Sand$: 42,440.87
Its weird how hopeful I am after this hire compared to how embarrassing and distraught I was a month ago. This is life as a Jets fan.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,743.28
endzoneview wrote:Its weird how hopeful I am

Agreed. Darnold is trash, I’d rather have Carr, and I hate Carr.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,894.00

:)
I wasn’t a huge fan of either too, especially the Edoga pick. This isn’t a direct quote though, just a beat writer guess.

Everything I’ve read about Joe Douglas has been overwhelming positive. The fact that he got a 6 year deal gives him two shots - one with Gase and one with a coach of his choice. I’m looking forward to the next 4-5 seasons.

#NewJackCity
“The hunt never stops for players. We have the No. 3 claim in the waiver order. We’re going to use that to our advantage. We’re going to comb every waiver wire that comes out,” Douglas said. “The draft and unrestricted free agency are some of the highlighted avenues, but I think there’s many more. We’re excited to get together in training camp, we’re going to go through every waiver wire comes out, when we get to training camp we can’t wait to start evaluating these preseason games.”

Using the waiver wire seems like a fairly obvious tool to utilize but it feels like most of our previous GMs shied away from using it because they gave preferential treatment to ‘their’ guys and not the best guy. This goes all the way back to Tannebaum keeping Joe McKnight over Danny Woodhead. I’ve seen plenty of solid players get claimed over the years by teams with a lower priority than the Jets.

#NewJackCity

#important to no one else but me

#NewJackCity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,039.62
13 pages....pathetic.

They hired Gase for cryin out loud?!

Thats way worse than trading Mack. Amirite?
endzoneview wrote:“The hunt never stops for players. We have the No. 3 claim in the waiver order. We’re going to use that to our advantage. We’re going to comb every waiver wire that comes out,” Douglas said. “The draft and unrestricted free agency are some of the highlighted avenues, but I think there’s many more. We’re excited to get together in training camp, we’re going to go through every waiver wire comes out, when we get to training camp we can’t wait to start evaluating these preseason games.”

Using the waiver wire seems like a fairly obvious tool to utilize but it feels like most of our previous GMs shied away from using it because they gave preferential treatment to ‘their’ guys and not the best guy. This goes all the way back to Tannebaum keeping Joe McKnight over Danny Woodhead. I’ve seen plenty of solid players get claimed over the years by teams with a lower priority than the Jets.

wasting no time

Jets claimed CB Montrel Meander off waivers.

Any corner with a pulse needs to be claimed.

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,191.90
endzoneview wrote:I wasn’t a huge fan of either too, especially the Edoga pick.

Im a fan of both the picks. Both good value where they went.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
perhaps but just looking at the players and culture fit, I question both. (Polite off the field stuff, Edoga on the field stuff)

Polite at least has the talent. I don't know what Mac saw in Edoga and his track record in the draft makes me question it even more. We shall see.

#NewJackCity
endzoneview wrote:
endzoneview wrote:“The hunt never stops for players. We have the No. 3 claim in the waiver order. We’re going to use that to our advantage. We’re going to comb every waiver wire that comes out,” Douglas said. “The draft and unrestricted free agency are some of the highlighted avenues, but I think there’s many more. We’re excited to get together in training camp, we’re going to go through every waiver wire comes out, when we get to training camp we can’t wait to start evaluating these preseason games.”

wasting no time

Jets claimed CB Montrel Meander off waivers.

Any corner with a pulse needs to be claimed.

At least our new GM recognized the Jets biggest need and is doing something about it. Baby steps but I'll take it. I HATED our corner depth and was flummoxed they didn't address it in the draft.

#NewJackCity