One Team Per Answer

Megalodon
Sand$: 43,688.26
Markulous wrote:Lots of votes for Worst to First for the Jags. I wish I could be that optimistic about them. I really hope you guys are right. I'm just expecting a 7-9/8-8 type season with Foles being a clear upgrade from Bortles but ultimately not being enough to get our offense in sync.

When you look at worst to first, it's 7 teams that were bad, and one a year removed from the AFC championship.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,965.28
Cowtipper19 wrote:Overrated: Rams
Underrated: Vikings
Will Improve: Falcons
Will Regress: Chiefs
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: Steelers
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: Packers
Most likely first to worst: Ravens
Most likely worst to first: Bengals

Bengals????
Sand$: 40,680.95
I just like that someone said the Jets will be the most overrated. A projected 7 win team will be the most overrated. They'd have to only win 2 games this year. Not saying they wouldn't be up to the challenge, but damn. :lol:
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,622.66
und2006 wrote:
Markulous wrote:Lots of votes for Worst to First for the Jags. I wish I could be that optimistic about them. I really hope you guys are right. I'm just expecting a 7-9/8-8 type season with Foles being a clear upgrade from Bortles but ultimately not being enough to get our offense in sync.

When you look at worst to first, it's 7 teams that were bad, and one a year removed from the AFC championship.

Yeah, I get it. And Jags have lots of talent on defense and what looks like an offense that should be better than we've had for a minute. I am just biased and feel like this team is going to let me down again.
SandShark
Sand$: 324.74
Overrated: Eagles
Underrated: Chargers
Will Improve: Jacksonville
Will Regress: Texans
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: Ravens
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: Browns
Most likely first to worst: Texans
Most likely worst to first: Jacksonville
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,965.28
Overrated: Chargers
Underrated: Jets
Will Improve: Cards
Will Regress: Dallas
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: Ravens
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: Steelers
Most likely first to worst: Texans
Most likely worst to first: Jacksonville
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,672.86
Overrated: GB
Underrated: TEN
Will Improve: CLE
Will Regress: NYJ
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: SEA
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: ATL
Most likely first to worst: HOU
Most likely worst to first: ARI

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Sand$: 113,901.82
Overrated: JAX, this isn't an average NFL team, it's one on the brink of implosion. I thought about the Jets because Gase/Greggggg is gonna be a trainwreck, but perhaps Darnold can overcome his coaching enough so the season isn't a total disaster.

Underrated: CIN, second lowest win total o/u by a team that's won at least 6 games each of the last 8 years and retained all of their key personnel. Taylor is obviously a wildcard, but they're nowhere near the bottom 5 of the leeg. Not right now anyway.

Will Improve: GB, the Rodgers/LaFluer relationship dictates how much things improve, but the subtraction of McCarthy will at least net a positive...for at least a while anyway. Trust Pettine with the defense. Was tough deciding between them and PHI.

Will Regress: Rams, I think they still win their division but the rooster isn't as strong and I think there will be more answers to McVay's offense - it isn't gonna be an easy year but they peak at the right time

Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: SEA, only so much Wilson can do when handcuffed by one of the leeg's worst OC's and a defense that continued getting worse this offseason.

Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: I'm not gonna jinx it, but I'm also not gonna answer.

Most likely first to worst: HOU, so many holes on the rooster and trouble at the top of the org but to achieve it they'd have to be worse than JAX so I doubt this actually happens.

Most likely worst to first: if I had to say one it's Tampa - if anyone is gonna get Jameis to pay attention it's Arians. Doubt it happens, but better chance than others.
endzoneview wrote:I just like that someone said the Jets will be the most overrated. A projected 7 win team will be the most overrated. They'd have to only win 2 games this year. Not saying they wouldn't be up to the challenge, but damn. :lol:

They're in the same range as Carolina, SF, Tennessee, and Jacksonville. I think those first three are in a much better standing than the Jags and Jets. I'm more confused about them being listed as a 'most likely to regress.'

