AAF League Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,867.76
I dont know if this will make it a second season. its already having problems.
Sand$: 41,574.13
Anyone actually watching this?

I completely forget it’s even on until I hear about it on Monday

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,755.02
Reddit wrote:AAF TV ratings are out
News

Here they are:

.64 on TNT

27 and .26 on NFLN

Average of 1,018,000 viewers on on TNT and 425,000 viewers on NFL Network for each of the two games.

Very solid numbers given the weekend.

More details here: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s ... -2019.html

Can't quite tell if that was week one or two, but I thought week one was on CBS.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,290.10
endzoneview wrote:Anyone actually watching this?

i watched it this week,pretty good imo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,623.92
It'd probably help their cause if we could more easily find when and what channels the games were on.. It's easier to find a televised Darts tournament.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,290.10
sctroyfan wrote:It'd probably help their cause if we could more easily find when and what channels the games were on.. It's easier to find a televised Darts tournament.

i agree,i was scrolling thru channels and found the game,could have missed it altogether easily,glad i caught it though,hard hitting and fast paced will gladly watch more games going forward
Great White Shark
Sand$: 887.96
endzoneview wrote:Anyone actually watching this?

Right? The lack of publicity is a killer.

The only memorable thing I have heard is that the league had to take out an emergency loan, which bodes well for long-term survival...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,623.92
If the MLS can make it I'd think this can too. Maybe I recall incorrectly but it seemed like that league would never take off but now it's got great fans at the local level. I think they made good choices regarding the cities those teams went to. I have some friends in San Antonio that bought season tix and think it's the best thing ever... Filling the stadiums is a first critical step

It's a little disconcerting that 3-4 weeks in they've already got financial issues.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Sand$: 41,574.13

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Great White Shark
I honestly forgot all about the AAF until I heard the Manziel news. Is it (the league) doing any better in regards to viewership/finances?
Great White Shark
It appears the league is on the brink of collapse. It mentions a lack of NFLPA cooperation, but the finances are a mess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 287922002/
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,200.24
DELTA6TWO wrote:It appears the league is on the brink of collapse. It mentions a lack of NFLPA cooperation, but the finances are a mess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 287922002/

That article doesnt mention money issues. Ive read conflicting reports about that, and dont know enough about that.

Ref: NFLPA, I dont understand why the AAF needs young players from active NFL rosters for a start :dontknow:

Im sure itd be good for marketing, but:

<1% of college kids get drafted so fewer teams have close to a 99% increase on the player pool for a start
Then theres players that get cut off at the 53 man d/line. So theres another tranche.
Then you have the off-season cuts. Theres some more

Also unsure about how HCs are going to feel when one of their young players goes down to IR or has career ended (and we can never rule either out) in off-season football, just to boost a vehicle that doesnt affect their job security, is going to go across too well.

If they want to be a farm system for NFL a la baseball? Thats great.

Im all for player development, esp in a crowded environment.

But that co-operation and business plan to involve NFL youngsters shouldve been secured beforehand, surely if its that intrinsic to any success/ failure - certainly not mid-season.

Still, where Polian's involved, little surprises me.

Hope they sort it all out.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
That specific article does not mention monetary issues, but several others have:

https://therivardreport.com/amid-report ... been-paid/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/19/aaf-m ... investment

https://www.americanfootballinternation ... nhl-owner/

Having to have a $250 million bailout to meet payroll in the middle of your inaugural season is not typically considered a strong financial business plan...but hey, what do I know? I have never started up a new league.
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,505.02
Vince McMahon will get it right this time.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,867.76
I think the financial issue are being brought because they are worried the guy who is putting money in might pull it.