The Darwin Thompson Theory

Megalodon
Sand$: 19,680.86
hawkdogger wrote:He leveled a free running DE last night. I whooped.

Its not the same thing, but in a similar vein

Ghaifan is/was Wyomings DT (6'3, 290)

given who had the greater mass & momentum there, im not sure many "smaller" backs would get away with that.

Im not sure he will in the pros if im candid.

But if hes in open space ... and has got that yd or two of acceleration behind him, i wouldnt bet against it.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 134,954.57
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:but what if that inevitable waiver wire break out is Darwin?

insert head explosion gif

Pure laziness.

:combustion:

Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Jam just curious, are you taking Darwin over Justice Hill? Both are late round dart throws in the average non dyno league.

Nah, Hill first

But only because of the RB situations and O's. Not solely a talent based decision.

Like both a lot.

Just as an addendum, forgot the cross reference (its late here!)

Justice came from Okie State.

Oklahoma State's all time leading rushers

#3 Thats Darwin's uncle

(Who also runs the gym that trained him)

Means squat, much like David's pro career (one and done in the pros) & wont change anyones mind one way or another :)

Just posting more for info and colour than anything else - as i havent seen any/many mention him yet :thumbright:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,312.14
<rubbing hands together>
Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,067.64
Kid looked good again against the Steelers.
His pass pro is improving. Crushed some free blitzers.
Hyde looked bleh.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,736.44
Darwin Thompson and Justice Hill are 2 of my favorite RB fliers at the end of drafts
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,201.65
Tacks652 wrote:Darwin Thompson and Justice Hill are 2 of my favorite RB fliers at the end of drafts

:-$

some of us are drafting right now

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,457.94
I took him at 11th overall in one of my Dynasty leagues.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,457.94
In case you haven't seen it today...

Andy Reid said RB Darwin Thompson is more advanced than they thought he would be when they drafted him in the sixth round.
"He’s got good vision in the run game," Reid explained. "And then he’s got a pretty good understanding of the pass game." This preseason, we've seen just that. Thompson has had a handful of big plays already and looks a lot more explosive than Carlos Hyde, who is Thompson's primary competitor for snaps. Damien Williams remains the Chiefs' starter, but it's going to be hard for Kansas City to completely keep Thompson off the field if he continues to show well. Expect Thompson to be a low-volume, change-of-pace back to start the season.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,077.58
Rookie fever.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,422.74
rugger48 wrote:Rookie fever.

It's my second favorite time of the year - when we watch expectations for these guys get built up into the stratosphere.

My favorite time of the year, of course, is when people drop good players that didn't meet expectations in year one to make room on their rosters for the new rookies.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 246.98
I'm on board the Darwin Thompson train this year.

Dawin Thompson is the 2019 version of Brian Westbrook.

Damian Williams is the 2019 version of Spencer Ware.

Get sum while it's free.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,928.20
Where is Darwin being drafted? He has been a target.of mine in dynasty but I haven't been able to get him anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually have to make some effort in redraft also.

Megalodon
Sand$: 38,482.78
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Where is Darwin being drafted? He has been a target.of mine in dynasty but I haven't been able to get him anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually have to make some effort in redraft also.

I haven't had a draft yet, but picked him up for $1 at the end of an auction last weekend. Every new report about him has been positive, and he's going to start getting much more expensive over the next two weeks.
Just the potential to be a significant part of the Chiefs offense has to push him up near the top of the handcuff rankings, and certainly to the top of the "lottery ticket on the bench" rankings.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders