Great White Shark
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 4,754.98
When they say 'Cleveland Carpet' it makes me think that Browns fans have invented some new sex act to perform while watching Mayfield throw TDs to OBJ.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8627
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 19,799.52
ubertaco wrote:When they say 'Cleveland Carpet' it makes me think that Browns fans have invented some new sex act to perform while watching Mayfield throw TDs to OBJ.


Really, what Browns fan would sully something as beautiful as Baker to Beckham with sex?
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 45913
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 49,240.25
“Come to Cleveland and ask O if he actually likes it,’’ Mayfield tweeted at Cowherd. “Just because you say you have a source doesn’t mean you’re not full of BS. And while you’re at it . . . come see if I’m a baby.’’

I don’t get why Mayfield continues to go back and forth with Cowturd. It’s a reminder for me that Baker and Darnold ended up in the right cities because I have no doubt the media crush in NY would have eventually ruined him. It’s going to be a positive ultimately for Odell too.
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27316
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 74,360.80
endzoneview wrote:“Come to Cleveland and ask O if he actually likes it,’’ Mayfield tweeted at Cowherd. “Just because you say you have a source doesn’t mean you’re not full of BS. And while you’re at it . . . come see if I’m a baby.’’

I don’t get why Mayfield continues to go back and forth with Cowturd. It’s a reminder for me that Baker and Darnold ended up in the right cities because I have no doubt the media crush in NY would have eventually ruined him. It’s going to be a positive ultimately for Odell too.



Ya, I agree. I think mayfield is a great player, but his ego/temper might be an issue. I get that hue was an issue, but baker had to make a statement. He did the same things in college. He’s young so ya, it’s good, but I hope he can control himself. He’s got that troll line mentality.
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
endzoneview wrote:“Come to Cleveland and ask O if he actually likes it,’’ Mayfield tweeted at Cowherd. “Just because you say you have a source doesn’t mean you’re not full of BS. And while you’re at it . . . come see if I’m a baby.’’

I don’t get why Mayfield continues to go back and forth with Cowturd. It’s a reminder for me that Baker and Darnold ended up in the right cities because I have no doubt the media crush in NY would have eventually ruined him. It’s going to be a positive ultimately for Odell too.


LOVE THAT!!

GoBrowns!! \:D/
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:“Come to Cleveland and ask O if he actually likes it,’’ Mayfield tweeted at Cowherd. “Just because you say you have a source doesn’t mean you’re not full of BS. And while you’re at it . . . come see if I’m a baby.’’

I don’t get why Mayfield continues to go back and forth with Cowturd. It’s a reminder for me that Baker and Darnold ended up in the right cities because I have no doubt the media crush in NY would have eventually ruined him. It’s going to be a positive ultimately for Odell too.



Ya, I agree. I think mayfield is a great player, but his ego/temper might be an issue. I get that hue was an issue, but baker had to make a statement. He did the same things in college. He’s young so ya, it’s good, but I hope he can control himself. He’s got that troll line mentality.


He's young with a constant chip on his shoulder. He's deflated all the pre-draft misconceptions on him other then being opinionated. He;ll be fine. I've been a Browns fan all my life and we agree, each city got their guy, and I hated the idea that we may take any other Qb then him last year. I was the only one at a Large Browns Backer Draft party who was jacked. Many were hopefully optimistic but there really was zero comparison to the other Qb's. His personality fits the city just fine.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
SnakeStabler wrote:Wow. Seems like the Giants short changed themselves on that trade.


In all actuallity its not a bad deal for them. The situation was untenable as OBJ laid a few F'bombs at Schurmer..who isnt the brightest bulb in the HC box. He had to go. They wanted 2 #1's. They pretty much did.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8627
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 19,799.52
PigskinPete22 wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Wow. Seems like the Giants short changed themselves on that trade.


In all actuallity its not a bad deal for them. The situation was untenable as OBJ laid a few F'bombs at Schurmer..who isnt the brightest bulb in the HC box. He had to go. They wanted 2 #1's. They pretty much did.


Peppers has been average, at best. OBJ is a superstar. Not a horribly unbalanced deal, but the Browns got the better end IMO.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8627
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 19,799.52
BTW, welcome to the Tank.
Enjoy your swim.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 45913
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 49,240.25
The story behind the trade is kind of odd

The Niners called and then Gettleman talked to Dorsey and that’s about it. The Giants never opened up trade talks with other teams. Strange.
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27316
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 74,360.80
bluemist wrote:
PigskinPete22 wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Wow. Seems like the Giants short changed themselves on that trade.


In all actuallity its not a bad deal for them. The situation was untenable as OBJ laid a few F'bombs at Schurmer..who isnt the brightest bulb in the HC box. He had to go. They wanted 2 #1's. They pretty much did.


Peppers has been average, at best. OBJ is a superstar. Not a horribly unbalanced deal, but the Browns got the better end IMO.



I agree, but both teams are in different places right now, so NY needed the picks. Most people just think they are in the wrong hands.
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
bluemist wrote:
PigskinPete22 wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Wow. Seems like the Giants short changed themselves on that trade.


In all actuallity its not a bad deal for them. The situation was untenable as OBJ laid a few F'bombs at Schurmer..who isnt the brightest bulb in the HC box. He had to go. They wanted 2 #1's. They pretty much did.


Peppers has been average, at best. OBJ is a superstar. Not a horribly unbalanced deal, but the Browns got the better end IMO.


Yes sire I agree the Browns got the better deal. What do you look at in any trade. "Who got the best player". But the fact is Peppers was moved to SS, where he belongs. I dont know about most of you in here, but I love Pro Football Focus. They're not perfect, but one a very few I trust for solid info.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... es-in-2019

"His 12 pressures were the third-most among safeties last year"

"Somewhat ironically, the closest corollary to Peppers at the position is actually the guy he’s replacing. Landon Collins spent over half his snaps as a rookie at deep safety and got even more exposed as the lowest-graded safety in the NFL. In Year 2, Collins shifted to a box role, and the natural playmaking ability took over as he led the position in stops. In 2018 though, it was Peppers who actually graded out higher for PFF. "

Peppers is going to shine in NY. He's home, and a baller. But I agree with you, Browns got an elite talent they needed and have the QB to turn OBJ into a perennial 15/1500 Wr. Davante Adams was a 13/1300 guy. I know the Browns have a lot of mouths to feed, but BM will hit the open guy.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
bluemist wrote:BTW, welcome to the Tank.
Enjoy your swim.


Thank you man! :thumbright: Lurked in here off and on. Thought I'd dip my foot in. Actually found this place off of the MFL links. We've used MFL in our Fantasy League since day one it arrived. Sure beats the idiocracy you see on ANY Facebook "Fan" page football discussion forum.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 6, 2019
Sand$: 219.12
OarChambo wrote:If Gettleman and Shuemur are gone at season's end, no. If they're still around, yes.


Pat Shurmur Quotes as Browns Coach..in case ANYONE has missed it. Classic comedy. Sorry G-Men fans. You had to know that this guy was a stop gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-SqZL1dAms
_______________________________________

Image
Great White Shark
Posts: 8317
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 17,449.24
endzoneview wrote:The story behind the trade is kind of odd

The Niners called and then Gettleman talked to Dorsey and that’s about it. The Giants never opened up trade talks with other teams. Strange.

I mean Garopollo got traded in a similar fashion.


That said, the 49ers are getting pissy but I don't know why. The latest story I ready said NYG asked for the #2 and the Niners said no. They were willing to pick swap though. Then the giants asked for DeForest Buckner and Niners said no.


It's funny the 49ers come out all outraged when really they're the guy that shows up for your craigslist ad for your $5000 car and kicks the tires a few times, points out a few dents, and offers $1000 but no deal if he leaves.