2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,422.36
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Maybe his name wasn't James Harrison, it's all fuzzy thinking back. Browns RB who went on a tear for a year while Hillis was down.

League winner, Jerome Harrison

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,258.80
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Maybe his name wasn't James Harrison, it's all fuzzy thinking back. Browns RB who went on a tear for a year while Hillis was down.

Jerome Harrison?

edit Zuggy beat me to it
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,893.10
Jerome! Helped me to my best fantasy season ever.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,377.62
Ronald Jones has apparently been looking good so far, but maybe it’s just coach-speak like we always get this time of year.

What’s the tanks take on him turning it around this year?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,301.34
I'm not a believer. Wasn't last year and don't think it'll change.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 52,060.63
jdferguson07 wrote:Ronald Jones has apparently been looking good so far, but maybe it’s just coach-speak like we always get this time of year.

The thing that gives me some hope is that he is impressing as a pass catcher.
Great White Shark
unimsw wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Ronald Jones has apparently been looking good so far, but maybe it’s just coach-speak like we always get this time of year.

The thing that gives me some hope is that he is impressing as a pass catcher.

I'm completely out of RoJo at his current price. He's still just a lotto ticket, imo but people are starting to ask for serious cheddar for him because of this training camp buzz.

Some other names that have been picking up steam.

Dante Pettis, Damien Williams, Ryquell Armstead

Sand$: 112,605.28
If we're talking dyno, RoJo isn't much different now than when all the bad stuff starting flowing out last summer - he's a hold. Sure, his market value is higher now than any other time going back to last July, but it still isn't anywhere near his draft day cost. And his situation isn't much different than then - success is in the range of potential outcomes and probably at comparable percentages. Remember, he's still just 21 years old. What happened last year could be no more complicated than he just wasn't ready. So, if you valued him at X then I see no reason he shouldn't be valued at X now.

Redraft? Can't comment. I don't redraft until August. You psychos that are diving in that pool now...good luck.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:If we're talking dyno, RoJo isn't much different now than when all the bad stuff starting flowing out last summer - he's a hold. Sure, his market value is higher now than any other time going back to last July, but it still isn't anywhere near his draft day cost. And his situation isn't much different than then - success is in the range of potential outcomes and probably at comparable percentages. Remember, he's still just 21 years old. What happened last year could be no more complicated than he just wasn't ready. So, if you valued him at X then I see no reason he shouldn't be valued at X now.

Redraft? Can't comment. I don't redraft until August. You psychos that are diving in that pool now...good luck.

I'd say Rojo was always an overrated prospect who's success will always be deeply intertwined with the strength of his O-line's run blocking. The only reason I have some semblance of interest in him is draft capital, and while I believe Peyton Barber is a vastly superior RB he's also an UDFA with the 2020 RB class looming-- he's a lost cost proposition for Dynasty. Even if Barber wins the job and does well there's still a good chance he's replaced next season. If Rojo finds a way to have success there, they likely won't invest high draft capital in a RB in 2020.

Changing gears, anyone care to share their thoughts on Dante Pettis? I never liked him as a prospect, but there was an interesting Reddit thread debating him vs Christian Kirk-- Whom I have rated several tiers higher. I'm open to being wrong here, but would like to get other people's thoughts on it

Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,290.10
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:If we're talking dyno, RoJo isn't much different now than when all the bad stuff starting flowing out last summer - he's a hold. Sure, his market value is higher now than any other time going back to last July, but it still isn't anywhere near his draft day cost. And his situation isn't much different than then - success is in the range of potential outcomes and probably at comparable percentages. Remember, he's still just 21 years old. What happened last year could be no more complicated than he just wasn't ready. So, if you valued him at X then I see no reason he shouldn't be valued at X now.

I'd say Rojo was always an overrated prospect who's success will always be deeply intertwined with the strength of his O-line's run blocking. The only reason I have some semblance of interest in him is draft capital, and while I believe Peyton Barber is a vastly superior RB he's also an UDFA with the 2020 RB class looming-- he's a lost cost proposition for Dynasty. Even if Barber wins the job and does well there's still a good chance he's replaced next season. If Rojo finds a way to have success there, they likely won't invest high draft capital in a RB in 2020.

Changing gears, anyone care to share their thoughts on Dante Pettis? I never liked him as a prospect, but there was an interesting Reddit thread debating him vs Christian Kirk-- Whom I have rated several tiers higher. I'm open to being wrong here, but would like to get other people's thoughts on it

dante pettis put up nice numbers down the stretch but garapolo was not the qb,we do know that garapolo had a thing with another wr on the team that his season derailed by injuries as well last yr
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,515.14
Jags signed Pryor. I'd say Cole's job is in danger for that WR5 spot. Pryor also brings size to our group, something we don't have
Sand$: 41,517.75
Markulous wrote:Jags signed Pryor. I'd say Cole's job is in danger for that WR5 spot. Pryor also brings size to our group, something we don't have

That's what I thought when he signed with the Jets a couple years ago

I never heard the entire story but from what I can guess, he seems like an entitled jerk and locker room cancer.

Good luck!

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Sand$: 112,605.28
endzoneview wrote:an entitled jerk and locker room cancer.

Been that way since age 17. And probably earlier too.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,515.14
endzoneview wrote:
Markulous wrote:Jags signed Pryor. I'd say Cole's job is in danger for that WR5 spot. Pryor also brings size to our group, something we don't have

That's what I thought when he signed with the Jets a couple years ago

I never heard the entire story but from what I can guess, he seems like an entitled jerk and locker room cancer.

Good luck!

We shall see if he even makes the roster. Our top 4 WRs are set in stone unless Lee has injury complications
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,191.90
Ref: Pryor.

Yet another downfield guy.

Given Lee's record w/health & the strengths/ weaknesses of the receiving depth chart, i can only hope theyre deliberately ignoring the shorter game and its lack of depth behind Lee for schematic reasons.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams