Madden Ratings

Post Reply  
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47366
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,693.97
I have never seen so many articles and tweets about players being pissed off/motivated by Madden ratings

It must be a generational thing as all of these guys likely grew up playing Madden

You know how I know you’re old
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 57803
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 22,137.88
Some of these players were in grade school when I stopped buying Madden. :neutral:
Megalodon
Posts: 17448
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 17,605.16
I haven't bought a Madden game in so long. I would love a good NFL game, but I'm not buying EA games until they change all of their microtransaction scam BS.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 4,304.78
One good thing not sure if you guys caught this..

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status ... -20-teaser
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20013
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 22,607.70
Good thing you made a thread about it...maybe you should cut down on your Twitter :lol:




Elma saves the day in....5....4....3....2....1
Last edited by Killa CAM CAN!! on Tue 07.16.2019, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6544
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 23,578.42
Keenan Allen is beside himself.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47366
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,693.97
hawkdogger wrote:Keenan Allen is beside himself.


Demarcus Lawrence called for all Cowboys fans to boycott the game after seeing his rating

:lol:
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47366
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,693.97
Markulous wrote:I haven't bought a Madden game in so long. I would love a good NFL game, but I'm not buying EA games until they change all of their microtransaction scam BS.


I haven’t played on a console in years but I did play on mobile until they changed the gameplay a couple years ago. But you’re right, the Madden money or whatever was ridiculous. People paying real cash for coins. Silly.
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Posts: 17448
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 17,605.16
endzoneview wrote:
Markulous wrote:I haven't bought a Madden game in so long. I would love a good NFL game, but I'm not buying EA games until they change all of their microtransaction scam BS.


I haven’t played on a console in years but I did play on mobile until they changed the gameplay a couple years ago. But you’re right, the Madden money or whatever was ridiculous. People paying real cash for coins. Silly.

I think I saw something recently they're charging $99 of real money for a skin on a mobile game for kids. Ridiculous
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21009
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,629.72
Markulous wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Markulous wrote:I haven't bought a Madden game in so long. I would love a good NFL game, but I'm not buying EA games until they change all of their microtransaction scam BS.


I haven’t played on a console in years but I did play on mobile until they changed the gameplay a couple years ago. But you’re right, the Madden money or whatever was ridiculous. People paying real cash for coins. Silly.

I think I saw something recently they're charging $99 of real money for a skin on a mobile game for kids. Ridiculous

That's how most of the gaming apps make money - selling skins, boxes, new weapons, etc. Sadly, this is probably the new style of making profits on games. And it sucks.
I also haven't played on a console in years either.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 57803
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 22,137.88
I still console game. Still having a great time. There have been some great games in recent years. Spiderman on PS4 is the newest game I've played, and I loved it. One of the best Spiderman stories we've gotten in movie/game media.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21009
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,629.72
Elmagister wrote:I still console game. Still having a great time. There have been some great games in recent years. Spiderman on PS4 is the newest game I've played, and I loved it. One of the best Spiderman stories we've gotten in movie/game media.

Nice! I was always into the sports games (Madden or NHL) and FPS (Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc.).
Do you get into multiplayer online also or just stick to offline console gaming? Online/live was always such a time sink, but there was often not enough offline content to stay entertained.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20013
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 22,607.70
I still play when i can but only sports games PS4. I still enjoy it but i dont get to sit down and play often.(Madden, 2K)

My nine yr old is part of the Fortnite craze. I've probabaly spent about $500 on skins and PlayStation cards. I make him earn it though. Honestly i think it was a mistake letting him play that game.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21009
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,629.72
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:I still play when i can but only sports games PS4. I still enjoy it but i dont get to sit down and play often.(Madden, 2K)

My nine yr old is part of the Fortnite craze. I've probabaly spent about $500 on skins and PlayStation cards. I make him earn it though. Honestly i think it was a mistake letting him play that game.

Whoa!
The $60 or $80 for the game and $60 or whatever it costs nowadays for online access were bad enough.
Is the PlayStation network still free to play online?
I personally never got into the paying for extra things in the game. It adds up way too quickly. Some games you almost need to do it to remain competitive, which is complete BS.

As for online... I really soured on it because so much of it is just gimmicky or glitchy BS.
Playing Madden, if you can't do a 'rocket catch' you're going to get annihilated. That's been around for a while, did they get rid of that? There used to be certain blitzes that were un-blockable also.
NHL there's certain spots of the ice where if you can get there and shoot a certain way, it's a goal every single time.
Of course, the online communities are full of players who are not only good, but are utilizing these exploits and to me, just takes the fun out of things.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 57803
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 22,137.88
Jcb890 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:I still console game. Still having a great time. There have been some great games in recent years. Spiderman on PS4 is the newest game I've played, and I loved it. One of the best Spiderman stories we've gotten in movie/game media.

Nice! I was always into the sports games (Madden or NHL) and FPS (Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc.).
Do you get into multiplayer online also or just stick to offline console gaming? Online/live was always such a time sink, but there was often not enough offline content to stay entertained.

The time sink is exactly why I stopped.