2019 QB Class discussion

Megalodon
Sand$: 19,441.50
bluemist wrote:Is the upside worth the (tremendously overvalued) cost to get any of the top 5 guys? Probably not

I dont disagree, Blue

But that sentence is true of the majority of draft classes for QBs - not just this one

QB weighting has been around for as long as i can remember. I dont agree with it, nor like it, but i dont see it changing anytime soon.

2013 was the worst class in a while (Top 3 drafted, EJ: 1.16, Geno:2.07, Glennon: 3.11).

2007 the one before that (1st: Jamarcus, Quinn, 2nd: Kolb, Beck, Stanton, 3rd: Edwards)

It might not be a banner year/ bumper crop for some, but this aint close to being either a '13 or '07 imho.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,398.48
Yeah, I think there is at least one good starter in this class. I think it's an average class overall, not as good as last year, but far and away better than the '13 class.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote: IMO, both guys are about the same tier as Rosen was last year and would have probably pushed Lamar back to round 2 if they both came out last year.

It may be me, but I can't draw parallels between the two groups. I'm still skeptical of what's going on above Rosen's neck, but outside of that I don't think there's anything that will lead to failure from either one of them. I can't say the same with these two.

My gut says Murray is the guy here that can be really good given the right coaching, but I get being skeptical of this class
Sand$: 112,081.10
jamcutpost wrote:I think there're a cpl guys close to the top thatll start, but of all the recent years, this could be the one we talk about producing a long term later round starter like Hasselbeck or Romo et al

Anyone in particular? Grier's the only other one I'd be remotely interested in drafting. I'd rather let another team draft the rest then consider them when they near/hit free agency after they hit the positive end of their range of potential outcomes.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:I think there're a cpl guys close to the top thatll start, but of all the recent years, this could be the one we talk about producing a long term later round starter like Hasselbeck or Romo et al

Anyone in particular? Grier's the only other one I'd be remotely interested in drafting. I'd rather let another team draft the rest then consider them when they near/hit free agency after they hit the positive end of their range of potential outcomes.

Grier, here as well & Rypien

Id include Tyree as well, potentially.

Really started to put it together last year. Small sample, but someone is going to see him in the flesh and swoon to make him go earlier than he aught - so not sure if he'll qualify when its all said & done.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Grier, here as well & Rypien

Id include Tyree as well, potentially.

Really started to put it together last year. Small sample, but someone is going to see him in the flesh and swoon to make him go earlier than he aught - so not sure if he'll qualify when its all said & done.

Tyree's a mess and isn't going to get the reps/coaching to correct any of it anytime soon. He's the type of guy I'd be looking at in 3 years if he trends up between now and then.

Preciate the tip on Rypien though. Left coast football has become harder for me to follow in recent years, so I'm more green wrt him than I would have been a few years ago. I'll look into him more.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:Tyree's a mess and isn't going to get the reps/coaching to correct any of it anytime soon. He's the type of guy I'd be looking at in 3 years if he trends up between now and then.

Yeah, he is messy, but hes not the mess he was last year.

There was definite & clear improvement across the board.

Disagree he wont get the coaching to fix it (I think he'll either sink or swim/ either a QB or not and only time will tell, but the potential is there), but we're probably splitting semantics and agree - if only for different reasons - on the result.

Hes a prime candidate to be overdrafted (bit like Haskins & Lock, but further back) IRL & agree if anyone is interested in DynaFF, circle back - like Oar says - in a cpl when hes either developed or hit his wall.

Real shame about what happened with Milton. He'd have been in the thick of that mix too.

- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 42,621.19

#NewJackCity
”If we win games, nobody is going to remember this”
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,785.92
endzoneview wrote:

Probably end up being best in the class. I only saw him play a little, but I liked what I saw.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,195.52
Watching Tyree is a bit like watching a newly born giraffe taking its first steps. No way a team lets those measurables pass them by though. I think he will get a shot at some point and I don't see why he won't get coaching.

Whether he will get good coaching is a different matter.

The most fun QB in this class to watch playing though and could easily work in a Bills/Josh Allen type of offense.

theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Watching Tyree is a bit like watching a newly born giraffe taking its first steps. No way a team lets those measurables pass them by though. I think he will get a shot at some point and I don't see why he won't get coaching.

The most fun QB in this class to watch playing though and could easily work in a Bills/Josh Allen type of offense.

Developmental QB's always sound like a great idea from January-July. Then they get forgotten about. Then they stop getting practice reps once the actual season starts. If that team ends up with a QB problem then they likely lost a lot of games. Which leads to turnover at the top. And the new guys don't have any ties to hold-over developmental types.
Megalodon
I would take Tyree with the intention I could coach him up to be my backup. He is way too raw and bad with a lot of things to think you're finding some kind of gem. Good QBs are rarely found outside of the first round.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,195.52
OarChambo wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Watching Tyree is a bit like watching a newly born giraffe taking its first steps. No way a team lets those measurables pass them by though. I think he will get a shot at some point and I don't see why he won't get coaching.

Developmental QB's always sound like a great idea from January-July. Then they get forgotten about. Then they stop getting practice reps once the actual season starts. If that team ends up with a QB problem then they likely lost a lot of games. Which leads to turnover at the top. And the new guys don't have any ties to hold-over developmental types.

Agree, coaching changes are probably a death knell to these guys who are already up against it. As always, landing spots are important.

Tbh, I was secretly hoping the Dolphins would grab the likes of Tyree or Stick and just see what happens. Either catch lightning in a bottle or tank with no ties or loss. Would be fun with those guys. Admittedly it may be a fun roller coaster ride with Fitz anyway, but there is no lightning in a bottle scenario there.

Megalodon
Sand$: 22,491.20
sorry i had to give him a thread. He "killed" his proday. i dont think he gets talked about enough as a top QB in this class. We hear about Murray and Haskins but not much about Jones who i think ends up getting picked in the 1st round. Giants better grab him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Fl&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... nuJB2I5tPB

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,780.26
Theres a lot of buzz on NFL radio about him.

I think you could see his stock climb more than any other player up to the NFL draft.