Megalodon
Sand$: 17,302.90
Elmagister wrote:He wanted Gore.

Eww...They had the money to spend, I don't really see the issue with it. I know spending that much on a RB isn't ideal, but it's not like it hurt them on that particular contract.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,078.88
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,154.38
Elmagister wrote:

Waiting for Mel Kyper to get the call.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,285.72
They're going to start considering fantasy football managers..."He's won his league 3 out 4 of the last few years and consistently drafts high value picks in the later rounds..."
Supreme Megalodon
Glad to see Gase learned from his failure in Miami.
Sand$: 111,419.88
Elmagister wrote:Glad to see Gase learned from his failure in Miami.

It's impossible to learn from your mistakes when you're not given any time to sit back and reflect on where it went wrong before. The trek towards Mangini-land continues...
Sand$: 41,995.39
Has a team ever won a Super Bowl with a coach and a GM working independently and both reporting to the owner? Until the Jets rectify this ridiculous structure that only breeds power struggles, they will continue to be a god damn circus.

#NewJackCity
”If we win games, nobody is going to remember this”
Sand$: 111,419.88
endzoneview wrote:Has a team ever won a Super Bowl with a coach and a GM working independently and both reporting to the owner? Until the Jets rectify this ridiculous structure that only breeds power struggles, they will continue to be a god damn circus.

Dorsey saved Haslam from himself. That had been his structure for years. It took Dorsey letting Hue hang himself while nailing the 2018 offseason to get Jimmy to let the HC report to him instead of the owner.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,793.64
I thank god every day I don't have to put up with Adam Gase as a Dolphins HC. I knew this would implode sooner or later. Will go grab popcorn and cross my fingers that the JETS get Hard-Knocks LOL...
Supreme Megalodon

I’m not mad they fired him

I’m mad they didn’t do it before they let him spend a crap load of money and draft players.

At this point, they could hire Donald Trump Jr as GM and I wouldn’t be shocked

#NewJackCity
A source said Gase and Bell have been in constant contact since the offseason program began last month despite Bell not being in Florham Park for most of the workouts. The two spoke after the Maccagnan firing both on Wednesday and Thursday, and the conversations have been positive, according to the source.

Bell took to Twitter on Wednesday to say he was not worried about the reports.

At this point, it’s the only thing that can happen.
I’ll hold onto any tiny sliver of sunshine that finds its way through the drawn shades of my smashed Jets memorabilia filled room that I can find over the next few months

#NewJackCity
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,003.16
Now how much do we go through the “get rid of his guys”. Scenario?

No I don’t think that’s bell. Ya it’s decent money for a rb, but it’s not going to ruin your cap the next couple of years while your Qb is on his rookie contract.
The ironic thing is the guys Mac bought are the exact guys they need. This team needed another leader on defense to help out Jamal Adams. This slowass team needed speed on offense and they got Le’Veon. They paid a lot of money for those guys but I don’t care. Gase has no choice but to learn to love them. By the time the Jets can get out of those deals, Gase will be long gone anyhow.

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,159.48
rugger48 wrote:Now how much do we go through the “get rid of his guys”. Scenario?

No I don’t think that’s bell. Ya it’s decent money for a rb, but it’s not going to ruin your cap the next couple of years while your Qb is on his rookie contract.

Considering how poorly he drafted I think it's safe to say they already got rid of most of his guys.