Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,078.88
Jcb890 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:I said they let good players walk. But they are generally replaceable.

Seymour was 30, disgruntled and coming off of an 8 sack season when they traded him.
Logan Mankins was 31 and only played 2 more seasons when they jettisoned him.
Deion Branch was a role player made better by Tom Brady. Solid, but unspectacular. He never had more than 78 catches, never 1000 yards, never more than 6 TD.

I'll give you Jones, but he was coming into a payday, they got a (bad) guard and a 2nd in return for him.

They may have let Welker go one year too early, but they had Edelman.

Like I said, a lot of the moves they have made, worked.
I honestly believe Branch would have been a star had he stayed. But, that's OK.
The prior to the one he was traded Seymour was awesome. They did pick good timing to deal him though for sure. Same with Mankins. 31 isn't that old for a guard though.
I am more of the mind that the Patriots really have not had stars. Seymour, Mankins and Branch were very good, but not legit stars.

Chandler Jones trade sucked. But, they weren't going to pay him.

Hated letting Welker go and like you said, might have been 1-2 years early, but like most of the other moves, it worked out.

It helps that they were able to fleece the Raiders a couple times for Moss and a 1st round pick for Seymour in the final year of his deal.
Megalodon
Sand$: 50,300.44
Elmagister wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:I said they let good players walk. But they are generally replaceable.

Seymour was 30, disgruntled and coming off of an 8 sack season when they traded him.
Logan Mankins was 31 and only played 2 more seasons when they jettisoned him.
Deion Branch was a role player made better by Tom Brady. Solid, but unspectacular. He never had more than 78 catches, never 1000 yards, never more than 6 TD.

I'll give you Jones, but he was coming into a payday, they got a (bad) guard and a 2nd in return for him.

They may have let Welker go one year too early, but they had Edelman.

Like I said, a lot of the moves they have made, worked.
I honestly believe Branch would have been a star had he stayed. But, that's OK.
The prior to the one he was traded Seymour was awesome. They did pick good timing to deal him though for sure. Same with Mankins. 31 isn't that old for a guard though.
I am more of the mind that the Patriots really have not had stars. Seymour, Mankins and Branch were very good, but not legit stars.

Chandler Jones trade sucked. But, they weren't going to pay him.

Hated letting Welker go and like you said, might have been 1-2 years early, but like most of the other moves, it worked out.

It helps that they were able to fleece the Raiders a couple times for Moss and a 1st round pick for Seymour in the final year of his deal.

That's true.
I don't know if the Raiders would have gotten more for Moss though at that point. He was a one-trick pony and still a pain to deal with in the locker room apparently. Seymour was great to get a 1st, the year prior he was worth it. That year, I didn't think he was.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,078.88
They selected Nate Solder with that pick.
Megalodon
Sand$: 50,300.44
Elmagister wrote:They selected Nate Solder with that pick.

Was disappointed to see him go too. But, that contract was/is nuts, so to be expected.
Megalodon
Sand$: 62,183.16
It is amazing that they've had that much success without stars, but you can also argue it is a knock on the scouting department. Why haven't they drafted more players that became stars?

Got lucky with Brady and Gronk and the rest just "fit the system" I guess :p

Looking for owners in an IDP dynasty league
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=351315
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,643.26
It's all Bill.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,128.56
endzoneview wrote:No team has 4 guys eating $85M of the cap. Mostly it’s around $60m or even less and the Pats are one of the higher teams because even though the narrative is Tom takes less money he still has one of the higher cap numbers - $27M

for what tom brings the man is way under paid
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,305.94
mstrbass2000 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:No team has 4 guys eating $85M of the cap. Mostly it’s around $60m or even less and the Pats are one of the higher teams because even though the narrative is Tom takes less money he still has one of the higher cap numbers - $27M

for what tom brings the man is way under paid

agreed...he should be making 35 m a year. At LEAST!

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"