The Darwin Thompson Theory

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 223.32
I didn't want to jump into this thread until all three of my drafts were over. Some league mates visit these forums as well.

I took Darwin in the 13th round in 2 drafts. 14th in a 3rd where i took a D in the 13th. All redrafts PPR Flex.

He's my RB4 or RB5 on all teams.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,186.17
DeeCleat wrote:I didn't want to jump into this thread until all three of my drafts were over. Some league mates visit these forums as well.

I took Darwin in the 13th round in 2 drafts. 14th in a 3rd where i took a D in the 13th. All redrafts PPR Flex.

Lucky guy,
My leagues D. Thompson is going round 8-10...
I missed out.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
Blue Shark
Sand$: 829.72
Got him in the 11th but rest of my drafts are on Labor Day weekend and I’m sure I’ll have to reach at least in 8th round by then
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
I own Damien Williams. For last Rb, would u rather have Kareem Hunt or Darwin Thompson?
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,325.22
db45655 wrote:I own Damien Williams. For last Rb, would u rather have Kareem Hunt or Darwin Thompson?

I'd love to have both (and I do in one league), but if forced to choose one, it would be Thompson.
There's a good chance Hunt will matter down the stretch and in the fantasy playoffs, but he's not helping you for the first 9 weeks of the season. Even in a limited role early in the year, Thompson will get at least a few touches each week and can be a longshot flex or bye-week option.

But if you're going to leave Hunt on the free agent pile, I'd look to pick him up once it becomes clear which guys on your bench can be safely cut.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
Who's the bigger slamdunk as a handcuff not as a flex
Megalodon
Sand$: 47,071.55
Got him for $1 at the end of the auction and I couldn't be more pleased. Possible league winner.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,667.10
I wanna believe, but feels like it's going to take some patience. Darwin's likely the change of pace guy to start and will have to earn his way past Damien Williams to be a stud.

No brainer pickup though with big upside. Wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted and dropped by some after a few weeks if it's not automatic
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,640.16
Mad_Puppy wrote:
DeeCleat wrote:I didn't want to jump into this thread until all three of my drafts were over. Some league mates visit these forums as well.

Lucky guy,
My leagues D. Thompson is going round 8-10...
I missed out.

If he is going in the 8th round, he wont end up on any of my teams. Seems a bit too high for a change of pace rookie
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 52,217.59
Yeah, he needs a lot of things to fall right to have significant value. Huge upside, but he could just as likely be WW fodder in a couple weeks or ride the bench with 5 carries a game. There are worse dart throws, but he is creeping up boards super fast.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,865.13
He and Justice Hill are creeping up draft boards. Not sure which I'd prefer but I def want one of them.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,005.48
KRB80 wrote:He and Justice Hill are creeping up draft boards. Not sure which I'd prefer but I def want one of them.

Hill over Thompson for me.
Leopard Shark

Tyreek Hill calls him "Baby Swole"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,865.13
Elmagister wrote:
KRB80 wrote:He and Justice Hill are creeping up draft boards. Not sure which I'd prefer but I def want one of them.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way myself. Hopefully the KC hype machine overshadows.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Leopard Shark
Elmagister wrote:

I'd lean the other way on that one.

Hill not only has 3 goal line proficient RBs to compete with, but Lamar Jackson is going to get his share of rushing scores too. And... the Ravens, as a rushing team, are going to score far less TDs as a team this year than the Chiefs.

Thompson already looks like the best RB on KC's Roster. He's already shown, at a small sample size of course, that he can do it all.

If one believes that Thompson is going to be a backup to Damian Williams all season long i understand the hesitation to fade him.

I think Thompson is going to emerge as KC's starting RB sooner rather than later, and that Damian Williams will move back into the role that matches his contract and career arch; a committee change of pace / spell RB. I think that once the season starts, we're going to here commentators compare #25 to Brian Westbrook every game and praise Andy Reid for his draft prowess... as Thompson is scampering up and down the field for huge numbers.