Your Team's Offseason Plan and Needs

Sand$: 49,208.21
Jets -

OFFENSE
#1 find some top tier playmakers on offense - need for speed

WR -With Enunwa signing an extension and Robbie Anderson likely to get a 1st round tender, the Jets will still need to find that elusive #1WR. With free agency light at the position and a trade unlikely since they are down draft picks already, this is easier said than done. There's a lot of chatter about trading for AJ Green or Antonio Brown among the Jets beat writer but the Jets will likely have to get lucky in the draft to potentially find one.

At RB, the Jets are fully expected to go after LeVeon Bell if he's cut loose but I don't think the feeling is mutual. Tevin Coleman will likely get overpaid by someone this off-season. Maybe by the Jets. The worst thing the Jets could do is tricking themselves into thinking Elijah McGuire is a viable starting option.

at TE the Jets should be good with Chris Herndon entering year #2 plus they have depth there.

OL - like most other teams, the Jets have a couple nice pieces and a desperate need for some upgrades. This fix will likely come via free agency where I expect they will concentrate most of their efforts

DEFENSE -
#1 trade Leonard Williams
more name and game and does he fit the new defensive scheme? Some think maybe Gregg Williams could get the best out of him but I'm tired of waiting and his payday is upcoming. I expect them to move him if someone gives them something decent.

DL - the biggest need remains edge rushing, and the Jets are dreaming that Lawrence or Clowney somehow become available. They'll need to address this in free agency AND the draft.

LB - Darron Lee and Avery Williamson were solid last year and it's going to be interesting to see how they adjust to the new scheme. My initial though is Lee as WLB and Williamson at strong but the Jets would need a young alpha to control the middle. Williamson will likely be a stop gap there until they find someone else.

DB - All World Jamal Adams can't do it himself. Trumaine Johnson was a disappointment but finished strong and figures to get better in year two under his old coach. There's going to be turnover at the other spots but an improved pass rush should be the focus. That will in turn help out the secondary.

In the end, the Jets finally have their quarterback but have plenty of other holes to fill.

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,955.58
Jaguars

OFFENSE:

QB: This will be the biggest story this offseason. Bortles seems like he'll be released. My ideal scenario is acquiring Haskins/Murray and roll out someone like Kessler/Flacco/McCown until the rookie is ready to play. If they forego the stopgap and just throw the rookie in there, I can live with that. If they go after Foles and treat him like a franchise QB and draft a DT or something in the first round, this should be the nail in the coffin for this FO.

RB: Rumors have been swirling about us trading Fournette. If they want to move on from him for a 3rd or 4th round pick, then fine, whatever. He's injury prone. If not, he'll be the bellcow week 1. I think if they found someone that would trade him for a 3rd and we use that pick to draft a RB, that would be beneficial.

WR: Moncrief will be gone. Our starts are going to be Lee, Westbrook, Chark, and Cole. Since they were so big on Chark, I think that's probably the unit we'll see out there Week 1 with them banking on him carving out a bigger role. Ideally, we'd want a big bodied WR1 that can work alongside Westbrook, but not sure that will happen this year. I personally was not a fan of the Chark pick and I am pessimistic he will develop.

TE: We have no one. We probably have bigger needs here, so they'll probably just roll with in-house options and maybe take one late.

O-line: Robinson, Norwell, and Linder were all hurt last year and should be back 100%. Parnell and Cann are both FAs, so our right side will need to be addressed. I personally would say address RT in FA with someone like James, then take a guard day 2. I think they'll address this to some regards

DEFENSE:

D-line: Malik Jackson is gone. Dareus probably gets a new contract to keep him, I hope they don't put themselves into a hole over this. Ngakoue is a stud and so is Calais. If Taven Bryan steps up, this should be a really good unit again. I see no reason to invest more resources into this unit, other than late round picks for depth.

LB: Jack and Telvin will be back. Since we mostly run everything from the Nickel, I don't expect much to happen. Jacobs wasn't a bad SLB when we were in a 4-3. No reason to invest much into this group, our starters are good.

Secondary: Ramsey should get a new contract. Last year was a "down year", but he's earned a fat contract. Bouye is really good, but I personally don't think we should have this much money invested in DB and I'd release him or trade him, but doubt that happens. Ronnie Harrison showed well at SS and will be our starter. Gipson will be released and we'll start Jarrad Wilson who is way cheaper. It'll be interesting to see how he does in a full time role.

Overall: They really need to get rid of all the money they're investing on defense and focus on the offense. Getting Haskins/Murray is also necessary IMO. I don't trust this FO though, so not sure what's going to happen
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,799.52
Looks like the Browns need (IMO) a LT, WR1 and an upgrade at CB. Some DL depth would help, most notably in the interior. Tons of cash available for a FA splash (or two), so it will be near impossible to predict how they will draft until free agency is completed.

