Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32886
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 35,157.94
Ok just so Oar will shut up and move on, I’m sincerely apologetic to the tank for being excited as a fan about trading for an all pro WR when it happened. Totally unreasonable on my part to be happy we added a talented player and not state any correlation between his arrival and an improved record in 2019. I’m so, so ashamed.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4612
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 2,006.64
So inappropriate.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39110
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 127,705.28
Antonio Brown
WR, Oakland Raiders

PFT's Mike Florio reports Antonio Brown has filed another grievance against the NFL preventing him from wearing his old helmet.
We've ran out of things to say with this situation. Brown refuses to quit in his effort to wear his Schutt AiR Advantage helmet. The league isn't going to allow it to happen. Until AB comes to terms with that, this will continue to be a circus.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Aug 19, 2019, 8:34 PM ET


](*,)
_______________________________________

Image
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7018
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005
Sand$: 1,439.86
Hopefully that emotion is not wearing a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet, because clearly that's unsafe.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4612
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 2,006.64
ross3650 wrote:Hopefully that emotion is not wearing a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet, because clearly that's unsafe.


:lol:
Chum
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2018
Sand$: 85.00
If Antonio Brown decides to sit out or "retire" :F who would be the #1 WR ... Or is it too early to be looking at this...
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48127
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,887.97
SJSwarm wrote:Now what are the sheeple going to talk about. Darn it all to heck!

ANTONIO BROWN
WR, OAKLAND RAIDERS

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports Antonio Brown has returned to practice.
Brown practiced with the team for the first time since his helmet issue. It comes a day after GM Mike Mayock was forced to make a statement on his status. Brown plans to continue his fight to keep his helmet but will comply with the league's standards for now. Brown seems like a longshot to play in the Raiders' third preseason game, but this puts him on track for Week 1.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports
Aug 19, 2019, 12:17 PM ET


At practice but did not practice

Plenty for sheeple to talk about
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48127
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,887.97
SnakeStabler wrote:
Antonio Brown
WR, Oakland Raiders

PFT's Mike Florio reports Antonio Brown has filed another grievance against the NFL preventing him from wearing his old helmet.
We've ran out of things to say with this situation. Brown refuses to quit in his effort to wear his Schutt AiR Advantage helmet. The league isn't going to allow it to happen. Until AB comes to terms with that, this will continue to be a circus.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Aug 19, 2019, 8:34 PM ET


](*,)


at a loss for words
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39110
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 127,705.28
ross3650 wrote:Hopefully that emotion is not wearing a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet, because clearly that's unsafe.

:lol: :lol:
_______________________________________

Image
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16639
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 135,326.75
boozelizard wrote:If Antonio Brown decides to sit out or "retire" :F who would be the #1 WR ... Or is it too early to be looking at this...

Too early. He's not leaving that money on the table over this.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 1,751.14
There is a track record of proven veterans doing whatever they can to get out of training camp.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004
Sand$: 5,398.24
So, a neighbor brought over some cookies. My daughter starts saying she wants a cookie. I told her she had to have dinner. There’s an emotional back and forth. I win. She finishes her dinner and gets the cookie. She doesn’t like the cookie. 1 hour later, she’s pissed off at me. I asked why. Because I didn’t give her the cookie even though she didn’t like the cookie.

This reminds me of that.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2494
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 6,216.12
boozelizard wrote:If Antonio Brown decides to sit out or "retire" :F who would be the #1 WR ... Or is it too early to be looking at this...


#1 in Oakland I assume, because no one has AB as the #1 in fantasy anymore.

I don't know the answer beyond whatever the depth chart would show (Tyrell Williams?). However, I'm not sure how much value any of the WRs would have realistically. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be worth owning as your WR3 or worse, but I'm not sure any of them will wind up being that interesting.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6723
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 23,801.74
db45655 wrote:So, a neighbor brought over some cookies. My daughter starts saying she wants a cookie. I told her she had to have dinner. There’s an emotional back and forth. I win. She finishes her dinner and gets the cookie. She doesn’t like the cookie. 1 hour later, she’s pissed off at me. I asked why. Because I didn’t give her the cookie even though she didn’t like the cookie.

This reminds me of that.


Did your daughter spit the cookie out on the floor, flip you the bird, and knock over the end table as she flounced out of the room? If not, I’m not seeing it.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7355
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sand$: 23,229.68
I was listening to Lisa Anne on the SiriusXM fantasy channel last night (yes, that Lisa Anne...no, don't google her at work), and she brought up a great point.

Even if/when this grievance and circus ends, and AB returns to football, doesn't it just seem like 6 weeks from now, when the Raiders are 1-5, he's just gonna shut it down and start phoning it in every week?

This has Randy Moss 2.0 written all over it.

Sorry if this has been stated already. Just thought it was an interesting take.

BTW, she's surprisingly on point with her fantasy football analysis.