Antonio Brown Dumpster Fire Thread

Megalodon
Sand$: 17,313.80
Wondering if a team like SFO or ARI would give up their first round pick this year for him.
Sand$: 42,043.67
endzoneview wrote:

#NewJackCity
”If we win games, nobody is going to remember this”
Markulous wrote:Wondering if a team like SFO or ARI would give up their first round pick this year for him.

For some reason imagining him in a Redskins uniform after failing to live up to expectations with his new contract feels right

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 887.96
Markulous wrote:Wondering if a team like SFO or ARI would give up their first round pick this year for him.

Wow. Number 1 or 2 overall?

That seems way overpriced IMO. I was thinking a very low 1st or high second. Maybe I am under-estimating his market?
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:

For some reason imagining him in a Redskins uniform after failing to live up to expectations with his new contract feels right

Yeah, I thought from the beginning that they made the most sense based off of need and them being poorly run. Guessing we won't know for a few weeks since teams can't officially trade right now I believe.
Megalodon
DELTA6TWO wrote:

That seems way overpriced IMO. I was thinking a very low 1st or high second. Maybe I am under-estimating his market?

I mean I personally wouldn't, but never know how teams respond to a WR of his caliber on the open market. If Cooper can get a first round pick, I don't see why Brown would get a 2nd round pick, especially considering his contract will be cheap for the team that gets him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 887.96
Markulous wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

I mean I personally wouldn't, but never know how teams respond to a WR of his caliber on the open market. If Cooper can get a first round pick, I don't see why Brown would get a 2nd round pick, especially considering his contract will be cheap for the team that gets him.

Cooper is younger and fit a strong, immediate need for a playoff-ready team. Cooper also had no controversy surrounding him that I can recall.

Brown will be cheap? I guess it's relative--they will be paying him 24 million over the next 2 years if I recall correctly.

I personally would rather have Cooper on my team than Brown.
Megalodon
Steelers are absorbing most of the money, hence you're getting a top WR at very little cap cost. Brown is still better than Cooper at this stage too. He's a diva that was vocal on social media, but a lot of WRs are divas, so not really something that will scare teams off IMO. The biggest question in my mind is when will his production/body start to decline and he'll become less effective? Giving up a first round pick for only a year of top production would suck. Getting 2-3 more years before he drops off is much easier to deal with, but at that point only teams with SB windows should be hunting for him as it doesn't make sense for someone like Jacksonville to give up a ton for him when they have bigger needs.

they trade him before then, so nothing lost there. Waiting would make the Steelers a very powerful entity during free agency and the draft, as other teams’ interest level in Brown could be affected by those events.[i]

#NewJackCity
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,644.88
Is it official he quit on his team? That looks like a guy who has quit on his team.
Moss went for a 4th. What did Americas most beloved hippos mentor, Owens, ever go for. I have no trade memory of him, only unceremonious releases.
It'll be interesting what someone gives up for this guy.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Any time someone mentions Moss was had for a 4th it reminds me of people that say you can find super bowl winning QBs in the 6th round

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,175.70
rsr1 wrote:Is it official he quit on his team? That looks like a guy who has quit on his team.
Moss went for a 4th. What did Americas most beloved hippos mentor, Owens, ever go for. I have no trade memory of him, only unceremonious releases.

It's not easy to mentor a hippo.
They just don't listen . . . .
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,246.63
hawkdogger wrote:
rsr1 wrote:Is it official he quit on his team? That looks like a guy who has quit on his team.

It's not easy to mentor a hippo.
They just don't listen . . . .

You also don't want to be near them when they get out of the tub:

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,464.18
His age is a factor but not as much if he had a different body build and a different work ethic or an injury history.

I can easily see him playing 5-6 more years at a high level even if the last one or two has him working out of the slot.

Listening to the media pundits, his value is anywhere from a late 1 to a 3 which means no one has a clue.

As a PIT fan, gimme a high 2 and I'll buy his plane ticket to get him to you.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,644.88
jesteva wrote:His age is a factor but not as much if he had a different body build and a different work ethic or an injury history.

I can easily see him playing 5-6 more years at a high level even if the last one or two has him working out of the slot.

Listening to the media pundits, his value is anywhere from a late 1 to a 3 which means no one has a clue.

As a PIT fan, gimme a high 2 and I'll buy his plane ticket to get him to you.

Do you think he's worth that 2nd? I don't know that I do, though I do agree he's missed little time and still looks like he has plenty left in the tank The end of season melt really surprised me and I'd be concerned about that mentality from him and where his head is really at. Especially hearing now that TO has been involved. I'm going to assume you're getting a lot more news/info about this that I'm seeing. I'll be curious how it all plays out and where he ends up.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.