Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,359.66
OarChambo wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
jesteva wrote:He's hard to bet on.

He may not even be in Tampa next year.

If not, I don't see him starting anywhere.

Idk if he’s going anywhere, arians wants him to stay.

He can very easily wash his hands of the situation if he so chooses.

It doesn’t look like that’s the case here. I get it, but it looks like arians wants Winston here.
Sand$: 110,840.94
Until he doesn't.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 29,063.28
If you're Bruce Arians, you going to tie your coaching comeback future to signing Winston long term after this year if the same doubts that exist now are still there after this year?
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,977.78
Mechanics can be fixed.

But if he wants to fix anything other than foot work (which is the easier)?Thats a heckuva job.

Cant think of many players that have fixed bad mechanics into good ones in the space of one season.

Talking about changing years of ingrained habits & muscle memory there.

... Esp once that pocket collapses and youve had the 3.5 sec "window" to release come & go and a pro DL is within touching distance.

Cant speak of his off field problems, but on the field he is an infectious well liked team leader and in not the strongest class (not the worst either)? Its not the time to go all in on the guy youre going to anchor your future job security to just yet.

TBB have plenty of other issues they can address this year. Like getting the run game working for one.

JW is the QB moving fwds - and not in a Hue Jackson Tyrod way.

Next year? That could easily be a totally different story.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 110,840.94
jesteva wrote:If you're Bruce Arians, you going to tie your coaching comeback future to signing Winston long term after this year if the same doubts that exist now are still there after this year?

Nope - "if I cannot fix him then no one can." His questions entering the league have all been answered poorly. No reason to expect it to change now, but the one thing Arians is offering is a shot to do it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 864.78
endzoneview wrote:I didn’t think we’d make it to the 2nd page before someone made that joke but my money was on crocket.

Oh. Snap.

Megalodon
Sand$: 42,444.46
DELTA6TWO wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I didn’t think we’d make it to the 2nd page before someone made that joke but my money was on crocket.

Oh. Snap.

I'm stealing that gif...
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,680.34
I'm only interested if Ubertaco says he is hyped about him.

Megalodon
Sand$: 16,955.58
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:I'm only interested if Ubertaco says he is hyped about him.

Or if someone already won their league because they have him.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 707.36
Think he could easily have top 5 value in 2019
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 29,063.28
The afternoon radio guys on NFL Network were talking about Winston.

Other than his poor footwork which they thought was somewhat fixable, they basically said he has poor decision making skills stemming from an inability to learn to read NFL defenses and that Arians would be a miracle worker if he can fix that.
Sand$: 49,193.81
I wouldn’t want him as my starter but I’d roll the dice with him as my QB2 to pair with a Rivers type safe pick.

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,540.82
mj021407 wrote:Think he could easily have top 5 value in 2019

Idk about easily, but there's a chance. About as much as Carr has.
Still, I'm fine with him as my 2. No body wants this guy. I haven't gotten a single nibble with a rd 2 ask
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,847.36
mstrbass2000 wrote:im calling it now j winston is my guy next yr,will put up 4500 yds and 38-40 tds imo

Why would I choose Jameis (who lost both D-jax and Adam Humphries) and still wasn't an elite QB last year...

Over Derek Carr who just got Antonio Brown and Tyrell Williams?
Over Baker Mayfield who is entering year 2 and just added OBJ?
Over Kirk Cousins who has Diggs/Thielen/Rudolph and is getting back a dominant line that was injured last year?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,359.66
I’m not saying your wrong here as far as taking Winston over mayfield or cousins. but Winston still has a pretty good reveiving core , Humphrey’s is one they will miss a little bit, but he not the catslyst to that offense. I definitly put Winstons crew over Carr’s.

I mean I definitly wouldnt downgrade or not take Winston because of his receivers. I would probably do it because I don’t think he is that good.