Ultimately the team with the biggest gap between preseason win o/u and actual is probably going to be one that suffers a series of key injuries/suspensions. If you can tell me who that is I'd love to know, so I can prepare accordingly.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,217.50
Overrated: Baltimore Ravens
Underrated: Indianapolis Colts
Will Improve: Dallas Cowboys
Will Regress: Tennessee Titans
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: Seattle Seahawks
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: Green Bay Packers
Most likely first to worst: As far as divisions go? That's tough. Houston Texans I guess.
Most likely worst to first: Also tough. Jacksonville Jaguars the most logical worst in the division to first in the division team.

Deep Crimson
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,622.66
OarChambo wrote:Overrated: JAX, this isn't an average NFL team, it's one on the brink of implosion. I thought about the Jets because Gase/Greggggg is gonna be a trainwreck, but perhaps Darnold can overcome his coaching enough so the season isn't a total disaster.

Underrated: CIN, second lowest win total o/u by a team that's won at least 6 games each of the last 8 years and retained all of their key personnel. Taylor is obviously a wildcard, but they're nowhere near the bottom 5 of the leeg. Not right now anyway.

Will Improve: GB, the Rodgers/LaFluer relationship dictates how much things improve, but the subtraction of McCarthy will at least net a positive...for at least a while anyway. Trust Pettine with the defense. Was tough deciding between them and PHI.

Will Regress: Rams, I think they still win their division but the rooster isn't as strong and I think there will be more answers to McVay's offense - it isn't gonna be an easy year but they peak at the right time

Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: SEA, only so much Wilson can do when handcuffed by one of the leeg's worst OC's and a defense that continued getting worse this offseason.

Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: I'm not gonna jinx it, but I'm also not gonna answer.

Most likely first to worst: HOU, so many holes on the rooster and trouble at the top of the org but to achieve it they'd have to be worse than JAX so I doubt this actually happens.

Most likely worst to first: if I had to say one it's Tampa - if anyone is gonna get Jameis to pay attention it's Arians. Doubt it happens, but better chance than others.

There we go, first person to say Jags are overrated. I am excited for football, but I think we're in for a very mediocre year, just hopefully good enough to blow up this FO.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,806.98
Markulous wrote:There we go, first person to say Jags are overrated. I am excited for football, but I think we're in for a very mediocre year, just hopefully good enough to blow up this FO.

I'd say the Jags are the worst team in the AFC South by a fair margin.

When I put you guys as the most likely to go from worst to first... it says a lot more about how I feel about the other teams than it does about the Jags :D

Ngakuekamamberelasue is holding out.
Telvin Smith is taking a break.
I can already see Ramsey checking out for the season if you guys have a bad start.

That defense is going to regress in a big way, and your offense is still not great.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,264.26
Overrated: OAK (If JAX is in this category, after the myriad of FA moves & plethora of picks OAK have made, they can qualify
Underrated: LAC (as usual)
Improve: TBB (Hard not to go Bills, but TBB had the worse record last year. Just. GBP was the only other team id consider)
Regress: LAR (If only because theres nowhere else to go, but down & even Whitworth cant fight old man time forever)
Playoffs ‘18, Miss ‘19: BAL (O migth step up, but might not. Lots of changes to the D leave room for regression)
Miss ‘18, Playoffs ‘19: PIT (Losing AB is not ideal, but that PIT O isnt impotent. They might have finally fixed that LB spot)
First to worst: BAL (see earlier answer - thats a close Div. CLE got much better, PIT will be there, thereabouts & Bengals had a bad year - will CIN suck twice? B2B? Dont know, but with so many changes in BAL in a competitive div, they could have company this year if there are "growing pains" on either side of the ball).
Worst to first: NYJ (It'll depend on Gase, but the roster is good enough on O & D and - realistically, as ever - only have to be beating one team to win the div)
Last edited by jamcutpost on Wed 06.19.2019, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Jam, Jacksonville's o/u is about 8, depending on where you look. I was blown away when I saw that. I wasnt expecting to list them as over rated, but if their set baseline is leeg average I will.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,264.26
OarChambo wrote:Jam, Jacksonville's o/u is about 8, depending on where you look. I was blown away when I saw that. I wasnt expecting to list them as over rated, but if their set baseline is leeg average I will.

Yeah, the way to read that isnt me having a problem with JAX being in the mix - Only me getting ahead of anyone saying "Whut, Raiders overrated?!" :)

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams