Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,709.52
Only 3 NFL running backs averaged 70+ rushing YPG and 40+ receiving YPG in 2018: 1. Todd Gurley 2. Saquon Barkley 3. Melvin Gordon Of those 3, Gordon was the ONLY one who averaged MORE than 6.0 yards per TOUCH

Field Yates
‏Verified account @FieldYates
7h7 hours ago

Field Yates Retweeted Adam Schefter

Since 2016, Melvin Gordon’s production:
* 28 rushing TD, T-2nd most in the NFL
* 10 receiving TD, T-4th most amongst RB
* 38 TD from scrimmage, 2nd most in the NFL

A versatile, workhorse back. Will be interesting to see how LA values the RB position in this case.
Great White Shark
Sports Info Solutions
‏ @SportsInfo_SIS
7h7 hours ago

Chargers RB Melvin Gordon 2018 ranks
- 2nd in broken tackle percentage (24%)
- 5th in yards after contact per rush (3.2)
- 11th in % of runs resulting in first down (26%)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,777.92
Was really confused why so many said he was "good not great".

Other than injury concern???
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,858.04
tsbgrayghost wrote:Was really confused why so many said he was "good not great".

Other than injury concern???

Same here...looking at his stats i could see why though. Watching him play is another thing...hes easily top 5 in my book.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Duke Johnson RB, Cleveland Browns
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio calls the Bucs a "team to watch" for Duke Johnson.

The Bucs certainly have one of the league's weakest backfields. There's a strong case to be made that it's the worst. Whether it actually is will depend on the sophomore progress of rookie flop Ronald Jones. Bucs coach Bruce Arians has typically preferred a one-man backfield, though he did recently unearth ex-Cardinals pass-catching back Andre Ellington, who was one of Arians' first draft picks in the desert.

ps maybe gordon trade to texans ??? would make em a true contender and they have plenty of cap space to take on gordon
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 240.51
As a dynasty M. Gordon owner what future draft pick would you be willing to trade to secure Ekeler onto your roster.

Flip side, if you owned Ekeler what would it take to move him?

PPR
QB: Goff (LAR), Foles (JAX)
WR: Jones (ATL), Kirk (ARI), Westbrook (JAX), Goodwin (SF), Williams (OAK), Crowder (NYJ), Thomas
RB: Kamara (NO), Gordon (LAC), Freeman (ATL), Smith (ATL), Hyde (KC), McGuire (NYJ), Bernard
TE: Hooper (ATL), Graham (GB)
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,692.56
IceZombie21 wrote:As a dynasty M. Gordon owner what future draft pick would you be willing to trade to secure Ekeler onto your roster.

Flip side, if you owned Ekeler what would it take to move him?

I'd be happy to get a 2nd for him. I wouldn't bother trading for him, depending on my roster. He's complimentary, not a handcuff.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,822.34
mstrbass2000 wrote:Duke Johnson RB, Cleveland Browns
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio calls the Bucs a "team to watch" for Duke Johnson.

The Bucs certainly have one of the league's weakest backfields. There's a strong case to be made that it's the worst. Whether it actually is will depend on the sophomore progress of rookie flop Ronald Jones. Bucs coach Bruce Arians has typically preferred a one-man backfield, though he did recently unearth ex-Cardinals pass-catching back Andre Ellington, who was one of Arians' first draft picks in the desert.

ps maybe gordon trade to texans ??? would make em a true contender and they have plenty of cap space to take on gordon

They don’t want to pay Clowney, I doubt they want to pay an good not great rb.
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,842.92
That paid Lamar Miller

Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:That paid Lamar Miller

I’m pretty sure Gordon’s looking for more than what millers getting paid. also another reason they won’t trade for Gordon.
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,842.92
Miller's contract was pretty good when he signed it. Not as good as Brock's right enough.

Texans seem happy to pay up.

I will make the long shot call that Henry and Gordon trade places next year.

Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Miller's contract was pretty good when he signed it. Not as good as Brock's right enough.

Texans seem happy to pay up.

I will make the long shot call that Henry and Gordon trade places next year.

They traded Duane brown because they didn’t want to pay him , they won’t pay Clowney. Gm was fired because the coach doesn’t want to pay Clowney and the gm did.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:

clowney is good but not great with huge injury concerns,you think its wise to pay this guy 20 million a yr ??? as far as gordon goes he better then good and next to being great his stats prove that,the texans need a running game to stop the qb from getting killed,watson,gordon,dhop are the triplets needed to propel this team tot he next level,defense is great already
Supreme Megalodon
TMaas wrote:
Markulous wrote:Just to spin a conversation, if he got traded, where would be a good spot? I think considering he wants paid and he has miles on him (along with only one full season), the pick couldn't be very high. Maybe Colts or Eagles?

Tampa? Houston?

Niether, I don’t think tampa has the luxury to afford a high priced rb.
Last edited by rugger48 on Thu 07.11.2019, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
mstrbass2000 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

clowney is good but not great with huge injury concerns,you think its wise to pay this guy 20 million a yr ??? as far as gordon goes he better then good and next to being great his stats prove that,the texans need a running game to stop the qb from getting killed,watson,gordon,dhop are the triplets needed to propel this team tot he next level,defense is great already

They were going to pay Clowney. The coach didn’t want to. Clowney missed 3 games in the last 3 years and plays a much more in demand position.

Gordon doesn’t bring anything to the table that they can’t get anywhere else. He has one thousand yard rushing season in 4 years, and has only touched the ball more than 300 times in only one season. Has one season where he averaged more than 3.9 Ypc. Go look at mark Ingram’s numbers, how much is he making? He’s definitly older. There not giving up a pick and handing him 12 million +.

And yes I’d pay a premier pass rusher way before I’d pay a rb. Almost every team would.

Miller if fine for what they need, this is an easy no for the texans. I mean Gordon a solid player, but he isn’t special, I think there going to give foreman a good look to.