Sand$: 42,436.09
It was a Schotty Junior quote

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 1,987.82
I don't know why people think Penny is going to eat into Carson's touches. With Davis gone, Penny could get all 150 of Davis's touches from last year and Carson would still get his. But i imagine that some of those carries will also be going to Carson.

Remember, this is Seattle we are talking about. The most Run-First offense in years. Carson and Penny will likely both be value picks at their ADPs.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,272.52
gridguru wrote:I don't know why people think Penny is going to eat into Carson's touches. With Davis gone, Penny could get all 150 of Davis's touches from last year and Carson would still get his. But i imagine that some of those carries will also be going to Carson.

Remember, this is Seattle we are talking about. The most Run-First offense in years. Carson and Penny will likely both be value picks at their ADPs.

i agree,chris carson is gonna get a lot of touches and witht he added focus on getting him catches the kid is well worth grabbing as a rb2 even in ppr leagues
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,421.10
mstrbass2000 wrote:
gridguru wrote:I don't know why people think Penny is going to eat into Carson's touches. With Davis gone, Penny could get all 150 of Davis's touches from last year and Carson would still get his. But i imagine that some of those carries will also be going to Carson.

i agree,chris carson is gonna get a lot of touches and witht he added focus on getting him catches the kid is well worth grabbing as a rb2 even in ppr leagues

We really don't know how it'll shake out. But I don't think you can just assume Carson will automatically have the same role he had last year. Penny was out of shape to start the year after breaking his finger (?) and had to work himself back into game shape. Toward the end of the year he proved to at least be as efficient as Carson in the running game (4.9 ypc vs 4.7 ypc) and we know they liked Penny enough out of college to invest a 1st round pick into him.

Even SEA is susceptible to wanting to make their high draft picks successful; as evidenced by the timeshare to start the season last year despite Carson being the clearly better (more ready) running back at that point in time.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,345.32
According to Michael Shawn-Dugar of The Athletic, Chris Carson "continues to look like the best running back" on the Seahawks' roster.

Building off a breakout 2018 that saw him rush for over 1,000 yards, Carson has reportedly been a standout at Seahawks training camp. Sophomore Rashaad Penny has also shown well this summer, though in Shawn-Dugar's estimation, "he's just not at the same level as Carson right now." Penny has time to make up ground with the regular season still over a month away, but at present, Carson seems to have a fairly comfortable lead in Seattle's backfield race. Currently being drafted as the RB26 in fantasy, the third-year ball-carrier looks like a bargain at his fifth-round ADP.
Great White Shark
db45655 wrote:According to Michael Shawn-Dugar of The Athletic, Chris Carson "continues to look like the best running back" on the Seahawks' roster.

Building off a breakout 2018 that saw him rush for over 1,000 yards, Carson has reportedly been a standout at Seahawks training camp. Sophomore Rashaad Penny has also shown well this summer, though in Shawn-Dugar's estimation, "he's just not at the same level as Carson right now." Penny has time to make up ground with the regular season still over a month away, but at present, Carson seems to have a fairly comfortable lead in Seattle's backfield race. Currently being drafted as the RB26 in fantasy, the third-year ball-carrier looks like a bargain at his fifth-round ADP.

Color me completely uninterested in Michael Shawn-Dugar's RB talent evaluations.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,345.32
i guess things looked different to you when you were watching the camp RB battle?
Sand$: 42,436.09

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 1,987.82
From Matthew Berry's "100 things to know" article. He used 11 of them on Carson and Penny.

61. Last season, the Seahawks ran the ball an NFL-high 49.5% of the time.

62. In fact, they have run the ball at the highest rate in the NFL since Russell Wilson came into the NFL.

63. On the run-heaviest team in the NFL last season, Rashaad Penny averaged 6.1 carries per game.

64. Last season, in the Seahawks' final seven games (including playoffs), Penny got zero targets.

65. Meanwhile, on a per-game basis, only Ezekiel Elliott and Gurley averaged more rushing attempts last season than ... Chris Carson.

66. Carson lost yardage on just 6.5% of carries, the fifth-lowest rate among qualified RBs.

67. Last season, there were only three running backs with at least 1,100 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns: Barkley, Gurley ... and Carson.

68. In the nine games he received at least 15 carries last season, Carson scored eight times.

69. Mike Davis had 146 touches for the Seahawks last season, or 9.7 per game.

69a. Davis is now with the Chicago Bears.

70. Last season, despite playing just 14 games, Carson finished as RB15 in total points.

71. As of this writing, Carson is being drafted as RB24, in the sixth round on ESPN.

Penny's utilization will increase, but he wont be in the same ballpark as Carson unless Carson seriously regresses or get's injured.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,778.74
endzoneview wrote:It was a Schotty Junior quote
Great White Shark
db45655 wrote:i guess things looked different to you when you were watching the camp RB battle?

I didn't make any claims about the RB position battle based on training camp. Doing so is a fools errand; especially when make claims like, "he's just not at the same level as Carson right now." That statement has nothing that can be confirmed based on anyone's observations but his own; which I put no value in. You're free to do so if you wish, though. I won't stop you :Drink)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,272.52
Rashaad Penny RB, Seattle Seahawks
NBC Sports' Joe Fann anticipates "Chris Carson taking at least two-thirds of the workload" with Rashaad Penny filling in the rest.

Fann calls Penny "the clear No. 2 in the 1-2 punch" and believes Penny will see "a few series a game." In this run-heavy offense, Penny should still see enough volume to remain a flex option, especially if the Seahawks target their backs more like they've said repeatedly this offseason. With that said, Carson looks like the running back with the higher upside and floor

ps chris carson adp of #27rb is way too low,move him up to the top of the 3rd rd,heavy usage in a run heavy offense plus added receptions
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,048.06
Decent choice somewhere in the third if you start wr/wr or wr/te.
Volume is locked in. I'd go Freeman if he was available in that situation, though.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,024.12
Chris Carson is the perfect RB to start off WR/WR.....you can go snag Damian in the 3rd or Mack, Jones and Carson 4th :thumbright:

Chris Carson will take me to a ship like Zac Stacy did a few years back when he was with the Rams! :twisted:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,375.02
Where would everyone put Penny's dynasty value at?