Every Rosen has its Dolphin.

Megalodon
Sand$: 15,725.10
Elmagister wrote:They're maintaining the value of the top pick.

Yeah, that's what I got from it. Doesn't necessarily mean they are going to trade Rosen.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,673.20
Markulous wrote:
Elmagister wrote:They're maintaining the value of the top pick.

Yeah, that's what I got from it. Doesn't necessarily mean they are going to trade Rosen.

The only way this Kyler Murray hype train makes sense is if they're planning to trade back and are trying to elevate the value of the number 1 pick.

Quinnen, Bosa, Allen are all top tier prospects... but no one is going to relinquish too much capital to trade up for a non-QB.

I suspect we'll see a trade up, or for them to pick one of those 3 pass rushers in the draft.

If they indeed pick Murray (which would absolutely floor me), I don't think they trade Rosen for anything less than a 1st.

His value as a backup/insurance for Murray is worth more than a 2nd rounder... and certainly more than a 3rd.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 113,300.40
zuggyawesome wrote:Quinnen, Bosa, Allen are all top tier prospects... but no one is going to relinquish too much capital to trade up for a non-QB.

Saints gave two firsts for a lesser de just last year.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Quinnen, Bosa, Allen are all top tier prospects... but no one is going to relinquish too much capital to trade up for a non-QB.

How does that compare with what the Rams got for RG3, or CLE got for Carson Wentz?

zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

How does that compare with what the Rams got for RG3, or CLE got for Carson Wentz?

If you're interested in a dialogue about this subject there's a middle ground you're choosing to ignore.

If you're only interested in hot taekery then please just let me know so I don't waste any more time.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,674.15
We're also missing the fact that while draft picks are nice, using them wisely is not a given. Yes, teams can get picks for players - but the assumption that they'll successfully draft is historically not a great one.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:If you're interested in a dialogue about this subject there's a middle ground you're choosing to ignore.

If you're only interested in hot taekery then please just let me know so I don't waste any more time.

:lol: I'm being serious here. Teams are more willing to overpay for a QB they believe in than they are any position in football.

That's just because QB is such an important position it dwarfs the other spots in value. Once you factor in a static salary for rookies and compare that with average salary by position it makes even more sense.

I could've also mentioned TEN and Jared Goff.. I'm actually having a difficult time finding a top 5 QB pick that didn't go for a kings randsom (which is where Kyler Murray is likely to be selected)

I've ignored the "Middle ground" (Josh Allen, Josh Rosen for instance) because they were taken outside of the top 5 and that pick slot is not comparable to where Murray is projected to go.

I realize Davenport was a later round pick, but cases like his are far rarer than the top 5 QBs (and a 1st rounder next year is valued at a 2nd rounder this year, anyways).

If anyone is saying the pick for a non qb will command a Wentz like price it's either click bait or they're an idiot. For conversation purposes it's a non starter.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,252.86
Im no QB guru, so I go with what Matt Waldman has published as my guidance.
MW said that Rosen was the most pro ready coming out, and had him at the top of his QB list.
WTIM, I'd say the Rosen saga is still ill in the pro preamble.
If I was AZ I wouldn't trade him, unless the new coach didn't see a way forward. That's their problem, though.
If Rosen is traded, his stock should jump. So now might be a buying OPP.
IMO, AZ is throwing smoke and intends to keep Rosen, OR he's traded and the team which gets him will build around him. Either way, his value is depressed for fantasy and qualifies as a BUY for me
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:If anyone is saying the pick for a non qb will command a Wentz like price it's either click bait or they're an idiot. For conversation purposes it's a non starter.

I think we're on the same page here, then.

So where's the disconnect?

I said that this Kyler Murray hype at #1 only makes sense if ARZ is attempting to drive up the price to trade up to their #1 slot.

Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,763.88
Just like every night has its dawn
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,331.78

Megalodon
If he's really on the block, I'm wondering if teams are just holding off so they don't get in a bidding war and jack up the price.
Megalodon
According to Joel Klatt of Fox Sports, three teams are "very interested" in acquiring Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.
Those three teams are the Chargers, Giants and Patriots. All three are logical fits: Philip Rivers, Tom Brady and Eli Manning are all nearing the finish line and Rosen would be an ideal successor. Per Klatt, one of the three has already offered Arizona a second-round pick for Rosen, though the Cardinals are apparently holding out for a first-rounder. With newly-minted coach Kliff Kingsbury making no effort to hide his infatuation with reigning Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray, the Cardinals may not have much leverage in trade talks for Rosen. The UCLA alum labored through a difficult rookie season in Arizona, though coaching turnover and a weak supporting cast were at least partially to blame for his struggles. The 22-year-old could certainly benefit from a change of scenery.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,016.72