Antonio Brown Dumpster Fire Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,095.86
Amari cooper is 6 years younger, and the cap hit drops to 7 million post june 1st. Im not saying they wont get a first, but I think the odds are better for a 2020 pick because of timing for cap relief.

from what I have read the giants were looking at trading ODB jr and the pats were interested.
Sand$: 41,515.81
also, kind of harder to make a trade when everyone in the world knows you have to make a trade

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,375.74
rugger48 wrote:Amari cooper is 6 years younger, and the cap hit drops to 7 million post june 1st. Im not saying they wont get a first, but I think the odds are better for a 2020 pick because of timing for cap relief.

endzoneview wrote:also, kind of harder to make a trade when everyone in the world knows you have to make a trade

I don't think you read my argument.

The Steelers DO NOT have to make a trade.

Option B is Antonio Brown throws a temper tantrum, doesn't report (like Bell), they take the $21M cap hit they would have took anyway, and slowly fine him to get cap relief (which they can then carry to next year).

Option C is if he shows up and is a real headcase they can post June 1st cut him and then take a lesser cap hit this year and write off the remainder next year, splitting the $21M. The salary isn't a concern since it's unlikely he makes it through waivers, the waiver team picks that up.

Option D is they can also just post June 1st trade him for peanuts (5th conditional) at that time. They eat $8M in 2019 and 12M in 2020.

I think the Steelers FO is in agreement he can't be with the team, but there's zero reason to sell AB for peanuts (peanuts being anything below a 2nd round pick).
I think they will get a 2nd for him

I’d be shocked if they cut him in any scenario

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
Ya but why ? He wants out, get something for him. If they can get a 2020 pick for a 1st/2nd do it. He doesn’t want to be there, Qb/coach don’t want him to be there, the owners seems fine with him leaving. Make it happen, no reason to be petty in this situation.
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:I think they will get a 2nd for him

Agreed on the latter part, they can just Post June 1st trade him for a conditional which is equal to cutting him, I just added that scenario.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:Ya but why ? He wants out, get something for him. If they can get a 2020 pick for a 1st/2nd do it. He doesn’t want to be there, Qb/coach don’t want him to be there, the owners seems fine with him leaving. Make it happen, no reason to be petty in this situation.

Oh of course, I think if the Steelers can get a 1st they absolutely say goodbye.

There's just a few rumors some teams don't even see him worth a Day 2 pick.

I'm saying if teams call the Steelers bluff the Steelers have no reason to cave. If all they get offered is a 3rd/4th then just wait until June 1st.

Best case scenario you get a Teddy Bridgewater / Sam Bradford scenario and AB suddenly becomes worth more.
Supreme Megalodon
Thats why Im mentioning 2020 instead of this year. I think you can move value a round up.
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I think they will get a 2nd for him

Agreed on the latter part, they can just Post June 1st trade him for a conditional which is equal to cutting him, I just added that scenario.

Post June 1st trade doesn’t work like a post June 1st cut. You actually can’t trade him until after June 1st.

That does seem like the likeliest scenario though and treating him for a 2020 2nd (with additional conditional picks).

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
also hopefully the owner starts to get an idea that they need to start working on a plan B for ben after this coming season. Cant have the qb who is at the end of his career pissing off people on the team because his head is way too big.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 841.88
Whatever happens, thank God for the AB (excuse me, Mr Big Chest) controversy, or we would have nothing to talk about for a while.
Only 3 weeks or so until free agency

The AB situation will drag on far past that

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Sand$: 143,300.73
I ain’t doing no unguarantees.

That's gold.

ImageImageImage
Megalodon
Sand$: 49,935.48
The dude is obviously crazy. That blond mustache is flat-out awful. Poor form Antonio.

Not willing to trade him to the Patriots, or anyone in their division, or any rivals... so who exactly are they going to trade with? NFC only? I'd bet against the Steelers getting a 1st this year or next.
Supreme Megalodon
Sf, Indy, packers, lions, panthers Are teams that come to mind right off the top of my head.