Sand$: 113,863.32
SnakeStabler wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
jesteva wrote:...he just went 4.10 in our best ball draft.

Definitely some buyer beware in the air.

I don't know when I finally would have pulled the trigger, but I know we weren't close to that point. And someone else would before I, so I didn't spend any time thinking about it. I get that best ball is different but going out of your way to add problems to your rooster in August always seems like a good idea, but then you also have to deal with the unplanned for problems that develop in September. Then inevitably end up with too many problems to manage. So, just avoid them in the first place.

You can also say that about Zeke and M.Gordon at this point. Stay away?

Yep - Zeke and Gordon are on a tier titled 'til they report I am not drafting them.' AB's tier name is 'mental midgets don't need helmets,' but that's more to get a laugh when my wife reads it after he gets picked in our draft next weekend.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,298.22
Now what are the sheeple going to talk about. Darn it all to heck!

ANTONIO BROWN
WR, OAKLAND RAIDERS

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports Antonio Brown has returned to practice.
Brown practiced with the team for the first time since his helmet issue. It comes a day after GM Mike Mayock was forced to make a statement on his status. Brown plans to continue his fight to keep his helmet but will comply with the league's standards for now. Brown seems like a longshot to play in the Raiders' third preseason game, but this puts him on track for Week 1.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports
Aug 19, 2019, 12:17 PM ET

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,163.96
Yeah I posted that on the last page
Supreme Megalodon
That's so last page tho.

SJSwarm wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:HWBF

Common sense also says you show up for your week 17 game with the playoffs on the line.

Not sure how you got that I was talking about Antonio Brown's level of common sense when I was clearly talking about the impact of Waller and Williams within the scope of fantasy football, but ok. :thumbright:

I'll change the original quote to fit the context then. Cause there isn't anything fine about this. This was always going to be a disaster the day the trade was made. It was just a matter of when. I don't think anyone anticipated this early, but it's also not surprising. If Pittsburgh said enough with him then Gruden's circus certainly isn't going to be the one to harness him.

I think he will eventually report and maybe actually stick around, but he will only do the bare minimum to ensure it doesn't impact future pay day's. Although I could see him saying eff it once he's locked in all his 2019 money, depending on how the season is going. It's just not a problem I'm willing to deal with.
Sand$: 40,556.09
I was going to say I think he was just trying to find a way to get out of going to camp but with Hard Knocks there I’d think he’d want to show off.

So I think the guy is just a quirky diva cancer. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last.
Supreme Megalodon
HWBF is still a sarcastic joke around here isn't it? Or is this like into the spiderverse and I'm in an alternate reality where it literally means he will actually literally be fine?????

This is probably going to be like Randy Moss on the Raiders, but whatevs. I wasn't expecting more than 6 wins max this year anythehoo, so if Brown melts down, no biggie. As a perpetually disappointed Raiders fan, I was dead serious when I said IDC if he plays any other weeks this season but the one I need him to cover my byes in TPL. And from a dynasty perspective, I'm fine with owning Brown for whatever career he has left, Randy Moss was also a cancer and done and blah blah blah when he went to the Pats. Brown still has fantasy life in him. Might not be this year, but he does. As long as you have talent, it doesn't matter in the world of sports what an insufferable bastard you are, someone will want you. See: Westbrook, Russell.

For the Raiders fans that were actually expecting us to compete this year, well, they don't live on the same plucky ball of dirt as the rest of us. No sympathy.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,604.60
OarChambo wrote:Yep - Zeke and Gordon are on a tier titled 'til they report I am not drafting them.' AB's tier name is 'mental midgets don't need helmets,' but that's more to get a laugh when my wife reads it after he gets picked in our draft next weekend.

Speaking of that, did I miss your 2019 edition of this, or are you not doing it / done it yet?

That's good stuff right there.
ross3650 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Yep - Zeke and Gordon are on a tier titled 'til they report I am not drafting them.' AB's tier name is 'mental midgets don't need helmets,' but that's more to get a laugh when my wife reads it after he gets picked in our draft next weekend.

Speaking of that, did I miss your 2019 edition of this, or are you not doing it / done it yet?

If I think it ends up humorous enough I'll probably post it next week. I'm disappointed how bland the rough draft is right now. Creative muscles haven't been flexing this August, but maybe it'll come with more ridiculousness like this AB circus.
SJSwarm wrote:HWBF is still a sarcastic joke around here isn't it? Or is this like into the spiderverse and I'm in an alternate reality where it literally means he will actually literally be fine?????

