Zeke Watch - UPDATE: Signed 6yrs 90 million

Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,643.10
Why would Zeke do what Bell did? That accomplished nothing, absolutely nothing. All Bell managed to do was cost himself a years salary, which was a lot of money, and then end up on another team. You can argue that he may have go hurt if he played last year but even if he did get hurt he still would have been signed by someone.

On to Zeke, I'm a Dallas fan and I think Zeke has to play for Dallas to win but I'd also love to see them win without him and see how Zeke reacts, if he comes back or he sits. I don't think he'll sit and if he's available in your draft you'd be a fool not to take him. There have been plenty of other times where my 1st round pick didn't perform ( DJ last year) and I did OK. If he does sit, he's a 1st round bust and you'd have to get around it...but if he falls to spot 5,6,7 and he doesn't sit.. you got yourself a good value.

QB-
RB- Coleman
WR -
TE -
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,999.08
md2002 wrote:Why would Zeke do what Bell did? That accomplished nothing, absolutely nothing. All Bell managed to do was cost himself a years salary, which was a lot of money, and then end up on another team. You can argue that he may have go hurt if he played last year but even if he did get hurt he still would have been signed by someone.

This is a bizarre claim.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:
md2002 wrote:Why would Zeke do what Bell did? That accomplished nothing, absolutely nothing. All Bell managed to do was cost himself a years salary, which was a lot of money, and then end up on another team. You can argue that he may have go hurt if he played last year but even if he did get hurt he still would have been signed by someone.

This is a bizarre claim.

How so? How did Bell better himself or his situation by sitting out an entire year?

QB-
RB- Coleman
WR -
TE -
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,999.08
Security.

How can you claim another 400+ touches or injury wouldn't have impacted the money he got in Free Agency?
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:Security.

How can you claim another 400+ touches or injury wouldn't have impacted the money he got in Free Agency?

I can't, that's just an opinion. If that's what you meant then I guess it is a bizarre claim.

QB-
RB- Coleman
WR -
TE -
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,484.44
md2002 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

This is a bizarre claim.

How so? How did Bell better himself or his situation by sitting out an entire year?

If you think about it he really didn’t lose a years salary.
Sand$: 40,875.27
True, 16 weeks is not a year

jk
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 52,217.59
rugger48 wrote:He didn’t really lose out on the 14+ From last year.

Explain how he didn't lose the 14 mill from last year. I really don’t understand. Did he get paid at all for sitting on his butt while losing a year of his prime? That guaranteed money is gone and he would have needed a huge contract to make up the difference. As I said before, the only way I can see it working out better financially for Bell is if he gets seriously injured or tanks dramatically.
Supreme Megalodon
He never played , you don’t lose money you did play for.

Look at his jets contracts and the way the roster bonuses are set up. Look at what the Steelers supposedly offered. There is a sense that bells long game isn’t football. I’m not saying he doesn’t want to play , but I wouldn’t be surprised that in 2-3 years he wants out.

I honestly think his goal wasn’t to reset the market for rbs, I think he wanted more than 14 mill guarenteed for 1 year. He’s now getting at least 30 for 2. He’ll play as long as the jets will pay him.
He’ll play for the Jets until the guaranteed money runs out and I won’t blame him for it
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,865.13

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,914.42
endzoneview wrote:He’ll play for the Jets until the guaranteed money runs out and I won’t blame him for it

E.Z.V. do you take Bell in front of David Johnson in Standard scoring, Heavy TD leagues?
BTW good luck this year, liking your new slot receiver and Herndon (sleeper breakout potential) when he comes back in this offense.

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
Supreme Megalodon
I’m just going to say , if I’m in Cabo , Im not working out to play football. Let me repeat , im not working out.

Nothing to do with this thread, but I’m not working out.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,914.42
rugger48 wrote:I’m just going to say , if I’m in Cabo , Im not working out to play football. Let me repeat , im not working out.

Nothing to do with this thread, but I’m not working out.

LOL Cabo Wabo Cantina and Mermaids Cabaret can really wreck a guys workout schedule & six-pack...Good luck this year Rugger :Drink)

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
peacefulwarrior wrote:
endzoneview wrote:He’ll play for the Jets until the guaranteed money runs out and I won’t blame him for it

E.Z.V. do you take Bell in front of David Johnson in Standard scoring, Heavy TD leagues?
BTW good luck this year, liking your new slot receiver and Herndon (sleeper breakout potential) when he comes back in this offense.

I like Bell this year obviously but in Heavy TD formats I’d go David Johnson honestly. I remember looking back over Bell’s stats in Pitt I think he’s never scored more than 11 times and he only did that twice. David Johnson scored 20 his big year. Even Conner scored 13 times last year.