AAF League Thread

Sand$: 42,426.59
Want to see Mike Singletary and Mike Martz Coach again?
Want to see your blown dynasty picks like Trent Richardson, Bishop Sankey and David Cobb back in action?

Kick off is this weekend

Kickoff begins Saturday, Feb. 9, with a pair of games on CBS, followed by two more games on Sunday afternoon and evening. The 10-week season is followed by a four-team playoff in April, with the two highest-seeded teams hosting the semifinal rounds. The championship game will take place in Las Vegas on April 27.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,191.90

Looks like Wolford beat out Knight @QB for Arizona

If anyone is interested in AAF FF?

There are 2 sites running it:

https://altfantasysports.com
https://www.fanball.com

If anyone is interested in a sharks league? Better get your skates on

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 331.15
Doesnt seem to be an app for either of those sites for FF. Which seems easier to set up a classic h2h league? can all league member draft at the same time online?
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 186.27
I'm in if a league gets going.

PPR
QB: Goff (LAR), Foles (JAX)
WR: Jones (ATL), Kirk (ARI), Westbrook (JAX), Goodwin (SF), Williams (OAK), Crowder (NYJ), Thomas
RB: Kamara (NO), Gordon (LAC), Freeman (ATL), Smith (ATL), Hyde (KC), McGuire (NYJ), Bernard
TE: Hooper (ATL), Graham (GB)
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 331.15
Fanball seems to be DFS only

Altfantasysports is more of a tradition season long league, you can choose H2H, total points, or guillotine (lowest point team for the week gets eliminated).

In a 4 man H2H league. Pretty crude site but hopefully it works... maybe itll shine light on what your getting into. Just need an email to sign up.

The site designer left this not for us: Thanks so much to everyone that has stuck with this platform through the past few trying days! We ended up having several thousand leagues draft for the inaugural AAF season. There is definiely a lot of work still to be done on the platform and I will continue to work through all the issues. I wanted to let everyone know the schedule for the next few days: At 7pm Central Time on Saturday all rosters and lineups will be locked in. At 7:30pm Central Time I will be relexing and enjoying the games. We should have live scoring updates coming through on the matchup pages. I expect they won't be completely accurate at first and there will be bugs. On Sunday I will be on the road to watch the Memphis Express beat the Iron in Birmingham. Rosters will stay locked and no scoring will be official until the scoring is audited by hand on Monday and Tuesday. At that time lineups will be unlocked and waivers will be in place for the leagues that want them. While I am gone enjoying myself at the Memphis game, just know that if anything breaks, all your data is safe and secure and backed up and I'll get everything restored on Monday. In the coming weeks this whole process will become much smoother, I promise. I will be upgrading the servers this week to handle all the traffic. Have fun this weekend and Go Express!
-- Brian

Here is my team
Trent Richardson RUNNING_BACK Birmingham Iron
Fabian Guerra WIDE_RECEIVER Memphis Express
Jhurell Pressley RUNNING_BACK Arizona Hotshots
Christian Hackenberg QUARTERBACK Memphis Express
Mekale McKay WIDE_RECEIVER San Antonio Commanders
Jalin Marshall WIDE_RECEIVER Orlando Apollos
Tarean Folston RUNNING_BACK Atlanta Legends
Francis Owusu WIDE_RECEIVER San Diego Fleet
Kenny Bell WIDE_RECEIVER Salt Lake Stallions
Dustin Vaughan QUARTERBACK San Antonio Commanders
Gavin Escobar TIGHT_END San Diego Fleet
Branden Oliver RUNNING_BACK Salt Lake Stallions
Memphis Express DEFENSE
Joel Bouagnon RUNNING_BACK Salt Lake Stallions
Nick Rose KICKER San Antonio Commanders
Sand$: 42,426.59

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,608.44
I watched part of the Fleet @ Commanders game and was pleasantly surprised. The scoring was low, which I think could be expected, but the quality of play was actually pretty good. We've all seen a bunch of players come and go in the NFL that I think might have had a better chance with a little more time. This should be a great opportunity for some of those fringe guys to get the playing time needed to improve as well as being a great resource for NFL teams.

I'm glad to see that it got good ratings to start and hope that it can maintain it. The Commanders game had 30K in attendance which I think is better than a Chargers regular season game in LA..

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,876.42
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,876.42
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,862.76
Ha ha ha ha ha.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,681.54
I forgot this was a thing, and then I saw there was a game on, but my wife wanted to do something else since it wasn't football season anymore...

Some differences in rules which sound like fun/good ideas. (from another source)

No extra points.
Teams have to go for two. There are no kickoffs, either, and teams will instead get possession on their own 25-yard line. Kickers are barely involved. Speaking of which …

Onside kicks are replaced by one fourth-and-12 play on the team’s own 28-yard line.

Overtime is kind of similar to the college system.
Except each team gets the ball on the 10-yard line, and they aren’t allowed to kick field goals.

The play clock is 35 seconds instead of 40 seconds.
There will also be no TV timeouts. The aim is to keep games under two-and-a-half hours.

There will be a “sky judge.”
The officiating crew includes a ninth referee who sits in the booth and constantly reviews game action. The sky judge has the power to make calls or overturn penalties in case the on-field officials miss them. This is perhaps the AAF’s most intriguing wrinkle. Assuming it works as intended, it seems like it could be a common-sense solution to some of the NFL’s most glaring officiating issues. New Orleans would have certainly appreciated the presence of a sky judge during the NFC Championship game.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,035.40
ubertaco wrote:I forgot this was a thing, and then I saw there was a game on, but my wife wanted to do something else since it wasn't football season anymore...

Some differences in rules which sound like fun/good ideas. (from another source)

No extra points.
Teams have to go for two. There are no kickoffs, either, and teams will instead get possession on their own 25-yard line. Kickers are barely involved. Speaking of which …

Onside kicks are replaced by one fourth-and-12 play on the team’s own 28-yard line.

Except each team gets the ball on the 10-yard line, and they aren’t allowed to kick field goals.

There will also be no TV timeouts. The aim is to keep games under two-and-a-half hours.

The officiating crew includes a ninth referee who sits in the booth and constantly reviews game action. The sky judge has the power to make calls or overturn penalties in case the on-field officials miss them. This is perhaps the AAF’s most intriguing wrinkle. Assuming it works as intended, it seems like it could be a common-sense solution to some of the NFL’s most glaring officiating issues. New Orleans would have certainly appreciated the presence of a sky judge during the NFC Championship game.

The most important rule you broke was allowing your wife to believe football season is ever over.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,681.54
tsbgrayghost wrote:
ubertaco wrote:I forgot this was a thing, and then I saw there was a game on, but my wife wanted to do something else since it wasn't football season anymore...

No extra points.

The most important rule you broke was allowing your wife to believe football season is ever over.

Fair enough.

Football viewing season then :)
Megalodon
tsbgrayghost wrote:The most important rule you broke was allowing your wife to believe football season is ever over.

=D> :lol:

- Douglas Adams