HammerHead Shark
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 3, 2013
Sand$: 2,051.48
I'm in on Woods as my 2nd or 3rd WR at his ADP now.

Kupp will be a mere 10 months removed from his ACL injury, being he's a slot receiver that seems like a lot of lateral movement for a guy 10 months removed to come in week 1 and perform. I think I'll let someone else deal with him.

Not sure what I'll do as far as Gurley and to be honest might depend on my draft position. If I'm sitting there at 7th or 8th I can see myself taking Adams or Hopkins then Gurley in that 2nd round turn.

Love the Rams defense, week 9 bye and playoffs schedule isn't that bad.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20083
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 12,035.01
I can see Brown having some good value, as I suspect even if Gurley misses a few games Henderson will still remain the change-of-pace rb.
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8797
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 19,577.44
I want some of this offense, even it is in the later, "dart throw" rounds.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 57748
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 22,061.42
Kaleb.09 wrote:I can see Brown having some good value, as I suspect even if Gurley misses a few games Henderson will still remain the change-of-pace rb.

I think there plan is to use Henderson/Gurley like the saints did Kamara/Ingram.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 4,302.04
Elmagister wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:I can see Brown having some good value, as I suspect even if Gurley misses a few games Henderson will still remain the change-of-pace rb.

I think there plan is to use Henderson/Gurley like the saints did Kamara/Ingram.


X2
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2010
Sand$: 9,811.91
So, who's concerned about Gurley's knee? Personally, I think it's way overblown.
_______________________________________

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12208
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 36,895.74
I think McVay has already referenced Chris Thompson rather than Kamara for Henderson.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 1,262.48
bluemist wrote:I want some of this offense, even it is in the later, "dart throw" rounds.


Who are those guys, Everett? Because the 3 WRs are all top 20 picks and Gurley and Henderson are up there too.

Josh Reynolds?
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47293
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,576.95
TheJayCutlers wrote:
bluemist wrote:I want some of this offense, even it is in the later, "dart throw" rounds.


Who are those guys, Everett? Because the 3 WRs are all top 20 picks and Gurley and Henderson are up there too.

Josh Reynolds?


Bortles
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Moderator
Posts: 55763
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 112,756.16
KRB80 wrote:So, who's concerned about Gurley's knee? Personally, I think it's way overblown.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/8/8/ ... colm-brown

I agree about the range of potential outcomes - from least likely to most likely.

"That flexibility is probably the driving factor given that Gurley’s availability will be a week-to-week decision making process. So instead of forcing a reduced role through a specific part of the schedule, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gurley gets 16 carries one week, four the next and then 14 in a third game."

Is it possible for his knee to not act up and he never really get limited? Sure, but it'd be a stupid bet to make. Expect him to be limited at some point and you probably won't know in advance of making any WSIS decisions for that given week. Trying to quantify that sorta uncertainty is an exercise in futility, but keep it in mind when you're deciding where to slot him.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47293
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,576.95
*checks Rams schedule and immediately crosses off Thursday games*

edit - looks like only one, week 5
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 3, 2013
Sand$: 2,051.48
Realistically where do we stand on Darrel Henderson ? Will he have maybe stand alone FLEX value at the very least ?
Moderator
Posts: 55763
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 112,756.16
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:Realistically where do we stand on Darrel Henderson ? Will he have maybe stand alone FLEX value at the very least ?

He doesn't have rookie season Kamara upside because of all the WR's on the Rams vs. the Saints. But it's close.
His most realistic range more closely aligns with Cohen, White, Ekeler, Duke, etc. Where exactly on that range will depend on Gurley's knee week-to-week, which we likely won't have a status update on when we need to make a decision.
But there is also potential he quite simply does not get on the field enough.

In leeg's with strong replacement options on waivers I like the gamble.
In leeg's with weak replacement options he isn't a priority for me in round 7. He'd probably need to slip.
Moderator
Posts: 55763
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 112,756.16
endzoneview wrote:*checks Rams schedule and immediately crosses off Thursday games*

edit - looks like only one, week 5

I think it's more likely they hit the brakes on Gurley the Sunday before at home vs. Tampa then cut him loose in a road divisional game on primetime.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47293
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,576.95
perhaps

But I think plan's like this sound good in the pre-season and maybe even week 1 but gets thrown to the side around week 4, especially if the team loses early. We'll see how disciplined McVay can be. Going to depend on how good the other running backs play as well.
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”