2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,720.20
Elmagister wrote:Vjax improved every year you to give breakout, and was sharing a football with a couple other good receivers in Gates and Tomlinson.

Agreed. I snagged him very late in my dyno as a rookie when I was great (Most everyone else was just lazy and/or bad).
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,292.08
tsbgrayghost wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Vjax improved every year you to give breakout, and was sharing a football with a couple other good receivers in Gates and Tomlinson.

Agreed. I snagged him very late in my dyno as a rookie when I was great (Most everyone else was just lazy and/or bad).

Just realized this is actually Parker's 5th year in the NFL.. which puts him in a much less illustrious group of receivers.

I'd say that Parker had Jarvis Landry to compete with for targets in his first 2 years, and the QB play up to this point has been a far bit less than Philip Rivers/Drew Brees.

But historically, 5th year breakouts almost all had to rise up from late round picks/UDFA's and finally emerged once they were given an opportunity (Doug Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders-- who was behind Mike Wallace and AB).

Maybe he's a WR3 this season if Rosen turns out to be a QB upgrade, but you can probably get higher upside receivers at his ADP

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,154.38
The only reason to have remote hope with Parker is that Gase may have played it wrong in his management of him and Parker rediscovers who he is under a new HC.

Other than that, all the arguments that apply to Drake and the other WRs apply to Parker too. I.e more controlled and prolonged drives with less emphasis (desperate hope) in chunk plays.

Great White Shark
Btw, anyone have some Dynasty Sleepers they wouldn't mind talking about?

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 958.02
TheJayCutlers wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:I don't think you guys know how off season hype trains work.

Fantasy people have no sense of humour.

To keep it going, what about Brandon Lloyd? Was he a fourth year breakout?

I'm gonna start the Darren Waller hype train here for the bazillionth time as well.

Now Erik Swoope is signing with Oakland and now I'm driving another hype train
Great White Shark
TheJayCutlers wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:I'm gonna start the Darren Waller hype train here for the bazillionth time as well.

How does a guy as athletic and productive as Waller get 0 hype?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,720.20
TheJayCutlers wrote:I don't think you guys know how off season hype trains work.

I bought some shares...

Sooo many shares. :(
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,276.20
TheJayCutlers wrote:And Gabriel and Arob can be jettisoned next year with minimal cap consequences.

Re: 2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

jamcutpost wrote:- 2020 class of WRs is about as prodigious as its been since 2014

Im w/Griff. I do like the player. He could have a breakout.

But its also fair to say 2019 is something of a "make or break" year for Miller.

26yo players who can put up over 750yds every season when they play 10 games or more, w/either Bortles, Gabbert or Trubisky?

I like Miller, but this isnt a defence or crutch id lean heavily on.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:I'm gonna start the Darren Waller hype train here for the bazillionth time as well.

Thats a train im happy to hitch a ride on

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:He doesn't contest catches, runs bad routes, struggles with health.

Ref: Parker

Hes a player ive been happy to see on the opposing team for the past 4yrs.

Could he get better? Sure

Is that because his bar is set so low? Probably

If by breakout, we mean he defies expectations for him? A new QB & OC could mean that for him.

If we mean Breakout as in a top player at the position? Ill let someone else take that dart while i go Miller or elsewhere

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:Btw, anyone have some Dynasty Sleepers they wouldn't mind talking about?

Vontaze Burfict Award (Players with million dollar ability & 10c heads): Joint winners. Preston Williams, WR MIA & Alize Mack ,TE NOS
Axl Rose Award (Because you'll need a little Patience): Qadree Ollison, RB ATL
Wes Welker Award (Players who need a change of circumstance for FF relevance): Justin Watson, WR TBB
Ringo Award (Because everyone only talks about the "more" talented ones): Josh Oliver, TE JAX
Terrell Davis Award (RBs who shouldve been drafted higher): Darwin Thompson, RB KCC
Black Sabbath Award (Player most likely going through [positional] Changes): Jalen Hurd, SFO
Wally Pip Award (Player most likely to beat out the more "named" player): Keesean Johnson, WR ARI
Ryan Reynolds Award (He's Buried. You might not find him.): Scott Miller, TBB

- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 111,977.58
Elmagister wrote:He doesn't contest catches, runs bad routes, struggles with health.

Yep, he's just charmin soft.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,154.38
TheJayCutlers wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

I'm gonna start the Darren Waller hype train here for the bazillionth time as well.

Where is Jeff Janis playing these days?

Sand$: 111,977.58
jamcutpost wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Btw, anyone have some Dynasty Sleepers they wouldn't mind talking about?

Vontaze Burfict Award (Players with million dollar ability & 10c heads): Joint winners. Preston Williams, WR MIA & Alize Mack ,TE NOS
Wes Welker Award (Players who need a change of circumstance for FF relevance): Justin Watson, WR TBB
Ringo Award (Because everyone only talks about the "more" talented ones): Josh Oliver, TE JAX
Terrell Davis Award (RBs who shouldve been drafted higher): Darwin Thompson, RB KCC
Black Sabbath Award (Player most likely going through [positional] Changes): Jalen Hurd, SFO
Wally Pip Award (Player most likely to beat out the more "named" player): Keesean Johnson, WR ARI

Echo on Darwin and Mack, but not Preston nor Miller.
I think Ollison is going to become more popular once we get to August. He doesn't have any 'wow' in his game, but I think he has better skill as a runner than every non-Freeman back in Atlanta. Pass game though. No clue. Pittsburgh couldn't pass, so they didn't try.
Open minded on Watson and Oliver.
Close minded on Hurd.
Somewhere in between on Johnson.
Megalodon
Sand$: 27,640.57
jamcutpost wrote:

Love the award names.
Vontaze Burfict Award (Players with million dollar ability & 10c heads) . :lol:

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)