Kyler Murray - Arizona Cardinal

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,544.62
Tannehill's gone.
Sand$: 115,078.52
Markulous wrote:
OarChambo wrote:It's part because for the first time in decades I wasn't watching college ball with an eye towards potential Browns QB's, but I also never thought he'd waver from baseball. So take this with a grain of salt. But one thing I'll be looking for over the next few months are reports of slow eyes and indecisiveness. It didn't jump off the screen at me, but it'd explain a lot of what I casually saw but didn't think much of at the time. If you're watching him look at what he does when the first read isn't there. One positive that is incredibly difficult to coach though - his eyes (usually) stay down field when he leaves the pocket. That's especially important given his size, whatever it really is.

Once more film sessions pop up on him and not highlight videos, I'll be trying to take a look and see that. Offhand, he didn't seem like he was a one-read/take off and run type of QB.

I think he's a step above that. It's just how big of a step. Wharton's threads are great reference points.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,732.76
Wharton thread here, for those that are interested.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,105.72
Only if they choke down nearly $14m in dead cap hit.

Guessing they do that to avoid paying him $19m or so and a $26m cap hit.
Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Only if they choke down nearly $14m in dead cap hit.

He's gone. I still like him. I hesitate to say he's good, but he's definitely serviceable. Jags or Giants could use him. Denver.
Sand$: 41,938.87
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Wharton thread here, for those that are interested.

Megalodon
Sand$: 22,948.72
endzoneview wrote:He’s kind of forcing teams that want him to snag him in the 1st. If he now goes in the 2nd or later, teams should rightfully worry he’ll leave for baseball. This is kind of brilliant if you ask me.

Hes going 1st round...no doubt.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,038.44
Elmagister wrote:
jesteva wrote:Only if they choke down nearly $14m in dead cap hit.

He's gone. I still like him. I hesitate to say he's good, but he's definitely serviceable. Jags or Giants could use him. Denver.

I probably would put him on par with Flacco. If the Jags signed Tanny, its upgrading Bortles, but we still need to grab a QB in the draft
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
endzoneview wrote:He’s kind of forcing teams that want him to snag him in the 1st. If he now goes in the 2nd or later, teams should rightfully worry he’ll leave for baseball. This is kind of brilliant if you ask me.

Exactly what this league needs is more midget QBs running around like a game of gradeschool playground tag. How cute. Great entertainment :lol:

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,948.72
birddog wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

Exactly what this league needs is more midget QBs running around like a game of gradeschool playground tag. How cute. Great entertainment :lol:

Personally i think hes the best college qb overall...even with his height. His running ability is icing. Hes close to russell wilson imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
So like Oar had mentioned, this gives you an idea what happens when he's under pressure or his first read isn't there. He panics a bit under pressure, but so does every QB I suppose. I wouldn't say he's a one read, then run though. And the big throws that Voch mentions here he does this all the time from what I've seen. Making tough throws and having the talent to do so is a pretty big deal IMO.

Megalodon
Sand$: 19,740.58
birddog wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

You really need to get over Wilson not giving the ball to Montee to break Sanders' TD record :wink: :P

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,740.58
Markulous wrote:So like Oar had mentioned, this gives you an idea what happens when he's under pressure or his first read isn't there. He panics a bit under pressure, but so does every QB I suppose. I wouldn't say he's a one read, then run though. And the big throws that Voch mentions here he does this all the time from what I've seen. Making tough throws and having the talent to do so is a pretty big deal IMO.

I like him, but ...

1) Im not 100% sold this isnt just a leverage move to get Baseball to give him more $$$'s - when i know its not? Ill waste time on it.
    2) Im not overly worried about his height
    3) ... But his "size" & potential durability because of it will give ppl pause: His OL was good. His run game was good. He has otherworldy WRs. Hes athletic.
    Barring his athleticism, these are things that wont be all in place if he gets drafted highly. Maybe 1 of 3? That means more hits will happen & they happen faster and are harder here.
    He'll hold his own, he wont get KO'd first hit or anything like that - but longevity isnt something FOs want to think of as a luxury or a bonus when they draft a franchise QB.

But yeah. Ill wait till i see otherwise, just (EDIT: Just read back a cpl pages. Im w/Jesteva) before i worry about it. Think its just a leverage win:win move for him.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
Markulous wrote:So like Oar had mentioned, this gives you an idea what happens when he's under pressure or his first read isn't there. He panics a bit under pressure, but so does every QB I suppose. I wouldn't say he's a one read, then run though. And the big throws that Voch mentions here he does this all the time from what I've seen. Making tough throws and having the talent to do so is a pretty big deal IMO.

I like him, but ...

1) Im not 100% sold this isnt just a leverage move to get Baseball to give him more $$$'s - when i know its not? Ill waste time on it.
    2) Im not overly worried about his height
    3) ... But his "size" & potential durability because of it will give ppl pause: His OL was good. His run game was good. He has otherworldy WRs. Hes athletic.
    Barring his athleticism, these are things that wont be all in place if he gets drafted highly. Maybe 1 of 3? That means more hits will happen & they happen faster and are harder here.
    He'll hold his own, he wont get KO'd first hit or anything like that - but longevity isnt something FOs want to think of as a luxury or a bonus when they draft a franchise QB.

But yeah. Ill wait till i see otherwise, just (EDIT: Just read back a cpl pages. Im w/Jesteva) before i worry about it. Think its just a leverage win:win move for him.

I overall agree. I don't feel like it's worth speculating on his height until the combine gets official results either. I see some people saying he's 5'10, which is just 2 inches short than Brees, and I don't see that making a huge difference for height.

I'd be slightly concerned about durability also, but he is quick enough and slides perfectly to avoid a lot of hits. Call me crazy though, but give me a QB that can potentially play at a high level for 5 years over a prospect that has a more durable frame that is way more likely to bust. I get thinking long term, but it's not like finding a QB is easy, so take what you can get.
Supreme Megalodon
He feels like a Dolphin trap.