Blue Shark
Sand$: 2,248.80
FutBol wrote:
NautArch wrote:
unimsw wrote:Please let this happen.

Dang man, that's cold. Why you wishing for violent diarrhea on him?

:lol:

I just assume he is asking for Ivory to get some runs. 8)

so it's ok if he's a millionaire football player instead?? :P
Megalodon
Sand$: 18,820.02

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 41,995.39
Do you think this signing is a prelude to a McCoy trade?

#NewJackCity
”If we win games, nobody is going to remember this”
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Do you think this signing is a prelude to a McCoy trade?

Good question - ive no idea, bit of a shock this one. Not unwelcome for a change tho.

31yo ... RB ... active touch leader ... off field flags ... a prior for contract holdout threats (hes in his final year).

I agree with your price on Clark (They want 1st, 2nd more likely), so what do you think wed get for him?

I dont think itd be more than a 3rd, right? Or can it?

Pre-draft: Maybe they might send him to SEA as part of a deal for Clark? Or there is some other deal in the works we dont know about yet that would make more sense.
    Post draft: if we draft a guy? Yeah i think that could light the touch paper, but weaken BUFs price.

Buffalo arent short of cap space nor mid rnd picks either (for a freaking change, on both counts) - But we are short at RB talent.

For those reasons, here & now, i think Yeldon is plus depth/ starter potential on a weak roster & McCoy stays and we just ride him out.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Beane, last week when asked on drafting an RB wrote:"I don’t want to sit here and say we need it"

"I get it, we’ve got two guys who are over 30. We’ve paid attention to it. But I still think there’s guys who are out there and even some in free agency still who can help who will get on teams and help them.

"It’s kind of a different market for that position altogether in a lot of ways. I think there are some guys in the draft who do have a good skill set and we’ll see how it falls.”

So far: Gore, Yeldon & Perry

I still definitely wouldnt say no to another via draft*

*As long as its not another 4th+ rnd dart like Karlos King of Konkussions or Johnathan Williams or any one of the others we've flailed at.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,464.18

First thing I thought of. Lots of cash savings for BUF and a minimal dead cap hit for a 30 year old back who is a UFA next year. I'd think a late round pick would be enough.

He'd look good in Green Bay for a year.
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:

First thing I thought of. Lots of cash savings for BUF and a minimal dead cap hit for a 30 year old back who is a UFA next year. I'd think a late round pick would be enough.

I get the attraction of both - but neither of those things move the needle much for BUF this year because fo the circumstances of past cpl years.

BUF have 10 draft picks.
    7 from 4-7.
    About 55million in Cap space
    Could just as easily offer him a tender offer next year to get into comp pick formula that could also net them a mid/laternd pick

They dont need cap, nor picks ... at least not in that "late round" range!

They also have a bit of an issue at the RB spot (Talent/ Depth).

About only thing i think would spark a move on from McCoy at this stage would be an investment at RB in the draft - One of note.

Outside of FF, (or an FO being an FO), i just cant see - barring a team overpaying/ knocking socks off - why its a beneficial roster move.

- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 111,419.88
jamcutpost wrote:
jesteva wrote:

I get the attraction of both - but neither of those things move the needle much for BUF this year because fo the circumstances of past cpl years.

BUF have 10 draft picks.
    7 from 4-7.
    About 55million in Cap space
    Could just as easily offer him a tender offer next year to get into comp pick formula that could also net them a mid/laternd pick

They dont need cap, nor picks ... at least not in that "late round" range!

They also have a bit of an issue at the RB spot (Talent/ Depth).

About only thing i think would spark a move on from McCoy at this stage would be an investment at RB in the draft - One of note.

Outside of FF, (or an FO being an FO), i just cant see - barring a team overpaying/ knocking socks off - why its a beneficial roster move.

*Trade into 2020
*Increase roll-over
*Draft a RB day 3
*Because Shady isn't going to net anything into the comp pick formula
*Especially given next year's RB crop
*But especially because he isn't what he once was
Megalodon
Hypotheticals and opinion about things in years to come?

Then yeah, sure. Why not? Trade.

But the reality, Right here & now? Nah.

Only an RB pick of note changes any of the above

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,504.28
jamcutpost wrote:Hypotheticals and opinion about things in years to come?

Then yeah, sure. Why not? Trade.

But the reality, Right here & now? Nah.

Only an RB pick of note changes any of the above

With singletary drafted and yeldon signed, it does make me wonder more about McCoy.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,464.18

With singletary drafted and yeldon signed, it does make me wonder more about McCoy.

Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Tra Carson and Karri Bibbs = GBP depth chart.

What are you waiting for GB because it can't be one of the RBs not drafted yet and the only roster of backs bad as yours is PIT.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,003.16
jesteva wrote:

What are you waiting for GB because it can't be one of the RBs not drafted yet and the only roster of backs bad as yours is PIT.

Huh?
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:

Whats wrong w/Aaron Jones that trading for a 31yo w/ Contract issues, who didnt look like what he used to be would solve?

Cause i dont see the answer as being that much except less cap & one less pick

Dont get me wrong.

I think BUF would be more inclined to trade Shady now. That investment - in this draft - would count as a significant enough ivnestment i think theyd entertain it now.

I just still dont see why thered be a rush.

He can walk next year with a tender offer and eiher help net a comp pick OR// cancel an incoming UFA.

Best time to trade Shady isnt now... its in camp when someones starter goes down.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Sat 04.27.2019, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,948.98
Lets not forget all the hoopla last pre-season that we thought might turn really ugly for Shady.

Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Lets not forget all the hoopla last pre-season that we thought might turn really ugly for Shady.

Which hasnt gone anywhere tho, right?

... and also all the more reason why teams wont be all that interested (even before age, contract & production)

If anyone does a tank search theyll see enough posts that id be happy to trade him/ move on.

Happily :)

It just doesnt make a ton of sense right now roster wise.

Before the pick, the answer was absolutely not. Not happening.

Now? Its possible.

I just dont see it as likely till someone else loses a starter. Not with so many left on the board and the pick prices being what they are.

- Douglas Adams