I trust John Dorsey more than any of our previous GM's, as he has made some great moves so far.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,054.56
Markulous wrote:Jaguars

I personally was not a fan of the Chark pick and I am pessimistic he will develop.

I agree with everything but this. I wasn't a fan of the pick either, but I saw steady improvement. His physicality after the catch was surprising to me for a skinny guy. Less body catches as the season went on, improvement was there. His play on ST was insanely good (best kick coverage guy on team by a wide margin).

With a good QB (hopefully) and some growth in next two years, I think Chark can be a true weapon.
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,955.58
hankrip wrote:
Markulous wrote:Jaguars

I personally was not a fan of the Chark pick and I am pessimistic he will develop.

I agree with everything but this. I wasn't a fan of the pick either, but I saw steady improvement. His physicality after the catch was surprising to me for a skinny guy. Less body catches as the season went on, improvement was there. His play on ST was insanely good (best kick coverage guy on team by a wide margin).

With a good QB (hopefully) and some growth in next two years, I think Chark can be a true weapon.

I hope you're right. There's no questioning his size, speed, athleticism, and as you said, physicality. He was sooooo raw coming out, that he's a decent project. ST was great, I just hope he can continue to improve on offense.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 864.78
Fix the defense, cut Graham, Cobb, and Mathews, and figure out what is wrong with Rodgers. Should be no problem...
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,455.80
DELTA6TWO wrote:Fix the defense, cut Graham, Cobb, and Mathews, and figure out what is wrong with Rodgers. Should be no problem...

To expand on this:
Defensive line isn't bad. Clark and Daniels are a force inside if healthy. I'd be up for a cheap Wilkerson 2nd try, I liked what I saw in the short stint he was healthy.

LB, if Clay would take a discount, and agree to a move inside full time, he's been effective in that role. He just isn't the dominant pass rusher he has been in the past, those days are over. If not, bye. Need some pass rush out of this group. Pettine did a good job generating a pass rush without a dominant pass rusher, something like 15 different players recorded a sack last year.

CB, I think we are good there if healthy. There should be enough depth, young guys have shown they can play... if they are all healthy that group should be good.

Safety, we need some help. Like lots of help... any good FA availability here? I haven't looked yet... either way this needs to be addressed.

Cobb should have been cut two years ago, he's overpaid.

Rodgers, I'm hoping it's a combo of young guys being thrust into roles they weren't ready for and the knee. That's not to say 2nd year WRs will be any more ready for the spotlight, but they should be more on the same page as Rodgers. There was a lot of WR doing one thing, Rodgers throwing another. Who that's on, I don't know.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,686.02
Well, aside from needing the coaching rooms occupied -

Dolphins: Fire Sale

Tanny, Kiko, Quinn, Branch, Sitton, James, Parker, Larsen, Gore, Amendola and others, maybe Reshad and McDonald also. Maybe Stills.

Talk of Miami going with Ruddock at QB so I assume this position is likely to be ignored this year, perhaps with the vague plan of Herbert in 2020.

Draft and FA needs: G, RT, DE, OLB, DE, S, CB, QB, WR

Thats all dependent on contract renewals and trades but Dolphins could very well Gruden it next season. Not depth at across the board anyway so just think of a position, whatever it is, Dolphins will need it.

We have Minkah, X, Tunsil, Drake, and a decent rotation at DT. Thats about it. Maybe ok enough to stick with TEs.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,083.04
Patriots:

With Gronk likely retiring, the Patriots will need another TE either via the draft or free agency. That should be a top priority for them since the TE position is heavily involved in the offensive game plan, or at least has been in recent memory with Gronk.

They're thin at the WR position. Edelman will be a year older. Hogan/Dorsett/Patterson are just meh, complimentary players. Hopefully, Josh Gordon can come back and be useful but no one should hold their breath on that one.

They gotta pay Trent Brown (LT). They didn't wanna pay Nate Solder last year and let him walk, but it's a pretty important position and Brown seemed to prove himself this year so hopefully they can sign him to a team-friendly deal.

Same can be said for Trey Flowers (DL). He's a free agent and while I'd love for the Pats to sign him long term, he's gonna get a boatload of money in free agency and is likely going to be on another team next year. He deserves it though. Hell of a player. The Pats rarely break the bank for a player like that though. It's similar to Chandler Jones. He was here his first four? years in the league then was traded to Arizona before free agency. Flowers spent his first four years here and now is gonna get paid big time to go elsewhere. Don't see the Pats signing him but I wouldn't be upset if they did.

