Blue Shark
Sand$: 693.72
the backup would win games based on the strength of the team in general

so he runs 4.5 instead of 4.4

cone and shuttle 25% slower

maybe not as smart as qb1.. who isn't a math whiz to start

it's just not a huge drop off, and replacement value isn't hit like the drop back qb's

plus you don't gotta worry about development or injury

just go out there and ball, no matter if you're qb1 or qb3
Sand$: 41,574.13
easy peasy

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Sand$: 112,756.16
Allen could have a better career and still suck, so this question is unintentionally not a good one.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,200.24
Vision wrote:the backup would win games based on the strength of the team in general

so he runs 4.5 instead of 4.4

cone and shuttle 25% slower

maybe not as smart as qb1.. who isn't a math whiz to start

it's just not a huge drop off, and replacement value isn't hit like the drop back qb's

plus you don't gotta worry about development or injury

just go out there and ball, no matter if you're qb1 or qb3

Yeah, i get what youre saying. I do. I just believe the entire premise is flawed

Running QBs arent "dime a dozen". Probably even harder to find than pocket Qbs.

If that were true we could probably name more than 6 true running Qbs since 2000 (Young, Vick, Rg3, Kap, Allen & LJ). Heck, lets even stick Newton & Wentz in there. Even Quinton Flowers went straight to RB.

Now name all the non-true runnign QBs

One list is decidely larger than the other - which disproves the myth that theyre easy to find or "dime a dozen"

"Not a huge drop off" for the backup? Same thing.

----------------------------------

Ive no rpoblem w/anyone sayign a runnign QB is more likely to get injured (They are).

Or that teams should try and prepare for that (They should).

Where we differ (Wildly) is in how easy or common youre suggesting replacements are, and the actual value of that vs he ivnestment cost in the first place.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Tue 05.21.2019, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,423.54
Is Josh Allen a running QB? I thought most of his rushing yards came off of scrambles?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:Is Josh Allen a running QB? I thought most of his rushing yards came off of scrambles?

He avgd 10 rushes per game for 14ypc in College

Hes getting over 50ypg in the pros and running on every 4th play

Yes, there are times hes (literally) running for his life (Scrambling is too kind :D )

But no, it would be a mistake to think hes not a running QB. Theres plenty of designed calls for him in there.

I read a fairly accurate (or at least i agree with it, so that might be biased) description somewhere not long ago. Ill try and find it
Last edited by jamcutpost on Tue 05.21.2019, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
jamcutpost wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Is Josh Allen a running QB? I thought most of his rushing yards came off of scrambles?

His scramble percentage came in at 11% last season, that's double or triple most QBs rates.

I'm not saying he's not a good runner, I'm asking if the Bills utilized him in the running game (Read option, QB draws, etc.) Or if his rushing profile came because of both a high rate of scrambling, and some variance in scrambling effectiveness that went his way.

edit: which you kind of answered.

I only saw him play one full game, and it was earlier on in the season vs TEN. So I'm guessing they added more designed runs for him as the season went on since most of his rushing yards came off of broken plays Vs TEN.

Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

His scramble percentage came in at 11% last season, that's double or triple most QBs rates.

I'm not saying he's not a good runner, I'm asking if the Bills utilized him in the running game (Read option, QB draws, etc.) Or if his rushing profile came because of both a high rate of scrambling, and some variance in scrambling effectiveness that went his way

If you read back, youll see thats answered ;)

Daboll has made it a feature.

The scrambling isnt just random. Not entirely. Its a feature theyve allowed for and encourage philosophically.

Cant say i like it, personally, but the plays are designed to either given him a receiver or give him the space to use his legs

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Daboll regularly leaves the middle of the field wide open for Allen. It has the advantage of giving Allen half-field reads: they run flood concepts and spacing ideas to create triangle stretches and simplify the choices Allen has to make. But instead of bringing third or fourth progression ideas into the middle of the field, so his quarterback can work from frontside to backside, Daboll will pair concepts with almost exclusively out-breaking routes to crease big rushing lanes for Allen.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
jamcutpost wrote:
Daboll regularly leaves the middle of the field wide open for Allen. It has the advantage of giving Allen half-field reads: they run flood concepts and spacing ideas to create triangle stretches and simplify the choices Allen has to make. But instead of bringing third or fourth progression ideas into the middle of the field, so his quarterback can work from frontside to backside, Daboll will pair concepts with almost exclusively out-breaking routes to crease big rushing lanes for Allen.

I see, that's very interesting info. I might have to rethink Josh Allen for fantasy this season :lol:

Megalodon
Yeah, i do love him for how he (literally) carried the teams O last year - at points he really was it

Hes certainly not my idea of a franchise QB, but there you go.

Its what we've got and its who i have to root for on Sundays.

FF? Could be good for some big weeks with his legs from time-to-time.
    RL? Id have given both players a swerve, but preferred standing pat and taking LJ over Allen than trading up as we did. C'est la vie.

Will say as im critical of Allen more than most, im not sure if LJ wouldve done what he did last year on BUF., with that OL, no shady and handicapped by KB

Fun stat: Spiking the ball away was more efficient than tgting Benjamin. No. Im not joking.

If Buffalo’s quarterbacks had spiked the ball rather than throwing to Kelvin Benjamin on all of his targets, they would have improved their passer rating. Buffalo’s quarterbacks have a passer rating of 28.2 when targeting Benjamin, which is lower than a quarterback’s passer rating on spiked balls (39.6)

Of 115-qualifying wide receivers, Benjamin ranks worst in passer rating when targeted, worst in catch percentage (39.2%), worst in interceptions on targeted passes (6), and fourth-worst in drop rate (16.7%).

And yes, we know Allen aint a passer, but thats not really on him, by comparison the Rookie when he took over?

Doesnt mean LJs not the better QB long term. Just an observation on 2018.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,063.60
Both guys put themselves at risk by running so much.
Hence, Im gonna factor in injury risk.
LJ has a better pocket game right now, and looks to me to have more patience and presence there.
So when the inevitable occurs, and they lose some of their leg juice, LJ is farther ahead of JA IMO, and will have the better career. A guys gotta live in the pocket eventually.
Love both of them as FF prospects right now, for the obvious reason.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 23,782.07
OarChambo wrote:Allen could have a better career and still suck, so this question is unintentionally not a good one.

It's still getting conversation going on this board.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,063.60
phixxation wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Allen could have a better career and still suck, so this question is unintentionally not a good one.

And showing up is half of the job,
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,508.48
Cadence calls wrote:
phixxation wrote:

And showing up is half of the job,

That's what I say when I show up to work and someone asks how I'm doing.