Andrew Luck to Retire

Megalodon
Sand$: 35,523.96
endzoneview wrote:

This non issue is getting worse by the day

I’m no doctor. But I think the calf is on the back of the leg, and therefore above the back of the ankle.

Sand$: 41,842.21
Maybe the Colts don’t have the best medical staff

Just throwing it out there
Whale Shark
Sand$: 765.16
Ever since Colts owner Jim Irsay compared Andrew Luck's lingering calf injury with an injury Ryan Diem suffered years ago, the retired Colts offensive lineman has been buried in questions about his injury history.
"I’ve been fielding questions all day," Diem said in an email with IndyStar. "Amazing how being lumped in with Andrew Luck has that effect! Lol…
Diem explained that his "small little bone injury" was a broken Os Trigonum, which is a small bone that sits behind the ankle joint.
"It's a weird little bone that only about 10% of people have," said Diem, who suffered his injury during the Colts Super Bowl XLI victory against the Chicago Bears in 2006.
The injury was "extremely painful," and Diem knew immediately something was wrong. Initially, doctors believed his Achilles tendon was about to rupture but further diagnostics showed that a small piece of bone had broken off the back of his foot was getting pinches in the joint.
Fortunately for Diem, the process of removing it was simple.
"A straightforward surgery to remove it, and there was instant relief," said Diem, who retired in 2011. "Recovery was fairly minimal. Thankful it wasn’t my Achilles."
According to OrthoIndy's Dr. Jonathan Shook, an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine who has been practicing for 11 years, the preferred treatment for an Os Trignom is rest. If surgery is required, as it was for Diem, recovery time is generally four to six weeks. Injuries to the Os Trigonum are most common in soccer players and ballerinas — anyone who "does a lot of plantar flexing or pointing their toes down. So they’re kicking a ball or on point for a ballerina," Shook said.
"It happens when your toes are pointed all the way down and the backside of your ankle is coming up and can contact that backside of an ankle joint," added Shook, who has not examined Luck or Diem. "The back of the tibia.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,204.24
prplhz14 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

This non issue is getting worse by the day

I’m no doctor. But I think the calf is on the back of the leg, and therefore above the back of the ankle.

You are now my doctor.
SandShark
Sand$: 101.70
I am worried. I have him in a keeper league but was able to pick up Wilson today
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,705.94
endzoneview wrote:Maybe the Colts don’t have the best medical staff

Just throwing it out there

They should trade for Trent Williams

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Blue Shark
Sand$: 860.04
Makes me worry for Hilton and Mack too, ill prob be avoiding them unless they fall significantly in drafts...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,366.68
mj021407 wrote:Makes me worry for Hilton and Mack too, ill prob be avoiding them unless they fall significantly in drafts...

Exactly where I am at.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,011.40
Yeah, I was big on Hilton until all this crap came out. I don't really understand how this injury has lingered so much and gotten worse. Andrew Luck is like the reverse Wolverine.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,723.14
I really dislike with how the colts deal with injuries. They did the same thing with Peyton.

It's been lingering for months, and in the the last 48 hours we have gotten 3 possible diagnosis...yikes!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,951.12
bluemist wrote:
mj021407 wrote:Makes me worry for Hilton and Mack too, ill prob be avoiding them unless they fall significantly in drafts...

Exactly where I am at.

dropping mack half a rd to the 4th
dropping ty hilton a full rd to the 4th for now
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,011.40
Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star clarified that Andrew Luck has not been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain.
The Colts, who have never been the most forthcoming with injury details (particularly in regards to Luck), finally admitted what many had long suspected: the quarterback's balky calf isn't the only body part bothering him. While Luck's ankle is admittedly causing him pain, the Colts have stopped short of calling it a "high sprain." Perhaps it would be better if it was a high sprain, as at least then the Colts would have a clear timetable for their franchise signal-caller. Indianapolis insists Luck is in no danger of missing Week 1, but we're starting to have our doubts.

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 392.72
Four to six weeks if he does surgery. There is a good chance it comes to that. How long has this "little injury" lasted now?