This is probably going to be like Randy Moss on the Raiders, but whatevs. I wasn't expecting more than 6 wins max this year anythehoo, so if Brown melts down, no biggie. As a perpetually disappointed Raiders fan, I was dead serious when I said IDC if he plays any other weeks this season but the one I need him to cover my byes in TPL. And from a dynasty perspective, I'm fine with owning Brown for whatever career he has left, Randy Moss was also a cancer and done and blah blah blah when he went to the Pats. Brown still has fantasy life in him. Might not be this year, but he does. As long as you have talent, it doesn't matter in the world of sports what an insufferable bastard you are, someone will want you. See: Westbrook, Russell.

For the Raiders fans that were actually expecting us to compete this year, well, they don't live on the same plucky ball of dirt as the rest of us. No sympathy.

Shrug, maybe - maybe not. Previously you expected a quantum leep jump with AB.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=347236&p=5113668&hilit=quantum#p5113668

Which given the realities of the situation never made any sense. When a malcontent leaves a relatively stable org on poor terms and joins a circus for pennies on the dollar there's usually good reason why. Your Randy Moss comp is a much more apt situation to reference. And further reason to just stay away. His value hasn't tanked yet like Oakland Randy did. If you want to take a shot then take it once that happens.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:Shrug, maybe - maybe not. Previously you expected a quantum leep jump with AB.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=347236&p=5113668&hilit=quantum#p5113668

Which given the realities of the situation never made any sense. When a malcontent leaves a relatively stable org on poor terms and joins a circus for pennies on the dollar there's usually good reason why. Your Randy Moss comp is a much more apt situation to reference. And further reason to just stay away. His value hasn't tanked yet like Oakland Randy did. If you want to take a shot then take it once that happens.

If you read that post, I said Brown/Williams is a quantum leap forward from Streaky Cooper/Retired Nelson. As in our WR talent level. Which is obvi true. Renfrow is going to be a hell of a lot better than Seth Roberts in the slot too. So the WR room as a whole is better, even if one of the WR's is a nutjob. Never said it was going to amount to more wins, so not sure why you picked that post to try to call me out with. :-k

Show me the post I made where I said the Raiders were going to be a winning team this year. You can't, because it doesn't exist. I've been pretty consistent with my Raiders outlook. And honestly without Gabe Jackson for a chunk of the season, the outlook is even worse for 2019.

Or, if you're rooting for Gruden to crash and burn and be replaced by year 2 in Vegas (me), the outlook is better.

Take your pick.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=347236&p=5118848#p5118848

SJSwarm wrote:So because AB fell out with his racist rapist QB he’s a bad guy and a bad teammate?

Ok.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=348940&p=5104301#p5104301

SJSwarm wrote:
unimsw wrote:One of the best, sure, I can see that argument. But WRs are in the context of a system. Just look at Cooper in Oakland vs. Dallas. I would bet 10,000 sands he doesn’t finish top 10 WR this year.

I’ll take that bet.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=348940&p=5103761#p5103761

SJSwarm wrote:I'm going to laugh if we get him for a 3rd and a 6th.......it will be enjoyable to watch the tank try to spin it as a failure for Gruden.

---

**Oh, I meant our talent level. HWBF is still sarcasm around here, right.** That's now what you meant. You thought the AB move was a good one. Stop spinning. So is it the above or do you think Spring Swarm was wrong? Narrative altering only leads to avoidable problems and others reading dialogue like this that they do not care about and will not extract benefit from. We all have our misses. The important thing is to own them. Not spin them away.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,604.60
OarChambo wrote:
ross3650 wrote:

If I think it ends up humorous enough I'll probably post it next week. I'm disappointed how bland the rough draft is right now. Creative muscles haven't been flexing this August, but maybe it'll come with more ridiculousness like this AB circus.

Okay. You can't force these things, I know....
Supreme Megalodon
Nope, I said show me where I said the Raiders were going to be a winning team. I still have no issue with giving up 2 late picks for a mega talented poop. And he could still easily be a top 10 WR in fantasy football. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Gotta shoot your shot sometimes, especially when you are the Raiders and top flight FA's don't want to go there voluntarily. And again, you posted now FOUR links, and none of them said anything about me stating the Raiders were going to win more than 6 games this year, which is what I asked you to provide. :-k

All that time searching and copying and pasting down the drain. #-o

You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round

I never claimed you said anything about the Raiders winning X number of games this year. You're moving the goal posts to an unrelated subject because you cannot spin your original stance on this clown show. Just own it.