Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,577.44
SJSwarm wrote:
B) Rivers>>>Stafford>>>>>>>>>>>Cousins. Cousins is trash. Your tiers are wonky if you have those guys together. I trust Rivers more than Stafford until the Lions get rid of their garbage coach, but I'll still take Stafford in 2019 100 times out of 100 over Cousins.

This did not seem accurate, so I did a little research. In our 2QB MFL league Cousins has finished 4th, 5th and 10th the last 3 years. I have to admit those results surprised me. While I am not a fan myself, their is nothing "wonky" about having him in the same tier as those other 2 guys IMO.

Galloday looks like a steal at that ADP, but I suspect he will go a bit higher in real drafts.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,829.02
bluemist wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
B) Rivers>>>Stafford>>>>>>>>>>>Cousins. Cousins is trash. Your tiers are wonky if you have those guys together. I trust Rivers more than Stafford until the Lions get rid of their garbage coach, but I'll still take Stafford in 2019 100 times out of 100 over Cousins.

This did not seem accurate, so I did a little research. In our 2QB MFL league Cousins has finished 4th, 5th and 10th the last 3 years. I have to admit those results surprised me. While I am not a fan myself, their is nothing "wonky" about having him in the same tier as those other 2 guys IMO.

Galloday looks like a steal at that ADP, but I suspect he will go a bit higher in real drafts.

I am talking about 2019 rankings, not past rankings, FYI. :thumbright:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,577.44
SJSwarm wrote:
I am talking about 2019 rankings, not past rankings, FYI. :thumbright:

Of course we are talking about this year. He is in the same tier as Rivers (who I personally have a bit higher) and well above Stafford for me. My point remains that it is not crazy to put him at least in the same conversation as those other two.

Obviously, everyone's opinions vary right now. Cousins has 2 great WRs, a solid TE, Cook returning at RB and what should be an improved OL. Not at all "wonky" to think he could be one of those 2nd tier QBs to post top-12 numbers this year.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,758.00
Yeah, crapping on Cousins to pump up Stafford is completely ridiculous. Stafford is a garbage NFL QB and a completely average fantasy QB. Cousins is also a garbage NFL QB, but he's equally as average as Stafford for fantasy.

Preferring Stafford is fine, claiming he's significantly better?

No.
Sand$: 112,756.16
SJSwarm wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:stafford at QB 25? i'll buy that in a heartbeat. worst fantasy season of his career last year and he finished QB19.

He could turn a hefty profit...and still not have much use in our game. 4300-4400 yards, 25-27 TD, 10-13 INT, and not much running...it isn't much different than guys like Rivers and Cousins. Given the desired attack and personnel there's very little - if any - upside to those numbers too.

Will he likely be a good QB2? Sure. Is that gonna matter for your team? I doubt it.

A) A smartly constructed team with dope RB's/WR's absolutely can play matchups with QB2 types and be very successful.

I won't game plan for weeks, but I would be surprised if any of those 3 are priorities, which kinda was my point. I have fairly strong opinions about who is better than who among those 3, but in our game there isnt much reason to believe their individual production will vary relative to the others.
Supreme Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:Yeah, crapping on Cousins to pump up Stafford is completely ridiculous. Stafford is a garbage NFL QB and a completely average fantasy QB. Cousins is also a garbage NFL QB, but he's equally as average as Stafford for fantasy.

No.

In your opinion.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,895.74
SJSwarm wrote:
ubertaco wrote:Yeah, crapping on Cousins to pump up Stafford is completely ridiculous. Stafford is a garbage NFL QB and a completely average fantasy QB. Cousins is also a garbage NFL QB, but he's equally as average as Stafford for fantasy.

No.

In your opinion.

Yeah, well, its only his opinion in your opinion.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,758.00
SJSwarm wrote:

No.

In your opinion.

My opinion is also supported by statistical evidence.

Your opinion is supported by?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,590.28
A little surprised there's not more love in here for Kerryon. Should be a very run heavy team and now they also added 2 great run blocking tight ends in Jesse James and TJ Hockensen.

Sure, he'll split carries, but I think he's going to put up numbers either way. We know he's good in the passing game so he's going to see the field a lot.
Supreme Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

No.

In your opinion.

Statistical evidence that shows Cousins on a yearly downward trajectory in spite of getting a massive upgrade in surrounding personnel when he moved from Washington to Minnesota. And this year they enter the season with 2 healthy, quality RB's and a lame duck coach. Yeah, you totally owned me there with sick data. :thumbright:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 45,443.82
ubertaco wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

No.

In your opinion.

your opinion that stafford is a garbage QB is supported by statistical evidence?

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,871.96
SJSwarm wrote:
Statistical evidence that shows Cousins on a yearly downward trajectory in spite of getting a massive upgrade in surrounding personnel when he moved from Washington to Minnesota. And this year they enter the season with 2 healthy, quality RB's and a lame duck coach. Yeah, you totally owned me there with sick data. :thumbright:

I’m not a big Kirk cousins fans, but you might want to rethink that.
Supreme Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

I’m not a big Kirk cousins fans, but you might want to rethink that.

Nope. Look at the data bluemist posted. Not sure what site he got that from, but Fantasy Pros showed he went from the number 6 overall fantasy QB his last year in DC to the 13th overall fantasy QB last year in spite of Cook being hurt almost all year and having the best WR's he's ever thrown to. In my dyno league on MFL Cousins went from 8th in 2017 (right behind Stafford BTW) to 11th in 2018. No matter where you look or how you slice it, Cousins is on a downward trajectory. Pretty sure the league has figured Cousins out. He's Andy Dalton with a big mouth.

Stafford was a top 6 or 7 QB in most formats in 2016 and 2017, before dropping to #19 last year. I'm more willing to bet on a bounce back from Stafford as my QB2 than I am willing to bet on Cousins recapturing the magic he had in Washington.
Supreme Megalodon
What’s the difference between the 6th and 13th? 2 points?

You said downward spiral. Cousins had his highest total tds and passed For a 70 % , also in a new offense while getting sacked 40 times.

I’m not sure what your looking at, but the difference between the numbers your talking is based on variance , not whose better.
Last edited by rugger48 on Fri 07.19.2019, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Your bets bad, Kirks done nothing to prove he’s going to have a down year. He’s coming into the second year with this offense , that on paper has more talent, by a lot , then Staffords offense.