2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 78,839.88
PigskinPete22 wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:duke johnson gets traded to tampon bay

My Pick is Dallas..and not till week 7-8.

They just drafted a guy who is almost exactly like him, add in zeke, I don’t see that happening.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,264.26
rugger48 wrote:
PigskinPete22 wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:duke johnson gets traded to tampon bay

My Pick is Dallas..and not till week 7-8.

They just drafted a guy who is almost exactly like him, add in zeke, I don’t see that happening.

+1

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,897.15
mstrbass2000 wrote:jameis winston,trey quinn,tyler lockette,robbie anderson,cj anderson,rashad penny,duke johnson,noah fant

Getting back on topic:

Not sure if Robbie is a breakout/sleeper. He's already broken/woken, no?

Same with Duke - but what concerns (if any) do you have with Hunt potentially coming online during the season?

Penny - What do you think of Carson? You think Penny somehow takes over?

Lockette - Definitely broke out last year, you think he maintains and puts up similar numbers? Or do you think he goes up another level and jumps into the top 10?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,727.54
NautArch wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:jameis winston,trey quinn,tyler lockette,robbie anderson,cj anderson,rashad penny,duke johnson,noah fant

Getting back on topic:

Not sure if Robbie is a breakout/sleeper. He's already broken/woken, no? robbie has shown flashes here and there but not a full blown breakout,had a great end to the yr 2018 though (last few games)

Same with Duke - but what concerns (if any) do you have with Hunt potentially coming online during the season?i basing this on him getting traded to tampa bay whom has a huge need at rb

Penny - What do you think of Carson? You think Penny somehow takes over? heavy run team,bigger work load after avg over 5 yds a carry plus carson just had recent surgery that could slow him down,also risk of injury going forward

Lockette - Definitely broke out last year, you think he maintains and puts up similar numbers? Or do you think he goes up another level and jumps into the top 10?
i think lockett becomes a true wr1 took a step in 2018 but with baldwin all the way gone now he emerges top 15

just a few guys that could fully breakout ,will have more thoughts and players to add as the pre season begins as always
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,711.76
Tampa does not have a huge need at RB.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,897.15
mstrbass2000 wrote:
NautArch wrote:

Getting back on topic:

Not sure if Robbie is a breakout/sleeper. He's already broken/woken, no? robbie has shown flashes here and there but not a full blown breakout,had a great end to the yr 2018 though (last few games)

Same with Duke - but what concerns (if any) do you have with Hunt potentially coming online during the season?i basing this on him getting traded to tampa bay whom has a huge need at rb

Penny - What do you think of Carson? You think Penny somehow takes over? heavy run team,bigger work load after avg over 5 yds a carry plus carson just had recent surgery that could slow him down,also risk of injury going forward

i think lockett becomes a true wr1 took a step in 2018 but with baldwin all the way gone now he emerges top 15

just a few guys that could fully breakout ,will have more thoughts and players to add as the pre season begins as always

Carson's injury risk is a concern - but my gut is that people will draft penny first. ANd god bless'em. I'll pick up Carson later and ride that boy until he gets hurt :)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,806.98
mstrbass2000 wrote:
NautArch wrote:

Getting back on topic:

Big Lockett fan. He broke out last year on insane efficiency which many people are going to expect to regress. Talk in camp is that he'll take over a bit of the Doug Baldwin role, and that he's very clearly the #1 for Russell Wilson. So I expect some of that efficiency regression to be offset by increased target volume. Last year, he acted as more of a deep threat even when Baldwin was injured, but one of the reasons for that was that he was clearly the best deep threat on the team. With the additions of DK, and Gary Jennings there will be interesting alternatives in that role, freeing him up for the higher volume routes.

Gary Jennings is also a decent sleeper in rookie Dynasty drafts. Everyone is penciling in DK, but Jennings is an athletic freak himself (2nd highest sparq-x score in this draft) and had himself a decent career despite David Sills getting most of the fanfare.

I'm also back on the Diontae Johnson is underrated train. His team mate Cody Thompson also has a chance to emerge in KC.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 266.96
RONALD JONES
RB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Jameis Winston said second-year RB Ronald Jones has been "showing out" at OTAs.
"His confidence, his comfort, RoJo's a smart guy," Winston continued. "He's getting comfortable in this offense. No one is breathing down his neck. He's more relaxed and executing at a high level." If anything, the Bucs injected some confidence into Jones by doing nothing at running back in either free agency or the draft aside from signing pass-catcher Andre Ellington, who was out of the league in 2018. Jones and Peyton Barber remain atop the depth chart. There's a reason Jones was a second-round pick last year. Maybe he'll be able to show us why in 2019.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
May 29, 2019, 9:44 AM ET

RONALD JONES
RB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Bucs GM Jason Licht said Ronald Jones is the player who has impressed the new coaching staff the most this spring.
A second-round pick last year, Jones was an abject disaster as a rookie, gaining just 77 yards on 30 touches while taking a backseat to both Peyton Barber and Jacquizz Rodgers. It would be foolish to write Jones off after one season, but any offseason love should be taken with a grain of salt. After what Jones showed last year, it would not be surprising if the Bucs add another back in the draft.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Apr 16, 2019, 12:12 PM ET
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,727.54
enter duke johnson shortly imo
Megalodon
NautArch wrote:Carson's injury risk is a concern - but my gut is that people will draft penny first. ANd god bless'em. I'll pick up Carson later and ride that boy until he gets hurt again :)

ftfy

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Whenever i hear about "Munchausen by proxy", this is the image i get.

Can anyone photoshop this so i can relate to the KC story again?

- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 40,680.95
NBC Sports Bay Area reports Dante Pettis "turned the right heads at 49ers minicamp last week."

"Dante’s body is maturing," Jimmy Garoppolo said. "He’s coming out of breaks with power, he has speed. It doesn’t look like he’s moving very fast but really is. ... He’s different than most guys running." Where Garoppolo praised Pettis' physical improvement, coach Kyle Shanahan noted it on the mental side. "He worked more at his routes and he came here with the idea of ‘Hey, I’m not just coming here to get better back in shape, I’m coming here to get better.’" Sophomore Pettis could emerge as the No. 1 option in the 49ers' up-for-grabs receiver corps.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,965.28
endzoneview wrote:
NBC Sports Bay Area reports Dante Pettis "turned the right heads at 49ers minicamp last week."

"Dante’s body is maturing," Jimmy Garoppolo said. "He’s coming out of breaks with power, he has speed. It doesn’t look like he’s moving very fast but really is. ... He’s different than most guys running." Where Garoppolo praised Pettis' physical improvement, coach Kyle Shanahan noted it on the mental side. "He worked more at his routes and he came here with the idea of ‘Hey, I’m not just coming here to get better back in shape, I’m coming here to get better.’" Sophomore Pettis could emerge as the No. 1 option in the 49ers' up-for-grabs receiver corps.

Gucci Garop sounds like a perv.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,806.98
Pettis is a guy I've really warmed up to since the beginning of this thread.

RoJo is another big riser for me. Nelson Sousa brought up some interesting insider info about RoJo last offseason. Apparently the kid thought he "had arrived" after being an early 2nd round pick and player personnel inside the Bucs organization thought his rookie year would be a lost season (Dude, just didn't get "it").

If that's the case, it's certainly possible all of this rah rah off-season hype has some merit to it. I can't imagine he had an over-inflated ego after the kind of rookie season he had last year... and he certainly looked good at USC.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 40,680.95
hawkdogger wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Gucci Garop sounds like a perv.

:lol: