Sand$: 40,680.95
TheJayCutlers wrote:I see it as low risk talent acquisition. Its great for real football and it's going to make fantasy football harder to predict. Good for the Browns, bad for fantasy.

this
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,822.74
endzoneview wrote:so the Browns are going to take the PR hit, deal with his distraction, go through his suspension, then "run him into the ground", reducing Chubb's workload just to showcase him, then trade him. Dorsey is electing to put his team through utter chaos for that sweet sweet prize of a mid round pick.

You guys are onto something.

Oops, remove the "to" above.

Well, maybe not in that order. :lol:
Browns GM: Duke Johnson not expendable 'yet'

Browns GM John Dorsey was noncommittal Monday when asked about Duke Johnson's future in Cleveland.
Dorsey held a press conference to address Kareem Hunt's controversial signing. When asked about Johnson, Dorsey replied, "I don't think it makes him expendable yet." The Browns should anticipate Hunt serving a lengthy suspension for last year's assault on a woman, but it sounds like they might part with Johnson once Hunt becomes eligible to play. "I'll research (Johnson's future) as time goes on," added Dorsey. Johnson remained one of NFL's most-underutilized players in 2018, averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per catch but handling only 5.4 touches per game.

Well then
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,453.88
Saw Dorsey presser. He said all the right things.

Saw Hunts press release. He said all the right things.

Most unusual in that it feels like CLE just did another thing right in this really long journey back. =D>
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,891.24
I don't understand why they need him.They weren't high on my list of prospective suitors...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Sand$: 113,901.82
sctroyfan wrote:I don't understand why they need him.They weren't high on my list of prospective suitors...

We don't. That's what makes it such a great signing. And a head scratcher for Hunt...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,944.78
sctroyfan wrote:I don't understand why they need him.They weren't high on my list of prospective suitors...

I don't think they 'needed' him either, but it's possible the teams who 'needed' him the most were unwilling to deal with the PR hit in signing him.

Hunt needed a team to give him a chance, do we know how many teams were even willing to sign him in the first place? The timing is what's a bit strange to me, feels kind of early, but maybe Hunt already knew his options would be limited and so took the first offer he got just to get started.

The draft isn't that far away, there's some benefit I guess for both the Browns and Hunt to get the deal done now so that they can focus on what they need to do with the knowledge that Hunt is on the team.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 78,839.88

His price probably changes things.
OarChambo wrote:

We don't. That's what makes it such a great signing. And a head scratcher for Hunt...

I think this is a great spot for Hunt
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,965.28
He’s from there.
I didn’t know that, makes even more sense that he’d go there

Now I like it less though
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,891.24
OarChambo wrote:

SO you think it was mainly to sign and trade him then? I'd expect that he'd get a lot of interest once his suspension is done @ which point there will probably already be some teams with dinged up RB's

I loved watching Chubb last season and would hate to see someone come in and take part of his load. That's not me thinking FF either.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
hawkdogger wrote:He’s from there.

endzoneview wrote:I didn’t know that, makes even more sense that he’d go there

Now I like it less though

His problems have also happened around here.
sctroyfan wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

SO you think it was mainly to sign and trade him then? I'd expect that he'd get a lot of interest once his suspension is done @ which point there will probably already be some teams with dinged up RB's

I loved watching Chubb last season and would hate to see someone come in and take part of his load. That's not me thinking FF either.

Absolutely not. It's someone you completely disregard then re-assess if he gets near his return without incident. What do you do with him and the other backs when that time comes? Non-issue until then. But between the likely length of his suspension and the date of the trade deadline I would expect all 3 of them on the rooster through 2019 - timing doesn't work to move any of them.

The only real curveball would be if another back were brought in. And I think that hypothetical would be via free agency, so we'd know in the next month or so. Then that'd be the end of Duke and he'd be traded - he'll have a market too.
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,881.18
I dont think its a head scratcher for Hunt. Hes going to the GM who drafted him and hes from Ohio.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"