Good stuff, OAR. Thanks.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,654.98
Entertaining review.
Nice writing, Oar.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,289.06
+1 =D>

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,437.24
Fun read, Oar.

I wonder why it seems a given that Bosa is better than Allen? Everyone seems to assume that he is, yet I have never seen anyone rationalize the thought process.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,654.98
bluemist wrote:Fun read, Oar.

I wonder why it seems a given that Bosa is better than Allen? Everyone seems to assume that he is, yet I have never seen anyone rationalize the thought process.

I imagine it's mostly pedigree, plus the overlap of usage/position at OSU with his brother, plus the body type/power+hands technique. They were implemented in similar ways at OSU.
It's in large part a direct comparison with his brother.
Edit: which doesn't make him a better prospect than Allen. It's just a very recent, familiar, and rare example with which to draw a conclusion.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,294.90
Definitely a fun read, but one thing about the DK selection.

Luckily for them WSH won't have the option to take him that there... as I fully expect the BUF bills to nab him at #9. (My condolences Jam) :cry:

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 42,588.93
Markulous wrote:Awesome, thanks for doing this again.

x2

#NewJackCity
”If we win games, nobody is going to remember this”
Sand$: 112,018.10
bluemist wrote:Fun read, Oar.

The NFL prefers prototypes. Bosa has everything the NFL wants - and the scheme doesn't matter.

Allen may have a greater impact with a creative mind - he's at his best when his role is complex and changes play-to-play, drive-to-drive, game-to-game. The NFL has adapted some to bend outside of their bubble, but they're still playing from behind. You can put Bosa into any DE/OLB role and project success. You can't do that with Allen.

So, whether one is better than the other, that'd be an interesting debate. But who is a better bet given the current realities of the NFL? Don't think it's debatable.
Sand$: 112,018.10
zuggyawesome wrote:Definitely a fun read, but one thing about the DK selection.

Luckily for them WSH won't have the option to take him that there... as I fully expect the BUF bills to nab him at #9. (My condolences Jam) :cry:

It only takes one, but I think he's more likely to fall out of round 1 than be picked top 10. Betting on the draft is a sucker play, but I'd prognosticate 20something via trade up.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,395.10
Metcalf is a really interesting case. I think he's a better prospect than Breshad Perriman and Mike Williams were when they came out. I'd probably compare him more to Kevin White, who had a lot of upside but was hampered by injuries. I think on the right team, with the right coaching, he can really excel. I think top 10 is a bit high though. Early 20s seems about right
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,171.70
Good job. I remember thinking last years was really good also. I should probably pay more attention to the articles on the Sharks site rather than only coming to the forum.

Can we get the actual mock draft linked in the article? That way readers can refer to it and also understand any difference between the reasoning a player was drafted and your commentary.

I know it refers to it in writing as being in the forum but a link would be good.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,329.56
This is always good stuff.

Thanks Oar.
Megalodon
Sand$: 134,894.45
endzoneview wrote:
Markulous wrote:Awesome, thanks for doing this again.

x2

x3