Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,382.16
Budmonsan wrote:
mattbbpl wrote:I can't fault the guy for going for it. I wouldn't condemn him for leaving in pursuit of it, either.

Who’s that?

Michael Thomas
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,822.34
I think I’d have to go with Evans to add to that top 5.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,692.56
rugger48 wrote:I think I’d have to go with Evans to add to that top 5.

I knew I was forgetting someone. I think I bump AB for him, but it's a tough call.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,822.34
Elmagister wrote:

I knew I was forgetting someone. I think I bump AB for him, but it's a tough call.

Ya, I think I couldnt make a choice and just go with top 6. Hard to bump anybody from that group.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,358.28
Elmagister wrote:

The only way I would bump AB for Evans is if I'm thinking dynasty value due to age, not real world skill.

But those 6 are all very good. It's always interesting, to me, which WRs blow up and become studs. Some are just foregone conclusions based on athletic ability (Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones), but I think OBJ, Nuk, Thomas, and AB didn't possess visible indicators of success, they just became great WRs. Obviously they had talent and athletic ability, but I'm not sure what separated them from the many many WRs that busted.
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,858.04
Cyguy84 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

The only way I would bump AB for Evans is if I'm thinking dynasty value due to age, not real world skill.

But those 6 are all very good. It's always interesting, to me, which WRs blow up and become studs. Some are just foregone conclusions based on athletic ability (Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones), but I think OBJ, Nuk, Thomas, and AB didn't possess visible indicators of success, they just became great WRs. Obviously they had talent and athletic ability, but I'm not sure what separated them from the many many WRs that busted.

OBJ was a stud to me. He was so smooth and made it look so easy. I dont remember AB in college. Biggest suprise for me was Nuk...i didnt think he would be anywhere close to where he is now.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,009.72
obj, nuk, and thomas had plenty of indicators of success. there is a reason they were drafted where they were.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:obj, nuk, and thomas had plenty of indicators of success. there is a reason they were drafted where they were.

But sometimes they turn into Kevin White

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,009.72
and the calvins and julios sometimes turn into sammy watkins or michael crabtree.

i'm not picking up what cy is putting down.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
nuk had 1521 yds and 11 TDs with Hoyer, Weeden and Yates. That's like another level good.
Supreme Megalodon
Everyone outside of AB we're first round picks and had outstanding athletic profiles. They weren't surprises.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Everyone outside of AB we're first round picks and had outstanding athletic profiles. They weren't surprises.

Not quite...look where Michael Thomas was drafted. He slipped through the cracks.

47th pick. 6th wr off the board

Supreme Megalodon
Thank you. I stand corrected.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,358.28
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Everyone outside of AB we're first round picks and had outstanding athletic profiles. They weren't surprises.

Not quite...look where Michael Thomas was drafted. He slipped through the cracks.

47th pick. 6th wr off the board

OBJ was clearly an exception from what I was saying. He was drafted #12, third WR after Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans, so he was destined for greatness too.

But for the rest of them, as I said, none of them lacked athletic ability. But what differentiated them from the WRs drafted ahead of them?

AB - drafted in 2010 at #195 (6th round!), behind 21 other WR.
Thomas - drafted in 2016 at #47, behind Corey Coleman (#15), Will Fuller (#21), Josh Doctson (#22), Laquon Treadwell (#23), and Sterling Shepart (#40)

Hopkins - drafted in 2013 at #27, behind Tavon Austin (#8) and just ahead of Cordarrell Patterson (#29)

While Hopkins was the second WR taken, he fell to #27 -- if there were plenty of indicators that he would succeed, why did he fall so far? There must have been even more indicators that the following would succeed:
2015 - Kevin White (#7), DeVante Parker (#14), Nelson Agholor (#20), Breshad Perriman (#26)
2012 - Justin Blackmon (#5), Michael Floyd (#13), Kendall Wright (#20)
Supreme Megalodon
He was taken in the first round, Cy. The rest of your post is a bunch of white noise.

You're not mentioning college production, measurables, etc. You're going on about other teams taking other receivers in different drafts. What?