooper. Take away those Brate TDs, Ingram, Hopkins, factor in the awful game by Rivers. I would have won. But of course David Johnson, Evans, or Samuels couldn't get in for anything. Not to mention that Big Ben situation. Feel like him coming in to show how easy it would have been to put up points just made it even worse to see him doing nothing for me all second half.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,004.46
Projected to dominate... i got dominated. He got that garbage from drake against new England. Barkley went off as expected. Ty went off, kittles went off and giants d went off.... and the late garbage td by Watson helped.... and still has cook to go tomorrow fml, hes at like 143

On my side... Kamara 10, lindsay 10, ware 12, Graham nothing, kc d 4, adams did good, juju good.. im sitting at 80 points with russ, lockett, and Wagoner to go. Im in trouble.... need a miracle 61 points and change, and thats without dalvin cook doing nothing

Sucks hard. Most dominant team all yr long, most points, bout to go one and done again second str8 year

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,403.49
I survived, but by not much. I lost Conner last week, and when Tyreek Hill went out, and went out again, I figured I was done. I'm the first seed, by the way.

It's funny, Amari Cooper, and practically everyone who went off yesterday, were on teams that didn't make the playoffs. The consolation bracket games were high scoring; at least half the teams in the quarterfinals scored less than 100 points. This is the aggravating thing about FF -- the last quarter of the season is fundamentally different from the start of it: guys get hurt, teams have tape and can better shut offenses down; teams out of contention give chances to guys you've never heard of, seeing what they've got for next year.

Why I won boils down to one word -- Kittle. All season long I tried to trade him (have Ertz as well), packaging him with a variety of other players, trying to get an upgrade at WR. Every offer got rejected, and on a hunch I started him yesterday.

I'll probably get blown out next week -- it's the way of thing. I had Kittle, and Tyreek Hill came back, and I still only won by less than 3 points.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,333.36
tsbgrayghost wrote:Its distance scoring. MFL has settings for it.

Rushing tds

0-5 : 3pt
6-10: 4
11-20: 5
21-30: 6
31+: 7

Passing and Receiving

0-10 3pt
11-20 4
21-30 5
31-40 6
41+ 7

Eliminates those Jerome Bettis 3 rush for 2 yds 3tds 21 point games. So bogus.

We also only award 1 pt for 20 rush/rec and 50 passing.
so do your QBs get dinged for a 1yd TD pass?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,004.46
Oh btw lost connor and aj green. But lockett held fort in November. And he obviously got hurt again lol. Even with both healthy and up. Seriously doubt i would have been able to keep pace. He got lightning in a bottle. Every player but 1 went off. I was effectively beat before the 4pm games and got even worse after kittle... 2seed also got beat yesterday against a much inferior team. All his guys crapped the bed. So did his opponents guys but not as much.. fantasy is definitely a TO, "it loves to hate you" great season tho. Definitely fun, but still stings unfortunately

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion