Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,265.44
zuggyawesome wrote:I'm slightly intrigued by Devin Singletary here, behind a revamped O-line and a mobile QB.

Is there any chance he ends up the lead back here? His tape is mighty impressive, but it was against subpar competition and he tested as a pathetic athlete.

He’s an intriguing combo of small and slow.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,727.28
hawkdogger wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:I'm slightly intrigued by Devin Singletary here, behind a revamped O-line and a mobile QB.

Is there any chance he ends up the lead back here? His tape is mighty impressive, but it was against subpar competition and he tested as a pathetic athlete.

He’s an intriguing combo of slow.

FTFY

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,956.10
jamcutpost wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:

He’s an intriguing combo of slow.

FTFY

So we're excluding the chance he's a starting caliber running back because of his hilariously poor combine? Kareem Hunt tested only marginally better, and while he was definitely buoyed by a great situation, I don't think it's impossible for Singletary to be a solid RB2 if he's given starter touches. He does have production and draft capital on his side...

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,423.06
He’s also 5’7” 200 lbs. he’s not small for his size , but a starter at that height and weight? Maybe he will be used for that for a season, but he most likly be sharing the backfield for most of his career.
Supreme Megalodon
Not saying he can’t be a good back who contributes. His ceiling is going to be 10-15 on average at different places on the field. Thats not a bad thing. Tarik Cohen is a great example. Honestly, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but he might want to drop 5-10 lbs. it won’t change his type of game and might help him be a little quicker.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:Not saying he can’t be a good back who contributes. His ceiling is going to be 10-15 on average at different places on the field. Thats not a bad thing. Tarik Cohen is a great example.

BMI has a higher correlation than raw weight for a RB's workload durability; and his BMI is in the 82nd percentile in the NFL (MJD for instance was 5'7 208).

Now, he's nowhere close to the athlete MJD or Cohen were/are; but I'm not all that concerned with his ability to handle a sizeable workload for a few seasons.

Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Not saying he can’t be a good back who contributes. His ceiling is going to be 10-15 on average at different places on the field. Thats not a bad thing. Tarik Cohen is a great example.

BMI has a higher correlation than raw weight for a RB's workload durability; and his BMI is in the 82nd percentile in the NFL (MJD for instance was 5'7 208).

Now, he's nowhere close to the athlete MJD or Cohen were/are; but I'm not all that concerned with his ability to handle a sizeable workload for a few seasons.

I am, Ive seen this before. I always defend these types of players, but too many fall between the cracks. I think he can be paired up with a typical type back, but slow and small isn’t a great way to come into the nfl. I think he has a use, but buffalo needs to find the the right use and the right involvement in the offense for him.

BMI, meh, it’s deceiving also. I’d like to see him under 190.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

I am, Ive seen this before. I always defend these types of players, but too many fall between the cracks. I think he can be paired up with a typical type back, but slow and small isn’t a great way to come into the nfl. I think he has a use, but buffalo needs to find the the right use and the right involvement in the offense for him.

BMI, meh, it’s deceiving also. I’d like to see him under 190.

I agree Singletary is a long shot. I haven't pressed the button on him even late into the 2nd round of rookie drafts. Feels more like a 3rd round flier

Supreme Megalodon
Ya, I like him too. I think the nfl is changing and these guys are going to be more of a fixture. Too much talent to look past.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,727.28
zuggyawesome wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:He’s an intriguing combo of slow.

FTFY

So we're excluding the chance he's a starting caliber running back because of his hilariously poor combine?

No.

Hawk made a joke, i made it more accurate - or at least in my opinion.

Intriguing: Of interest
    Slow: Not fast

Noone said anything else (ref: startability), or mentioned the combine (he was slow before that).

If you watched his games vs worrying about the combine (Hint: Dont) that no one else had mentioned?
    - He is a patient runner, w/good vision
    - Is elusive
    - But gets caught by DBs (and we're not talking SEC elite athletes) ALL the time in the open field.
    - Break a lot of tkls
    - ... But those tkls are "questionable". Youll believe what you want, but this isnt like Bell carrying/ dragging 2-3 Nebraska players, but "breaking" 2-3 arm tackles and hand brushes.
    - Can go up the gut or outside
    - but (again) will need blocks executed if he goes outside, and even then he wont go to the house (20-25yds, maybe?).

Rams jumped ahead of BUF by a cpl spots and took Henderson.

That was the right move, hes the better back.

In FF terms - even ignoring Shady & Gore - redraft owners this year are just going to have to hope BUF commit to the run & provide more blockers, w/better execution, esp w/that lack of a top gear (that wasnt there against smaller schools & in every year he played at college)

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
jamcutpost wrote:No.

Hawk made a joke, i made it more accurate - or at least in my opinion.

Intriguing: Of interest
    Slow: Not fast

Noone said anything else (ref: startability), or mentioned the combine (he was slow before that).

If you watched his games vs worrying about the combine (Hint: Dont) that no one else had mentioned?
    - He is a patient runner, w/good vision
    - Is elusive
    - But gets caught by DBs (and we're not talking SEC elite athletes) ALL the time in the open field.
    - Break a lot of tkls
    - ... But those tkls are "questionable". Youll believe what you want, but this isnt like Bell carrying/ dragging 2-3 Nebraska players, but "breaking" 2-3 arm tackles and hand brushes.
    - Can go up the gut or outside
    - but (again) will need blocks executed if he goes outside, and even then he wont go to the house (20-25yds, maybe?).

Rams jumped ahead of BUF by a cpl spots and took Henderson.

That was the right move, hes the better back.

In FF terms - even ignoring Shady & Gore - redraft owners this year are just going to have to hope BUF commit to the run & provide more blockers, w/better execution, esp w/that lack of a top gear (that wasnt there against smaller schools & in every year he played at college)

It was in response to "is there any chance he ends up the lead back there"; so I just assumed his response was him not being interested... So even if he didn't directly spell out his skepticism for Singletary... it seemed reasonable that that was what he meant :lol:

Agree with your assessment of him, though. I know some people had him as their #1 RB in the entire draft so I was hoping for a hidden nugget to get me excited for him

Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,265.44
I’m saying there’s a chance.
Cue Lloyd Christmas.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,477.58
Sand$: 41,902.97
Is he the starter? Or was he vying for a starting role?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,477.58