Pats should be fine at RB with Sony, White, Burkhead, and Jeremy Hill returning. The rest of the O-Line is in good shape, hopefully last year's 1st round pick Isiah Wynn can develop into a starter.

Devin McCourty will be a year older, they need a young safety to develop.

Could always use another cornerback.

D'Onta Hightower is on his last leg. He took a big step back this year, so help at the LB position is a need as well. But getting Ja'Whuan Bentley back will be helpful, he was a rookie this past year and looked damn good in the preseason before getting injured.

Deep Crimson Dynasty
Sand$: 110,840.94
bluemist wrote:Looks like the Browns need (IMO) a LT, WR1 and an upgrade at CB. Some DL depth would help, most notably in the interior. Tons of cash available for a FA splash (or two), so it will be near impossible to predict how they will draft until free agency is completed.

I trust John Dorsey more than any of our previous GM's, as he has made some great moves so far.

I agree that we need a tackle. I don't agree that it necessarily has to be a left one.
I agree that we need another WR. I don't agree that it necessarily has to be a #1.
I agree that we need another CB. I'm not sure what you mean by upgrade though. If there's one available that's an asset in the slot then get him. If not then I wouldn't necessarily force a player that's marginally better than Mitchell.
If there's a splash to be made I hope it's in the front 7. I'm not expecting one, but I think this area is the highest March priority. Given the makeup of the rooster there's some flexibility wrt what position(s) specifically, so follow where the market takes us. And whether we pick at 17 or somewhere else round 1 I expect a front 7 player to be picked.
I hope we get in on this TE draft class, so would rather we ignore the position in March.
Flip side, I hope we explore the vet backup QB market in March and ignore it in the draft. Feels so great writing that too.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,466.20
Kidnap Brady. Steal his essence. Administer.

Steal Pats conditioning coaches with big offers.

Go from there.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,359.66
this franchise is moving laterailly, not up right now.

they have about 3 good defensive player, with one maybe having a chance at being a top tier player. They passed up on a chance at a franchise qb in last years draft, and they might be talking about extending ben. let bell go, everybody knows we cant keep him and the rush game is fine with out him. find a way to either deal with the cap hit that comes with trading AB or try to repair the relationship, Ben needs to help with that. go into the draft and draft defense, if another receiver is drafted at all Colbert needs the shoot slapped out of him. Only thing we should be drafting is defense and oline, unless someone falls that is absolutely worth it.

they need to stop f-ing around with bell and get focused here.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,689.80
Chiefs. Fire Sutton. Check.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,644.88
TheBlitz1588 wrote:Patriots:

With Gronk likely retiring, the Patriots will need another TE either via the draft or free agency. That should be a top priority for them since the TE position is heavily involved in the offensive game plan, or at least has been in recent memory with Gronk.

They're thin at the WR position. Edelman will be a year older. Hogan/Dorsett/Patterson are just meh, complimentary players. Hopefully, Josh Gordon can come back and be useful but no one should hold their breath on that one.

They gotta pay Trent Brown (LT). They didn't wanna pay Nate Solder last year and let him walk, but it's a pretty important position and Brown seemed to prove himself this year so hopefully they can sign him to a team-friendly deal.

Same can be said for Trey Flowers (DL). He's a free agent and while I'd love for the Pats to sign him long term, he's gonna get a boatload of money in free agency and is likely going to be on another team next year. He deserves it though. Hell of a player. The Pats rarely break the bank for a player like that though. It's similar to Chandler Jones. He was here his first four? years in the league then was traded to Arizona before free agency. Flowers spent his first four years here and now is gonna get paid big time to go elsewhere. Don't see the Pats signing him but I wouldn't be upset if they did.

Pats should be fine at RB with Sony, White, Burkhead, and Jeremy Hill returning. The rest of the O-Line is in good shape, hopefully last year's 1st round pick Isiah Wynn can develop into a starter.

Devin McCourty will be a year older, they need a young safety to develop.

Could always use another cornerback.

D'Onta Hightower is on his last leg. He took a big step back this year, so help at the LB position is a need as well. But getting Ja'Whuan Bentley back will be helpful, he was a rookie this past year and looked damn good in the preseason before getting injured.

Yep, yep, yep. I'm curious what they'll do with their picks this year. I'm not as convinced that they'll trade down, and down, and leave you wondering why you kept track of them on day 1.
Trey Flowers. I think they might sign him. Jones was more a one trick pony, and declared himself that way, rush the passer. After he got caught dancing nakkie through the streets they weren't going to bring him back. Flowers, to my knowledge, hasn't been caught dancing yet, and appears to be a more complete player. Having said that, they'll now send him to Arizona.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.